Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chromastone64

Maths exam today. Wish me luck.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Lync Volan

Getting to this site is becoming harder and harder, for some reason my computer thinks the LOE website doesn't exist anymore...

Midnight Breeze

Well my recruiter called me this afternoon and told me my waiver has been approved. So I've officially been accepted into the air force. I should be jumping for joy right now, but I'm kinda scared spitless about the SSBI.

If I want to go into cyber systems I'll need top secret clearance, which requires a thorough SSBI. During which they'll interview my entire dysfunctional family looking for contradictions between what I say and what they say. I'm particularly worried about my father and oldest sister. They're both alcoholics and I barely associate with either of them. If they say something stupid and the investigators buy it I could get dishonorably discharged so quick it'll make my head spin.

I'm so worried about it that I'm seriously debating going into structural instead, which doesn't require any security clearance. I'd be selling myself short, no doubt. However, I'm more concerned with just plain getting into the air force period. I don't mind physical labor, but as a futurist I know that in the not-so-distant future manual labor will be a thing of the past. I don't want the bots taking my job. Plus, as a transhumanist I'd like to take a more active role in technological advancement.

I just really hope this all works out. I've come way too far to get turned away now.

LostSanity

Hello Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon.

Apparently you're the new Persona 3 FES "The Answer"

Oh goodie.

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Sakura_Blossom

I waaaant a game but I has no money   D:

LostSanity

This should have been used instead for Super Mystery Dungeon since it's clear that they were legimately trying to create a new "The Answer."

Spoiler: show

:l

Midnight Breeze

People saying Overwatch ought to be free to play are so clueless, from both an economic and a sociological standpoint it makes no sense if we're thinking about the longterm quality of the game.

Pay to play acts as a disincentive for cheating. If a game is F2P then people have no reason not to hack and cheat for the hell of it. Who cares if you get banned? You can just create another free account and jump right back in. Cheating exploded in TF2 after it went F2P. People actually create throwaway accounts just for the sake of cheating when they're bored because they think it's funny, ruining the game for the 15+ other people on the server. If a game has a $60 pay gate then people are less inclined to cheat because they know they'll have to buy the game again if they get banned. No point playing $60 for the game + $20 for a hack just to get permabanned after 20 minutes of 'playing'.

Disregarding all economic arguments entirely, this alone amounts to a better game experience.

Besides, how cheapskate do you have to be to not realize what a good deal $60 dollars is for hundreds upon hundreds upon HUNDREDS of hours of entertainment? It's just a one-time fee and then the game and all future content are yours forever. Compare that to a micro-transaction model.

Chishio Kunrin

My appetite has been even smaller than usual lately, and I don't know why. :s I'll get a meal, only eat some of it, and then I'm full and can't possibly eat another bite. Man...

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Peace Keeper

Curse you finals studies! >:O

I never got a chance to try out overwatch. :c
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Midnight Breeze

I just looked into some of the lore in WoW: Legion and I'm totally livid - they killed off Varian Wrynn! Right when he reaches the pinnacle of his character development they kill him. Because God forbid the Alliance have a leader we can be proud of! How about killing off Green Jesus, huh? Even horde players are getting sick of that Mary Sue!

What's worse, rumor has it that Genn Trumpmane is going to become regent since Anduin has no leadership experience. Oh God, no! That idiot did a fine job leading Gilneas 20 odd years ago by giving the Alliance a massive middle finger and walling his people off from the rest of the world - and look where it got Gilneas.

Blizzard, I am disappointed.

Excuse the lore-nerd rant.

Chromastone64

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 May 19, 03:01:04
I just looked into some of the lore in WoW: Legion and I'm totally livid - they killed off Varian Wrynn! Right when he reaches the pinnacle of his character development they kill him. Because God forbid the Alliance have a leader we can be proud of! How about killing off Green Jesus, huh? Even horde players are getting sick of that Mary Sue!

What's worse, rumor has it that Genn Trumpmane is going to become regent since Anduin has no leadership experience. Oh God, no! That idiot did a fine job leading Gilneas 20 odd years ago by giving the Alliance a massive middle finger and walling his people off from the rest of the world - and look where it got Gilneas.

Blizzard, I am disappointed.

Excuse the lore-nerd rant.

No offence, but I've been waiting to see how you'd react to that, being the only person I know who likes Varian.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 May 19, 04:18:02
No offence, but I've been waiting to see how you'd react to that, being the only person I know who likes Varian.

Well, I liked him for the reason most people disliked him - I liked the fact that when he was introduced in WotLK he came out swinging and refused to turn the other cheek at the Horde's BS. Some may call him a warmonger, but he was just acknowledging the war that was already there but the rest of the Alliance didn't want to see. It's not like he was just lashing out for no reason, he had a whole laundry list of reasons for hating the Horde.

Seriously, it was about time an Alliance leader stood up and acted like they had a pair, Varian filled that role nicely. I might like Greymane if he takes the fight to the Forsaken instead of just putting up another wall.

Chromastone64

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 May 19, 06:05:33
Well, I liked him for the reason most people disliked him - I liked the fact that when he was introduced in WotLK he came out swinging and refused to turn the other cheek at the Horde's BS. Some may call him a warmonger, but he was just acknowledging the war that was already there but the rest of the Alliance didn't want to see. It's not like he was just lashing out for no reason, he had a whole laundry list of reasons for hating the Horde.

Seriously, it was about time an Alliance leader stood up and acted like they had a pair, Varian filled that role nicely. I might like Greymane if he takes the fight to the Forsaken instead of just putting up another wall.

Varian was one of my least favourites, but that was because I always thought he was a moody jerk. I hardly know that much about his lore, and anything I did know was from my brother AKA a living WoW encyclopedia. So while I don't like him, I'll fully admit that I really should learn more first.
(Seriously, the first time I ever saw him was the trailer for the update with Yog'saron. Didn't exactly give me the best first impression. Also the cutscene when you capture Garrosh (I think?) where he acts all high and mighty ticked me off a little too)

Midnight Breeze

For that I'd suggest the classic article Varian Wrynn is Right.

When you see everything the Horde put Varian through over his life it's hard to call his attitude toward them unjustified. Id go so far as to say he has shown incredible restraint and given the Horde chance after chance after chance to do good, which they squander every time.

Chromastone64

My bro said something about that. But I think it's the Garrosh cutscene that really does it for me, mainly because (and this I what I mean by I don't know much of the lore) I never really saw him do anything aside from ordering the Alliance to go to Pandaria. Then when you get Garrosh, he just waltzes into the spotlight, acting like the Horde did nothing to stop Garrosh. I honestly just thought "What did you do on Pandaria?!"
Yes, I know this is a very flawed outlook. But hey, I was so ignorant to the lore, I used to think SYLVANAS was a good person. Yeah.
Also, you'll be happy to know that Green Jesus is getting nerfed. My bro says he's losing his powers.

LostSanity

Okay that's it.

If Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon wants to be the new "The Answer"

I WILL TREAT IT LIKE "THE ANSWER." IT DOESN'T KNOW WHO IT'S DEALING WITH.

>:O

Midnight Breeze

That Red Pill crowd. Need I say more?

I sometimes call myself a 'red-pill thinker' invoking the original meaning of the term, which means accepting a hard truth over a comforting myth or lie. Unfortunately they term has been hijacked by a bunch of angry, sexist young men who've been dumped for the first time and are now mad at all women.

Look, I get it. It's totally normal for teenagers to become jaded against the opposite gender after experiencing their first heartbreak, but the difference is normal people grow up, get over it, and realize that it's unfair to paint half of humanity based on your experiences with 1 or 2 individuals. The Red Pill guys aren't teenagers, they're young adults who never got over their first bad experience with a woman, and are now angry at all women as a result.

Grow up, guys. And stop hijacking innocuous philosophical terms for your sexist echo chamber.

Rush of MLP

[Spoiler=Rant]When someone wants to argue with me, being a cashier, about how they think a price is "wrong". I only tell them what the computer tells me, and when it tells me "this is the price of these items together after applying tax and the discount(if applicable) to the subtotal" I like to think that it is correct, and I also like to think that I have been a cashier at my workplace for long enough that I am able to spot a discrepancy in the price and correct the ticket to fix it.

I don't mind explaining the price when people are confused and tell me "I don't understand how that is my total," but when people just blatantly call me a liar and won't listen when I'm trying to explain to them the separate prices of all of the items they are purchasing, that gets on my nerves big time.

I am aware the customer us always right, but when there wrong about something like that they just need to listen to reason and not argue when the cashier is only trying to help. And I know, customer service is a contradiction.

[End Rant][/spoiler]

Midnight Breeze

Alright, after all time times I've driven across northeast Texas I've just gotta say it: Texan police are not doing their job in keeping our highways safe. An alarmingly high number of drivers on I-20 completely disregard traffic laws and just drive however they want without consequence. I see it all time time, people speeding 10+ MPH over the limit, people swerving between lanes without signaling, people tailgating and overtaking like they own the highway, and the police do nothing about it. Driving on I-20 is more about survival than transportation.

I've NEVER once seen anybody stopped by the police on I-20 as much as I've traveled on it. Yet I just came in from Shreveport and I saw a total of 3 accidents. It's completely ridiculous. Traffic laws mean absolutely nothing if the police don't enforce them. I seriously don't feel safe driving on that highway. You see that kind of behavior in Louisiana much more rarely, because Louisiana police don't put up with it. If you drive down I-49 you can note police speed traps and patrols at regular intervals, and I see people getting pulled over all the time.

Texas police, kindly get your act together. I should not feel like I just walked off the battlefield every time I commute to and from Shreveport.

Loyal Defender

I hate th number verification thing in posts.

Go Up