Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Little Star

Quote from: Ahri on 2014 Oct 06, 12:09:49
Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Oct 06, 07:57:27
I'm just.. So paranoid it makes it really hard to be friends with people IRL..

When I'm with people hanging out I'm always asking myself doubting questions and falling behind.

Sometimes I'll accidentally look really depressed and someone will ask me if I'm alright and of course I have to answer "Oh. yeah. I'm fine."

I don't know if I have anxiety or just paranoia. It's.. Terrifying.

Doubting questions?
Falling behind?

What exactly do those even mean...?

And learn how "put on a fake smile"

All the time. Fake smiles... Sometimes even fake laughs..

Doubting myself like... "They don't even want me to be here. They hate me. They do. No one likes me." That little voice in your head that keeps telling you those things.

When I think about them I fall behind, and I realise how slow I was walking.
Quote from: Nuserame on 2014 Oct 06, 11:57:22
Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Oct 06, 07:57:27
I'm just.. So paranoid it makes it really hard to be friends with people IRL..

When I'm with people hanging out I'm always asking myself doubting questions and falling behind.

Sometimes I'll accidentally look really depressed and someone will ask me if I'm alright and of course I have to answer "Oh. yeah. I'm fine."

I don't know if I have anxiety or just paranoia. It's.. Terrifying.

Once had a paranoid roommate. Its pretty scary stuff even when hes on medication. Nothing like what 'people' generally describe as paranoia. He suspected me of: Making bombs (fixing my bicycle), assassinating him (getting a beer at night), hacking the government (building a PC), making bombs again (ordered a parcel), etc etc... and thats just what he thought about someone he trusted enough to live with.

But im no shrink. Really, go see a proper psychologist. They can be a lot of help and even when it turns out you didn't really need one you at least know theres nothing wrong.

When I was younger I actually went to a few psychologists. It was reaaaalllllyyy bad. I was on meds for a few years for a few other things I really don't want to talk about.

But thanks you guys for really understanding/ helping me out.

Ahri

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Oct 07, 04:54:04
Quote from: Ahri on 2014 Oct 07, 01:17:04
Uhhhhhh....because being healthy is excruciatingly important? And and being overweight can cause plenty of life-threatening illnesses...and you really don't need a health class, it isn't rocket science to figure out how to be healthy:

1.don't eat fast food or other unhealthy stuff
2.exercise regularly
3.don't do drugs

I don't eat that healthy and I'm still skinny as heck, however I don't eat fast food anymore because it's absolutely grotesque. And I sure as heck don't exercise and I've never done drugs before.

Got lucky I guess.... 0:)

I'm not saying people shouldn't criticize someone about not eating healthy and not exercising.
I said they shouldn't say "It's your fault" to someone for having a chronic illness that is absolutely not caused by unhealthy eating habits or lack of exercise. People shouldn't just assume that every single illness that exists is solely caused by unhealthy eating and lack of exercise. There are illnesses that people who have completely healthy diets and exercise habits can get!
That was my point.

The example I provided was a young woman who has been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia that was not caused by an unhealthy life style, and she had been ill with meningitis last year. Meningitis is an infection that can be caused by viruses, bacteria, or other microorganisms, most certainly not poor diet or lack of exercise.
And yet some people have blamed her for having chronic illness, saying "Maybe if you would eat healthy and exercise, you wouldn't be so sick!"
She does eat healthy, and she regularly exercises. :l

I think you should have read my post more carefully.

As for people having a tendency to be ignorant about health...
Like I said in my post, there are people who don't know that there's more than one type of diabetes, and having a horribly unhealthy diet is not the only way you can end up with diabetes. There are people who will criticize and bash other people for having diabetes without first stopping to find out whether or not it's actually that person's fault.
Hey, there are apparently some few people out there who, for some odd reason, think they can "catch" diabetes. o.O

There are also people who horribly underestimate allergies and somehow don't know that some allergies, like peanut allergy, can result in death if not treated immediately.

One of the biggest offenders? People who don't understand how vaccines work and think that things like vaccines, vitamin shots, and booster shots are poison. These people refuse to let doctors administer these shots to their children, which leaves their child's health at serious risk, all because of their ignorance. Not stupidity, ignorance.

There are still people who think simply becoming cold, as in temperature, will give you a cold, as in the illness.
*Sigh* The common cold is caused by a virus, not from you becoming too cold.
And no, antibiotics are not a proper treatment for a cold. You know why? Because antibiotics treat bacterial infections, not viral ones. They don't do a thing against viruses. But there are people who want to give their children antibiotics for every little viral infection they get.

And for goodness sake, people should realize that doctors tell them things for a reason. If your doctor tells you that you should not eat or drink anything after midnight before your surgery, do not eat or drink anything after midnight! Do you think they told you that just to be cruel? No! Don't eat or drink anything before your dang surgery! :I But there are some people who ignore their doctor when told that. Those people are lucky that it's not very professional for a doctor to greet you with "I told you so! >:/"

TL;DR: Basically, I meant the kind of ignorance about health that leads people to do stupid things, bash people when it's not their fault they're sick, and have stupid misconceptions.

No, I did read that. My reply was to the part why you said everyone was so ignorant?

And I was just pointing out it does cause diseases. And that some people are very serious about it. And should be.
please don't attempt to message me, I don't want to be anyone's friend on here.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Ahri on 2014 Oct 07, 10:01:20
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Oct 07, 04:54:04
Quote from: Ahri on 2014 Oct 07, 01:17:04
Uhhhhhh....because being healthy is excruciatingly important? And and being overweight can cause plenty of life-threatening illnesses...and you really don't need a health class, it isn't rocket science to figure out how to be healthy:

1.don't eat fast food or other unhealthy stuff
2.exercise regularly
3.don't do drugs

I don't eat that healthy and I'm still skinny as heck, however I don't eat fast food anymore because it's absolutely grotesque. And I sure as heck don't exercise and I've never done drugs before.

Got lucky I guess.... 0:)

Spoiler: show
I'm not saying people shouldn't criticize someone about not eating healthy and not exercising.
I said they shouldn't say "It's your fault" to someone for having a chronic illness that is absolutely not caused by unhealthy eating habits or lack of exercise. People shouldn't just assume that every single illness that exists is solely caused by unhealthy eating and lack of exercise. There are illnesses that people who have completely healthy diets and exercise habits can get!
That was my point.

The example I provided was a young woman who has been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia that was not caused by an unhealthy life style, and she had been ill with meningitis last year. Meningitis is an infection that can be caused by viruses, bacteria, or other microorganisms, most certainly not poor diet or lack of exercise.
And yet some people have blamed her for having chronic illness, saying "Maybe if you would eat healthy and exercise, you wouldn't be so sick!"
She does eat healthy, and she regularly exercises. :l

I think you should have read my post more carefully.

As for people having a tendency to be ignorant about health...
Like I said in my post, there are people who don't know that there's more than one type of diabetes, and having a horribly unhealthy diet is not the only way you can end up with diabetes. There are people who will criticize and bash other people for having diabetes without first stopping to find out whether or not it's actually that person's fault.
Hey, there are apparently some few people out there who, for some odd reason, think they can "catch" diabetes. o.O

There are also people who horribly underestimate allergies and somehow don't know that some allergies, like peanut allergy, can result in death if not treated immediately.

One of the biggest offenders? People who don't understand how vaccines work and think that things like vaccines, vitamin shots, and booster shots are poison. These people refuse to let doctors administer these shots to their children, which leaves their child's health at serious risk, all because of their ignorance. Not stupidity, ignorance.

There are still people who think simply becoming cold, as in temperature, will give you a cold, as in the illness.
*Sigh* The common cold is caused by a virus, not from you becoming too cold.
And no, antibiotics are not a proper treatment for a cold. You know why? Because antibiotics treat bacterial infections, not viral ones. They don't do a thing against viruses. But there are people who want to give their children antibiotics for every little viral infection they get.

And for goodness sake, people should realize that doctors tell them things for a reason. If your doctor tells you that you should not eat or drink anything after midnight before your surgery, do not eat or drink anything after midnight! Do you think they told you that just to be cruel? No! Don't eat or drink anything before your dang surgery! :I But there are some people who ignore their doctor when told that. Those people are lucky that it's not very professional for a doctor to greet you with "I told you so! >:/"

TL;DR: Basically, I meant the kind of ignorance about health that leads people to do stupid things, bash people when it's not their fault they're sick, and have stupid misconceptions.

No, I did read that. My reply was to the part why you said everyone was so ignorant?

And I was just pointing out it does cause diseases. And that some people are very serious about it. And should be.

I don't blame them for being serious about unhealthy lifestyles causing diseases.
I just wish some people wouldn't look at someone who's chronically sick and just assume that it's caused by an unhealthy lifestyle (especially when that person is visibly in-shape) and start bullying them about it. That's when they take it too far. They need to stop and actually find out whether or not it really is caused by an unhealthy lifestyle.
But that's just what people do: They assume something about someone and start bullying and bashing them about what they assume. That's also how hurtful rumors start.

To be completely honest, what really set me off was seeing someone say that they hope something horrible happens to her. :c Now, that's just plain rude, worse than the bullying.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Nuserame

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Oct 07, 05:17:24
I have a great idea; I could sell my paintings, seriously I've seen some people sell pictures a crow could paint with its left claw for 500 kn (that's about 80 dollars for you) so why couldn't I sell mine which are ten times better?
But the problem is - I have nobody to sell them to... I guess I'm going to stay poor

The thing with paintings is: Its worth whatever some chump pays for it.

If you want to paint for a living, become a good salesman/woman. There are plenty of books on the subject, probably even about art specifically.

Just don't fall for the dark side and become a snake oil salesperson!
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Nuserame on 2014 Oct 07, 12:17:45
I have a great idea; I could sell my paintings, seriously I've seen some people sell pictures a crow could paint with its left claw for 500 kn (that's about 80 dollars for you) so why couldn't I sell mine which are ten times better?
But the problem is - I have nobody to sell them to... I guess I'm going to stay poor

If you want to paint for a living, become a good salesman/woman. There are plenty of books on the subject, probably even about art specifically.

Yeah, it's hard for people to sell art, especially genuinely good art.
I once saw a man who had set up his front yard to show off his beautiful paintings, and he was trying to sell them. He was very talented. Unfortunately, they weren't selling well.

And yet people will buy something that was "painted" by cats. :\ As in, someone dipped their cat's paws in nontoxic paint and had them walk all over a canvas. And people get all "Each of this person's cats' paintings are expressed differently, since the cats have different personalities!"
It's...
a cat...
walking on a canvas...
with paint on its paws.
It's not like the cat was possessed by Van Gogh.

Nuserame

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Oct 07, 13:03:31

I once saw a man who had set up his front yard to show off his beautiful paintings, and he was trying to sell them. He was very talented. Unfortunately, they weren't selling well.

And yet people will buy something that was "painted" by cats. :\ As in, someone dipped their cat's paws in nontoxic paint and had them walk all over a canvas. And people get all "Each of this person's cats' paintings are expressed differently, since the cats have different personalities!"
It's...
a cat...
walking on a canvas...
with paint on its paws.

A once did that for me. Cept it was on the floor and I didnt really want him to...

And thats not even the worst things sold for actual money. Some artists even made a point of trolling art galleries with literal rubbish (look up 'Merda d'artista'), but the galleries didn't care. They just gleefully took the money of people who made themselves the subject of the mockery of what they bought.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Nuserame on 2014 Oct 07, 13:44:20
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Oct 07, 13:03:31

It's...
a cat...
walking on a canvas...
with paint on its paws.

A once did that for me. Cept it was on the floor and I didnt really want him to...

And thats not even the worst things sold for actual money. Some artists even made a point of trolling art galleries with literal rubbish (look up 'Merda d'artista'), but the galleries didn't care. They just gleefully took the money of people who made themselves the subject of the mockery of what they bought.

There's a reason I never got really into art. The art world is weird.
And I don't like the elitist art people. They can be rude, and they look for meaning that isn't there.
... Kinda like when your Language Arts teacher rambles on and on about how the blue curtains in the room represent the narrator's hidden inner sadness, when really, the writer probably just likes the color blue and thought it'd go well with the decor.

Sakura_Blossom

Whenever I try to show a game to my dad, and he just sits at the computer watching football, paying no attention to what im trying to show him.

MrEmu

Broken promises...

When someone is acting all "Why aren't you helping me?! You should be helping me this instant!" when I'm much worse off then them...
Yes, I know hard times are hard...but they act like their problems are much worse then my problems because they don't know how to walk in someone elses shoes...So they make me feel like crud...

Ramisha

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Oct 07, 15:07:24
And I don't like the elitist art people. They can be rude, and they look for meaning that isn't there.

I watched something on TV about some englishman who makes vitrajes. vitrages? vitr... whatever. He went to some elite school and he lied that he was 17 to enter it (he was actually 15) and he slept inside the school building. And today he's very famous and stuff (although in my opinion his art sucks).
If somebody today did thar they would get expelled!

Chishio Kunrin

I forgot that Legend of Korra season 4 premiered last Friday, so I went to nick.com to watch it, but...
I got a message saying that my cable provider has dropped some of my channels and blocked me from viewing the episode. :'( Viacom is trying to come to a distribution agreement with them.
But still, I'm kind of upset about this. :s It kinda reminds me of this whole problem with ISPs trying to mess with net neutrality, y'know? Come to think of it, my cable provider is also my ISP. They're also my phone provider. Bundling TV, internet, and phone with them was a lot cheaper than what we had before, y'know?

Howitzer

Computer malfunctions

So to explain: The entire hardrive of my computer bit the dust along with most of my files. So along with catching up on everything that's happened on LoE since, I will also be busy resetting up everything I lost.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Pipkin

I've been hearing the same thing over and over the last 8 months..."Darcy, you need to cut hours, Darcy, you need to cut hours......"

Now we are finally getting printouts of where our departments' labour should be and how many hours of labour a week I am allotted.....guess what?

"Hey Darcy, turns out you were not getting enough hours over the summer!"

really now  :l

Midnight Breeze

Can't find a non-sucky wireless USB adapter anywhere in town, so I have to make due with a Netgear n600. This POS spikes like nobodies business and the max speed I can get is 17Mbps.

Once again this worthless town fails to deliver.

Chack

2014 Oct 08, 20:50:05 #14334 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 08, 20:53:32 by Chack
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Oct 08, 19:53:53
Can't find a non-sucky wireless USB adapter anywhere in town, so I have to make due with a Netgear n600. This POS spikes like nobodies business and the max speed I can get is 17Mbps.

Once again this worthless town fails to deliver.

I know that feelin'. I ended up trying to convert an old router into a wirless adapter to connect to the nearest router. It works, but not much better than the old adapter.
It doesn't help the fact that the nearest accesible network router is about 50m away and the house I live in isn't wired for networking. It's like 100 years old or somethin'.

Wait, your max speed is 17Mbps? The heck are you complaining about?! I'm having trouble staying up to 2 when I should be getting at least 15!
Wait for it...

dr.induction

ADHD..... I am an idea factory, But that's it. It was so bad today I literally couldn't see at one point, I couldn't explain it if I tried.

Dark Hooves

I know what you are talking about, I went through that as a kid. I still have some symptoms, but I have outlets for them so it doesn't get out of hand.
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

MrEmu

More of Sweet's drama... :s

Spoiler: Open if you dare! • show

Well, this is depressing...
My one best friend is off on a 5 day trip...
And my other one needs a brake from my drama or something...

So I'm basically all alone, all my other friends are avoiding me...
I get no attention from my friends now...
And I get far too much attention in real life, I get no privacy at all!

I feel like I'm losing my mind, and like I'm hated seeing as everyone who really knows me runs away from me...

Dark Hooves

life often give you times where you feel that everyone is against you, but that isn't the case, your friends are not trying to run away from you and your problems, they are trying to take care of their own problems
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Midnight Breeze

I've been very upset and haven't eaten anything since lunch Thursday. I went to bed as soon as I got off work yesterday and woke up at midnight starving. Feels like my blood sugar is down. I think I'm over my sadness now, hopefully I'll feel better after eating.

Go Up