Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2017 May 10, 03:04:37
This anti-GMO fear mongering propaganda is getting way out of hand. Everyone and their mother is slapping non-GMO labels on anything they can get away with. I've actually seen such outlandish nonsense as SALT being labeled non-GMO. I've gotta admit, GM salt would be the one GMO I'd genuinely be afraid of...seeing as salt is an inorganic compound that doesn't even have DNA that can be modified.

Trash like that should be regulated as deceptive advertising, but at least it helps informed people like me know which anti-science companies I shouldn't support.

Non-GMO = Non-sale. Take your pseudoscience some place else.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to enjoy my delicious dinner of AquAdvantage salmon with a side of Golden Rice and Roundup Ready corn, an Arctic Apple for dessert, and a nice tall glass of GM rainbow papaya juice.
Yeah, people just love to make up new things to be scared of.
People don't realize if something has GMOs it just means it was genetically modified in a way.
I can guarantee 90% of people on this form have never seen a GMO free banana, as a non-GMO banana would have seeds.
When you see the genetic modifying process it usually is just "...Oh..." because it's sometimes simple as having two plants next to each other, other times it's more drastic too like grafting stems together, but other times it's not.

TL;DR Like everything, sloppily made GMOs are bad, but there's such thing as decent ones, infact they're very common. lol
I could rant on about how people over react about Gluten and how many urban legends there are about that, but I won't. lol

Midnight Breeze

Getting kicked out of the mall for running up the down escalator...doh.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2017 May 13, 23:34:32
Getting kicked out of the mall for running up the down escalator...doh.
I've been almost kicked out a lot of times for having wheels inside my shoes.
They hate those.

LunarDusk

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2017 May 13, 23:53:15
I've been almost kicked out a lot of times for having wheels inside my shoes.
They hate those.

I understand that feeling...and I still wear heelys and that gets annoying  :l
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Irroro

Writer's block. 'nuff said.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

VynalDerp

One of the things that annoys me the most is when a civil discussion about something is interrupted by memes. Like, you're talking with someone about a new game or something that came out, and someone just butts in unwarranted and spams skeleton war crap or dat boi for the next five minutes.
"A pint of sweat saves a gallon of blood."

Midnight Breeze

Ooooh, I am so triggered right now. I ran into an old BMT buddy today and he took me back to his palace...err, I mean dorm. His dorm is soooooo much nicer than mine it's sad. It literally looks like something straight off of HGTV - crown molding, recessed lighting, over-the-range microwave, full private bathroom, personal wash/dryer, the freakin' works!

Meanwhile I'm in the 1970s 1-room studios with a shared bathroom/kitchenette, and 2 freaking washers shared by the entire floor.

Those spoiled nonners, man, I swear. Well...We'll see who gets the last laugh when I get my own house in 9 months and he's stuck living with 3 roommates for 3 years, muahaha.

LunarDusk

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2017 May 17, 20:57:10
Ooooh, I am so triggered right now. I ran into an old BMT buddy today and he took me back to his palace...err, I mean dorm. His dorm is soooooo much nicer than mine it's sad. It literally looks like something straight off of HGTV - crown molding, recessed lighting, over-the-range microwave, full private bathroom, personal wash/dryer, the freakin' works!

Meanwhile I'm in the 1970s 1-room studios with a shared bathroom/kitchenette, and 2 freaking washers shared by the entire floor.

Those spoiled nonners, man, I swear. Well...We'll see who gets the last laugh when I get my own house in 9 months and he's stuck living with 3 roommates for 3 years, muahaha.

Huehue....envy....so much envy... :]

Leviathon shall watch over you as that jealousy consumes you  ovO
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Peace Keeper

2017 May 21, 05:36:13 #18688 Last Edit: 2017 May 21, 05:51:41 by Peace Keeper
Welp got 2 things on my head, once facehoof and one double facehoof.
Spoiler: Double facehoof • show

Got my battery changed on my 3DS after annoying short battery life. Turned out that thing was turning into a Galaxy Note 7 cause it was ballooning and could explode in me at any moment. Dodged a ball there but now cookies were altered on my 3DS browser and it is now more jank, so bad I can't even soon in to LoE, and I erase cookies, sign in but says wrong password cause at page expired. Sign in again and cookie problem. I'm in a catch 22 here. Erase cookies, web page expires and can't sign in properly, but refresh it has cookie problems cause it saves page in a cookie. WHATZUPWIDAT!?  >:O

Spoiler: Headache • show

A me patch for Mario Kart 8 was out and did some chambers, most notable is the Inkling Girl animation when passing another racer. The original was said to be offensive and I can see why. What got to me where seeing the comments on Youtube and other sites. Some are unsure whyit is offensive, and then there are those who say " why do peeps get offended so easily?" Apparently these guys talk trash all the time to realize how much it hurts others. But gets me thinking and confirming that every culture is different and they are blind to see it... However they claim culture is a waste of belief. Um... To be fair x3 even if cultire is removed, its biological nature to taunt and animala do it to intimidate or enrage others to fall prey to confusion or start a battle. Eventually if we were all natural any gesture would be a hazing taunt anyways.

So all of that, imagine your kid doing it? For sure they are too innocent to know, but be sad when they learn the cursed side of it, or offend someone and get blamed.

Adult games? WHO CARES what they put in there? Grown ups already know better about dev's creative thinking and should take it in as is... To some extent x3

But for kids, always be aware for what is right for the kids as they will take in anything and emulate it. Looking at YOU Rare with DK64 Rap  >:/

Well those are my 2 annoying things I wanted to share, OH and... Well... My lack of motivation from my side of life, but soon I should be back once again. Sucks to lose all momentum of fun things and quite annoying, isn't it?
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Midnight Breeze

I'm finally getting a chance to play Final Fantasy 15. Literally the first thing I did was sold my engine blade, now 20 hours in and I realize that the engine blade was kinda important for progression, right up to being needed to make the best sword in the game. What's more it can't be replaced so the only way to get it back is to start the game over.

Fuuuuuuuuuu....

Sweet Brew

This is the second time in 4 days I've had fast enough internet to get on this site....
Our ISP is seriously derping up now, we have to call them monthly already to sort out extra bills, no internet or whatever... but now they've taken it to a whole new level of "Bad serves".

I'd go into more detail but I already did on DeviantART and don't want to write another rant. lol
Long story short, basically no internet or 0.04MPS with 1,000 latency for 4 days straight cross country with this ISP.

I'm surprised I'm connected enough to write this! lol

Stardust Dragon

Took a short little job right after school got out, putting on a production of Pirates of Penzance, my first Gilbert and Sullivan and what got me hooked on their writing.  Unfortunately, I was given three hats to wear at the start of the production...all of which I expected.  But tonight we add the orchestra, and suddenly I have 5 hats, a couple of which demand my attention at once, especially in a tech-based rehearsal. Just because I know how to do all of this doesn't mean I can do it simultaneously! And I haven't even had time to go sort out how I get paid for all this yet...  :l

Midnight Breeze

I swore I wasn't going to be like a typical fiscally irresponsible A1C, but you could say that having such an enormous income surplus has made me a liiiiiiittle looser with my money. And by that I mean I'm sitting on $8000 in credit card debt. I'm not in any trouble or anything, since I'm having no problem making payments, but still. It's embarrassing that I let myself get so deep on frivolous spending, especially after I've been smack-talking financially undisciplined people for years.

I remember 5 years ago when I was broke as a joke and pinched pennies like a madman. I remember one time when I had a mini-panic attack after I realized that I owed $15 for a meal, and I couldn't believe I had allowed myself to go out and spend such an exorbitant amount of money. Now I don't fret over even the most egregious purchases. In tech school I dropped 2 grand on a laptop that I don't even use anymore. I bought it for 2 reasons : Because I wanted it, and because I could.

That was exactly the hellish path my father lived on his entire life. He was a rich oil rig supervisor who made a $90k+ salary (in 2017 dollars) for 40 years, but he spent money like it was water and never saved a dime. Long story short, he's now dirt poor and lives with his mom at the age of 64. I've always been way better with money than him and managed my finances incredibly well, I'll be darned if I'm gonna let that change now.

Well, at least I don't drive a A1C Mobile Ford Mustang GT like everyone else my rank. Indeed, the only reason I can afford to spend like I have been is cause I'm not paying $1000+ a month for car payment + insurance.

Sakura_Blossom

Time for a complaint dump.

Complaint #1
Spoiler: show
I keep seeing ads for those generic, so-called "strategy" mobile games. Now ads don't bother me as much as some people, but what is really grinding my gears is how the ads use a ton of stolen assets/footage. Let me list some I have seen in the past few days:
[spoiler]

• An ad with pictures of actual Pokemon

• Ad with screenshots from Skyrim

• Video ad that showed a bunch of dragons, one being Rathian from Monster Hunter

• One that flat out showed footage from Monster Hunter

• AAAAAAAnd the usual low-resolution recolored Pokemon clip art.

I would list maybe 20 more but i'm lazy so...

[/spoiler]

Complaint #2

I think my computer is getting old. Any games that use 3D models cause my frame-rate to gradually drop over time to about 2-4 FPS. I tried updating my drivers multiple times, virus scans, restarting my computer, putting game settings at the lowest possible, and nothing would work. Sprite-based games work fine, but I pretty much can't play any of my games. And I don't think my parents would get me a new computer.

Sweet Brew

I drank a Pepsi and felt like I had the flu for the next 3 hours, this has happened multiple times with specific types of soda.
I wonder why that happens...?

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2017 Jul 02, 20:44:15
I drank a Pepsi and felt like I had the flu for the next 3 hours, this has happened multiple times with specific types of soda.
I wonder why that happens...?

There is exactly a 0.0% probability that Pepsi is causing flu symptoms, you're just seeing a correlation where there is none. Since you don't know what exactly is causing those symptoms you are looking for any explanation you can find to explain it. If you drink Pepsi rarely and it happens to loosely correlate with experiencing flu symptoms, you begin to falsely associate the two. However, you are starting with the conclusion that "Pepsi is causing this", and starting with a conclusion makes it easy to see 'evidence' for it in hindsight, however it leave you vulnerable to conformation bias and selective memory.

I don't mean any of that as an insult to your intelligence, this kind of reasoning is deeply rooted in human psychology. We think like that because it's served our just fine for collective survival. Evolution just brings you to 'good enough', it doesn't guarantee optimal performance. This flawed way of thinking is why ineffective folk-medicine and unsupported superstitions reigned supreme in human society for centuries.

Yeah, I've been watching way too much Bill Nye, Michio Kaku, and Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2017 Jul 03, 04:29:47
There is exactly a 0.0% probability that Pepsi is causing flu symptoms, you're just seeing a correlation where there is none. Since you don't know what exactly is causing those symptoms you are looking for any explanation you can find to explain it. If you drink Pepsi rarely and it happens to loosely correlate with experiencing flu symptoms, you begin to falsely associate the two. However, you are starting with the conclusion that "Pepsi is causing this", and starting with a conclusion makes it easy to see 'evidence' for it in hindsight, however it leave you vulnerable to conformation bias and selective memory.

I don't mean any of that as an insult to your intelligence, this kind of reasoning is deeply rooted in human psychology. We think like that because it's served our just fine for collective survival. Evolution just brings you to 'good enough', it doesn't guarantee optimal performance. This flawed way of thinking is why ineffective folk-medicine and unsupported superstitions reigned supreme in human society for centuries.

Yeah, I've been watching way too much Bill Nye, Michio Kaku, and Neil deGrasse Tyson.
First off, I'm not insulted, it's just info. lol

But when I guess a better way of wording it is I feel about as awful as if I had the flu, I didn't have flu symptoms.
I felt like I was about to puke, my head was pounding, the room was spinning and my mouth felt very dry is all, they were just all at levels of something I'd expect from a flu.

The reason I said it was Pepsi is because I've tested now 3 times in a row it's happened all at around the same potency and sameish time from soda to feeling bad.

My body seems to hate most types of foods and they make me feel bad in some way or another, so I'm not accusing Pepsi of being terrible, more just saying I'm fragile. lol

And again, I'm not insulted, I enjoy being polity corrected or informed.

Sakura_Blossom

I have been having problems with my laptop for a while now. I have a list of problems I have:

• The battery does not charge past 1%
  • ANYTHING that uses 3D models seems to have the max frame-rate of about 5. And that's just on a good day.
  • It refuses to recognize my Phone's USB charger.
  • The computer is always hot. Even with an external fan.
  • My workstation is next to the trash can, facing a clear door, facing west  DD:
  • Having ore than 3 programs open makes the Explorer freak out.

You know, my dad got me the laptop secondhand, and I think they might have modified the laptop itself. I have ran multiple virus scans and it never really finds anything. Yeah, the low price tag might have been there for a reason.

TL;DR I hate my laptop.

Howitzer

Technology:

1 step forward, 2 steps back
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Snickers

Go Up