Legends of Equestria Changelog 22nd September 2017

Started by Ellowee, 2017 Sep 22, 07:16:54

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

2017 Sep 22, 07:16:54 Last Edit: 2017 Sep 23, 03:40:44 by Galapagois
    • Fixed bounds issues in Evershade and Bramble Woods
    • Fixed some collision issues
    • Herd information should now display in the Journal (n.b. Herd system still not fully available)
    • Fixed some pet movement issues
    • Fixed trading of non-sellable items
    • Fixed issues with Foal Tutorial Quests
    • Fixed issues with quests:
      • Great Book Trade
      • Foal Delivery Express
      • Mindless Violins
      • It Belongs in a Museum
      • Supplying the Hospital
      • Please Mr, Postpony
      • Dishonorably Discharged
      • Safely Home
      • Script Error
      • Can You Hear Me Now?
      • A Four Star Restaurant
      • Animal Care TM (One Pet in the Hoof)

• Added NPC Temporary Escape to end of Bramble Woods
    • Added mobs throughout Bramble Woods
    • Added more mobs in Heartlands and Evershade
    • Added LAR-player exclusive Party Hats (colorizable) (not tradeable)
    • Added new mane and tail icons in character selection room
    • Added some apple trees to the Heartlands
    • Herd information should now display in the Journal
    • Added opening introduction on player login
    • Added new quest Birthday Wishes
    • Updated Talent Marks: red cherries, purple grapes, and red apple
    • Added Talent Marks: ladle, sprout, 5 grape variants, 8 apple variants, and yellow cherries

• Adjustments to AoE attacks
    • Adjustments to some spell and mob attack damages
    • Adjustments to experience amounts awarded for leveling
    • Adjustments to some quest rewards
    • Adjusted name filtering system
    • Adjusted lab coat item to be colourable

• The hotbar now fully saves/loads its state
    • Emote section of the book now has all the emotes. Emotes can be dragged onto the hotbar
    • Slots can be dragged off of the hotbar to remove them
    • Skills can be dragged from the book onto the hotbar
    • Items can be dragged from the inventory onto the hotbar

Known issues:
    • New skills are not added to the hotbar. You have to manually add them to the hotbar from the book yourself.
    • st]
    • Basic starting abilities (Ground Pound, Bubble Barrage, Teleport) are not currently listed in the journal, so removing them from the hotbar makes them unusable. Deleting the hotbar.json file from your LoE appdata folder will reset the hotbar to default.
    • st]

Zodia195

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I am a Mac User.  Will downloading this update mean I have to start all over?  I really hope not.

Codex Writer

So, how will we know when this update is implemented?

I had started up the game as normal and didn't notice much of the changes. Is there something we'd need to download in order to have the update or what?

Roket107

The downloads page says that the normal windows downloader is for the old version, the only ones running the new update are the direct download links. they look significantly larger in file size, and im not sure which one to get.
I'm here to pony and kick butt, and I'm all out of butt to kick.

ViktorT

Good day! Because the Internet is unstable and traffic restrictions, the actual question is: is There a way to get the updated files separately? And what is their size? To not download the game again.

Night Striker

Love it so far, glad to see the herd mechanic is being slowly implemented and that quests are getting fixed ^-^

While I may not be part of LoE staff, I always try to help others who might have problems in LoE the best I can because I want others to share my enjoyment of the game. ^-^

Want to be in a herd? PM to get more details to join the NLR!

NotoriousSMALL

Quote from: ViktorT on 2017 Sep 24, 01:46:20Good day! Because the Internet is unstable and traffic restrictions, the actual question is: is There a way to get the updated files separately? And what is their size? To not download the game again.
Use the launcher.

Aphermion

Quote from: Zodia195Will downloading this update mean I have to start all over?  I really hope not.

No, you don't have to start all over, don't worry.

Quote from: Codex WriterIs there something we'd need to download in order to have the update or what?

To update the game, you have to start the LoE Launcher. When updates are available, the button usually labelled Launch, will say "Update" instead.
Alternatively you can manually re download the game from the download section to update.

Quote from: Roket107The downloads page says that the normal windows downloader is for the old version, the only ones running the new update are the direct download links. they look significantly larger in file size, and im not sure which one to get.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "normal windows downloader". I'm guessing you mean the Launcher?
The launcher is only an application to download and update the game for you, this is why it is smaller and older.

If you already use the launcher, there is no need to re download it.

Optera

Since this update i keep getting stuck in the area view.  >:/

Edit:
Seems the 64bit windows client is more prone to that than the 32bit version.

mr100dragon100

Quote from: Aphermion on 2017 Sep 25, 11:27:06No, you don't have to start all over, don't worry.

To update the game, you have to start the LoE Launcher. When updates are available, the button usually labelled Launch, will say "Update" instead.
Alternatively you can manually re download the game from the download section to update.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "normal windows downloader". I'm guessing you mean the Launcher?
The launcher is only an application to download and update the game for you, this is why it is smaller and older.

If you already use the launcher, there is no need to re download it.

i have the windows launcher and how many times would it say update its just because it eather takes forever or it keeps going and starts over and over never saying the word launch i try the direct but it looks the same manly that the "can you hear me now" quest still does not work i don't get it

Aphermion

2017 Sep 26, 19:14:59 #10 Last Edit: 2017 Sep 26, 19:51:31 by Aphermion
@mr100dragon100

I think some of the quests will only work properly now, if you haven't started them yet.

So you could try to make a new character (if you haven't already tried, that is) and start the quest again.
If it still won't work, I'm out of ideas. In this case you should probably file a bug report on phabricator.

just Kevin

Before the update, I had 4 or 5 quest that were broken. Now I only have one :-D

"Can you hear me now" got fixed for me.

ViktorT

2017 Sep 27, 02:47:02 #12 Last Edit: 2017 Sep 27, 02:48:37 by ViktorT
Quote from: NotoriousSMALL on 2017 Sep 24, 15:57:02Use the launcher.

1. Unfortunately, launcher downloads for some reason 64-bit version of LoE (I have 32-bit version). On the website in the description for the launcher it is not specified for which version of the game it is intended.
2. Given the number of downloadable files (about 160 files), it's like downloading the whole game again. Does the update affect all files?

Beastly Budd

This is great to hear. If any of the developers see this at the bottom of the page of replies, good work! You're doing fantastic!
Hey, it is ya boi, Beastly Budd... HAHAH NOBODY KNOWS ME.

NotoriousSMALL

Quote from: ViktorT on 2017 Sep 27, 02:47:021. Unfortunately, launcher downloads for some reason 64-bit version of LoE (I have 32-bit version). On the website in the description for the launcher it is not specified for which version of the game it is intended.
2. Given the number of downloadable files (about 160 files), it's like downloading the whole game again. Does the update affect all files?
iirc it was like 30-50 files being updated

DarkSpectre

Quote from: Ellowee on 2017 Sep 22, 07:16:54Known issues:
  • New skills are not added to the hotbar. You have to manually add them to the hotbar from the book yourself.

In all honesty, i'm finding that this hasn't really been an "issue" for me. I like my hotbar a certain way, so this means one skill to be dragged instead of all of them.  X3

Free Hugs!

Thunder Spin

2017 Sep 29, 00:18:25 #16 Last Edit: 2017 Sep 29, 00:22:25 by Thundergirl
Wait, do we have to update the launcher or re-download the game and its files? If it's only the launcher, Mindless Violins is still broken. I get the socks and bits since it said "everything gained level 14" and I was NOT level 14. Did I do something wrong? Do I have to complete the Cursed Statue quest too?

NotoriousSMALL

Quote from: DarkSpectre on 2017 Sep 28, 13:20:29In all honesty, i'm finding that this hasn't really been an "issue" for me. I like my hotbar a certain way, so this means one skill to be dragged instead of all of them.  X3
This. I have a lot of skills untrained because I know I won't use them that often and it isn't worth having to rearrange my hotbar just to get it back to the way it was. It's especially a pain when I'm trying to move a spell between hotbars and it won't scroll despite me hovering over the edge of the bar.

Aphermion

Mindless Violins
Quote from: Thundergirl on 2017 Sep 29, 00:18:25Do I have to complete the Cursed Statue quest too?

Yes, Mindless Violins only gives you the socks now, so it woks as intended. For the Cat Egg you need to complete the Quest from Pyrite.

pfiutek1

so i should manually download zip file or can i play on old one?

Go Up