Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Jun 09, 21:31:59
Reasons I can think of for people to hate Skylanders:
1. Spyro nostalgia, and the way that he looks in Skylanders. I'll admit, that caused me to have a kneejerk "Ew, Skylanders is gross" reaction. "They took one of my favorite childhood video game characters, turned him into that, and shoved him in a random game?! :s" But I've calmed down about it since then, and now I'm pretty indifferent to it.

2. It seems like it's a game for kids, and there are people who look down on games that're aimed at kids. :\ Yet, like I said above, there are people who have nostalgia for Spyro, so I guess it's more so that there are people who look down on new games that're aimed at kids. Kids games that we played when we were kids are still viewed as "Aw man, that game/series is so awesome, every kid should play it! I'm gonna play it again!!"

3. Isn't it one of those games where you buy figurines to unlock new characters? I think there are people who have a distaste for that kind of thing. Gotta admit, it is a pretty good way to keep the money rolling in without having to continually produce new games and trying not to let the series get stale.

Why can't we talk to animals like Fluttershy? That would make bathing cats so much easier!

One of our cats stabbed his claws into my neck, chin, and the side of my forehead. >.< He fights the most out of the four, and he yells really loudly (so loudly I could hear him from the other end of the house). If you don't get a solid grip on him, he'll buck like a bronco or sink his claws deep in your skin.

It's not for really young kids. I mean, one of the elemental factions is Undead, and in the first game your mentor gets blown up. I would say the humour is, but there are quite a few moments in the game that have had me laughing. (The main villain, Kaos, is literally an evil Billy from The Grim Adventures, same VA and everything). Plus, while I understand that people (rightfully) lothe the figurine system, I love it because I just really like the figures. Also, as for the Spyro redesign, I never really minded it. In fact I just love seeing people calling him a purple gremlin. Skylanders is kind of a guilty pleasure for me.
The last two games kinda had a dip in quality, but the new one really has jumpstarted my interest again; creating original characters using a special figure.
As the guy who's trying to make the entire cast of Fire Emblem Fates in Dynasty Warriors on top of the 100+ I've already made, I'm really freaking excited for it.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Jun 10, 12:58:21
It's not for really young kids. I mean, one of the elemental factions is Undead, and in the first game your mentor gets blown up. I would say the humour is, but there are quite a few moments in the game that have had me laughing. (The main villain, Kaos, is literally an evil Billy from The Grim Adventures, same VA and everything). Plus, while I understand that people (rightfully) lothe the figurine system, I love it because I just really like the figures. Also, as for the Spyro redesign, I never really minded it. In fact I just love seeing people calling him a purple gremlin. Skylanders is kind of a guilty pleasure for me.
The last two games kinda had a dip in quality, but the new one really has jumpstarted my interest again; creating original characters using a special figure.
As the guy who's trying to make the entire cast of Fire Emblem Fates in Dynasty Warriors on top of the 100+ I've already made, I'm really freaking excited for it.

Kids games can have the undead and have their mentor get blown up, as long as it's not gruesome. =P
So, basically, it's a kids game that's not super kiddish? Like, it can be enjoyed by an older audience?

It's like how Kingdom Hearts is suitable for kids but can be enjoyed by an older audience. Though, KH has its, uh... less-than-kiddie moments. o_O I'm not entirely sure if I'd be allowed to post gifs or screenshots of those moments here. It's kind of annoying that there are people who brush KH off as completely childish and only for 5-year-olds, just because it has Disney in it. Well, you know what? It has Final Fantasy in it, too. And plenty of Disney movies are enjoyable for older audiences, including Pirates of the Caribbean!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Jun 10, 15:02:54
Kids games can have the undead and have their mentor get blown up, as long as it's not gruesome. =P
So, basically, it's a kids game that's not super kiddish? Like, it can be enjoyed by an older audience?

It's like how Kingdom Hearts is suitable for kids but can be enjoyed by an older audience. Though, KH has its, uh... less-than-kiddie moments. o_O I'm not entirely sure if I'd be allowed to post gifs or screenshots of those moments here. It's kind of annoying that there are people who brush KH off as completely childish and only for 5-year-olds, just because it has Disney in it. Well, you know what? It has Final Fantasy in it, too. And plenty of Disney movies are enjoyable for older audiences, including Pirates of the Caribbean!

Well, it's humour varies. I mean, you have Flynn, who's honestly the best character in the series because he's a smug idiotic baloon pilot voiced by Patrick Warburton. The games DO have a few annoying characters, now that I think about it, though, and some moments are really facepalm worthy. I mean, someone gets kidnapped, and the only way to find him is to take his STINKY SOCK to a dragon so he can follow his scent. Now that I think about it, it is aimed at kids quite a bit, but eh, we're one of those families who likes stupid humor.
Spoiler: No-one open this if you don't want to hate me. • show
I mean, I like Teen Titans GO!. "hides in bunker"

And as for KH...I wonder what could be considered dark about that? "coughventusterraaquaroxasaxelxionmostofthefreakingheartlesscough"

Also about the "kids games that adults can enjoy"...I run into something sort of like the reverse of that which is a little bit concerning.
Cartoon Network is showing advertisements for Fire Emblem Fates at any time of the day, even before watershed.
Um...THAT GAME IS NOT FOR KIDS.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

So when did this whole 'salty' epidemic become a thing? People have been throwing around that word for a while now. It seems to have replaced the word butthurt in internet slang, except it's thrown around much more liberally, describing anyone who reacts even semi-negatively to anything at all.

In my day being called 'salty' meant you were a seasoned and respected sailor. You kids these hip lingo, I swear.

Also, can we please stop using the word 'toxic' to describe anything other than hazardous chemicals?

Rasy (Flanniest Flan)

2016 Jun 11, 06:33:38 #18244 Last Edit: 2016 Jun 11, 06:35:56 by cshadd
Politics that solve nothing except cause divisions in society. Lets not bring any up here.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Jun 10, 17:04:44
And as for KH...I wonder what could be considered dark about that? "coughventusterraaquaroxasaxelxionmostofthefreakingheartlesscough"

Don't know if you've seen any cutscenes from Re: Chain of Memories, but...
Spoiler: show
The cutscene where Axel dealt with Vexen, in front of the mansion.

That surprised me.

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Jun 11, 17:42:14
Don't know if you've seen any cutscenes from Re: Chain of Memories, but...
Spoiler: show
The cutscene where Axel dealt with Vexen, in front of the mansion.

That surprised me.

Nope, still stuck in that game.
On Ursula.

Midnight Breeze

I'm so livid after what I saw at the diner tonight. After work tonight I decided to stop at the 24 hour Denny's right up the road from my house for some fish and chips. I was going to order to go but then I decided "Nah, I'll just eat here." That was a mistake.

So it was 2AM and I was almost done eating when a party of 10 hicks walked in, from the moment they stepped in they had an air of rudeness about them, and when I saw at least one of them was open carrying I just KNEW they were about to start something. I was right.

It wasn't even 60 seconds before they were getting obnoxious and worked up about God knows what. Apparently they were upset that there were no large tables and the one waitress there didn't drop everything to push tables together for them. Less than 5 minutes later I heard the matriarch say loudly that the waitress had a bad attitude and that the staff just didn't want to deal with their group. When the waitress came over to speak with her she rudely said "We aren't eating with you tonight!" To which the waitress calmly responded, "Okay, have fun. :/" and walked off to check on me and the one other table in the restaurant. Knowing I was uncomfortable, she brought my check so I could get going.

The matriarch then made a scene and went off in a tangent to the manager about how unprofessional the waitress was and how poorly the staff treated them and the restaurant clearly didn't want their business. Nevermind that they walked in a 2AM with a party of 10 without calling ahead and expected the staff to instantly be at their beck and call. Then they stormed out.

The scene is a bit hard to describe in text but believe me when I say it was the rudest thing I've ever seen in my life. I actually felt adrenaline pumping in me it was upsetting me so much, but I wasn't about to get involved.

So then I left a 100% tip and got the heck out of there before they came back with a whole gang of bikers or something. These people were walking stereotypes of tough-guy rural Americans, right down to the mini-convoy of motorcycles and lifted trucks they stormed out in. I've read enough tabloid news articles to know those types don't quit when their intimidation tactics fail.

Groove Sick

I like to go fast Woosh-Woosh! But that moment when you're behind slow people and you can't get past them, sure is a pet peeve!
Where our music is welcome we will play it loud...

Where our music is challenged we will play it LOUDER!!!!

FeverishPegasus

I'm really bothered by the time it takes to do stuff, specifically when it comes to coding. I usually feel satisfied whenever I find a solution to a difficult problem, but it's really discouraging when you realize that all you did was get a button to work.
What is this 'happiness' others speak of

Chromastone64

Ah, EA. Making E3 a colossal waste of time as usual.
Well, unless you like SPORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Midnight Breeze

Stupid me didn't fully stop at a stop sign and got pulled over by the police. Just my luck, the last thing I need right now is a traffic ticket given my current MEP. Thankfully the officer just ran my license number quickly, saw that I have a clean driving record, and let me off with a warning. I'm glad he didn't ask for my registration and proof of insurance...since I don't have them in my car.  >.<

Well shoot, guess I'll have to tell my recruiter about it. I've been told to report any and all contact with law enforcement. I hope he says "it was just a warning, no big deal", I really don't want this slowing down my processing.

Little Star

Being patronized, talked down to, underappreciated. Wasting my time.

Midnight Breeze

So Todd Howard says the final Fallout 4 DLC will be the biggest DLC they've ever done. That the game will be "going out with a bang". In other word:

Really though, only 2 real DLCs for Fallout 4? I thought Bethesda said they'd be spending alot of time on the game and releasing lots of content. I don't care about horse armor like contraptions and other nonsense, I wanted actual expansions. This isn't Minecraft FFS, I want actual store-driven RPG gameplay, not sandbox gameplay. In my infinite naivety I thought they'd have learned their lesson from Skyrim and not leave a game blatantly incomplete again. I just keep underestimating Bethesda.

What I really wanted to see expanded upon was the storyline with the various factions that you can put in charge of the Commonwealth. So I became director of the Institute and...that's it. I never do anything with the title? I'd have loved to see some real choice involved with what you can do with the position. Hoard the technology underground and give the rest of the world the middle finger like what the previous director was doing, or reform the institute and use its technology for the good of mankind and help rebuild the world anew?

Yeah, I'm blatantly biased toward the Institute. I hope the Institute being destroyed doesn't become canon.

Stardust Dragon

I finally hear back from this other game I sent a ticket into way back in DECEMBER, 6 months or so, saying they checked in on my account and asked me for further details on my issue.  So, I might finally get some service on this quest, why is this in "Dumb things", you might ask?  Because I had to scour the internet, track down their company phone number, and leave a message with my ticket number in it just to be heard.  :l

I really don't want to do that, it feels like I'm threatening the staff by calling in, but if I'm to believe some of the posts on their forum the game is content to leave tickets sitting idly by for even longer than I was waiting, at least a year in some cases, and thus far the only way to ensure service is to call them directly.  I thought that the help desk tickets were supposed to make bug fixing, or at least open communication with those who need help, easier... :facehoof:

Midnight Breeze

There's something weird up with the hearing in my right ear. For some reason I'm having trouble hearing 6k frequency, yet I can hear 4k and 8k frequencies just fine. And it's only my right ear, the hearing in my left ear is perfect.

That's...odd. Usually with minor hearing loss your hearing tapers off the higher the frequency goes, yet I just have a weird spike right at 6k. I hear 4k 0dB and 8k at 5dB, but 6k at 25dB. I could write it off as a fluke if it had been just 1 test, but I've gotten consistent results from 3 tests over the past 3 years.

Freaky...

PlatinumJoystick

Two words. Eric Sparrow.
Hail to the Knights Of The Dawn.

LostSanity

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon just tried to kill me IRL.

After I was done playing it for the night and went to bed it felt like my heart was beating really hard in my chest. I thought it would go away but it kept me awake. I fell asleep eventually but woke up 2 hours later with it still occurring. Eventually I told my mother but by that point it wasn't as bad as it was last night. She wanted me to go to E.R. to be on the safe side.

So I did this morning.

Got discharged a little after 8 a.m.

It's just wonderful knowing that this game is trying to kill me IRL. Not that something like this is going to stop me from finishing it consider how freaking close I am to being done with it once and for all.

I'M FINISHING IT EVEN IF IT DOES LITERALLY KILL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>:O
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: LostSanity on 2016 Jun 18, 17:51:21
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon just tried to kill me IRL.

After I was done playing it for the night and went to bed it felt like my heart was beating really hard in my chest. I thought it would go away but it kept me awake. I fell asleep eventually but woke up 2 hours later with it still occurring. Eventually I told my mother but by that point it wasn't as bad as it was last night. She wanted me to go to E.R. to be on the safe side.

So I did this morning.

Got discharged a little after 8 a.m.

It's just wonderful knowing that this game is trying to kill me IRL. Not that something like this is going to stop me from finishing it consider how freaking close I am to being done with it once and for all.

I'M FINISHING IT EVEN IF IT DOES LITERALLY KILL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>:O

What the actual...

Correlation doesn't equal causation, sha. It's more likely you have an undiagnosed heart problem than that a video game caused it. I can't see a game being THAT stressful. I hope the docs ran some tests on you.

Chishio Kunrin

Technology is weird...

Our desktop computer is plugged in to the first slot of the router (for whatever reason), and whenever the desktop is shut down, the 1 light on the router turns off.
And when I restart my laptop for whatever reason, like, say, to do updates...
and boot my laptop back up...
I have to reboot the router just to get my laptop to connect. :/

My laptop can detect the router, and it says it's getting a good signal from it, but it will not connect until I reboot the router.

I don't understand it. We really need to just plug something else in to the 1 slot. Something that'll be on 24/7/365. Whatever's plugged into 2, probably.

Go Up