Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Started by TwilightNight, 2013 Jun 29, 21:10:15

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mr.Darkling

Animal Crossing is strange.
I only seem to appreciate the game after a long day of working to death.
I come home all tired and aching and the first thing that comes to mind is how must I want to play Animal Crossing, where I'll spend the next few hours working my butt off in-game to save bells for town projects.

Oh well, some strange guy named Jack gave me a wolf-hoodie thing today and I got a skull hat off a friend so I'm fairly pleased with the extra spooky in my town.
"Man is a make-believe animal, he is never so truly himself as when he is acting the part"

GoldenTerrabyte

People keep saying how Jack is coming to them. I never got him! I went on, he never came!
I'm back

Azure

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Oct 07, 14:43:41
People keep saying how Jack is coming to them. I never got him! I went on, he never came!
He appears in the morning I think.
He came to me at 9 AM.
3DS Friend Code: 1091-8504-5380
BE THERE AND BE SQUARE
Spoiler: show

this'll have ponies one day
Skype in the off chance that you'd like to talk to me: AzureLancet

FakeSmile

Quote from: Azure on 2013 Oct 07, 12:07:20
Quote from: FakeSmile on 2013 Oct 06, 14:51:15
Hello!
Does anyone have any rococo furniture?
I'll pay 10k for each piece.
^-^

I've got a candlestick, wardrobe, clock, and sofa if you're interested.
Quote from: GlassMirror on 2013 Oct 06, 17:55:44
Quote from: FakeSmile on 2013 Oct 06, 14:51:15
Hello!
Does anyone have any rococo furniture?
I'll pay 10k for each piece.
^-^

I have some, like the bed, sofa, chair, light, and dresser, that's all I got ^-^

Horray! Thanks you town!
^-^
I'll leave my gate open whenever I get on.
:)
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Chishio Kunrin

2013 Oct 08, 17:46:38 #784 Last Edit: 2013 Oct 09, 14:24:23 by Chishio Kunrin
It would be nice if we could customize the spooky furniture. I'd be willing to buy them if I could turn them black with an orange face. :c

Post Merge

So, I found out that interacting with the piggy bank puts bells into it. How exactly do I get that money out? I kinda hit it several times because I liked the plink noise, until I thought "Wait a second... *Checks inventory*"

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Azure

So today I got over 90,000 HHA points.
No idea how though, it was a measly 49,000 yesterday.
Any of this look like Silver Trophy material?

BE THERE AND BE SQUARE

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Azure on 2013 Oct 09, 16:01:18

Having furniture sets in rooms together helps, I think.
Also, you really seem to like sapphire furniture. o_O

So, when you put bells in your piggy bank, does that go to your ABD? Or is it actually in the piggy bank, and I need to find a way to take it back out?

KirbyFluttershy

I never had a piggy bank before so I dunno if that works like ABD. If i were you, I would just get an ABD furniture and find out or just test the piggy bank out and see.

Quote from: Azure on 2013 Oct 09, 16:01:18

You get more HHA points as you complete the furniture set plus the matching carpet and wallpaper that goes along with the furniture set. If you paid all of your debt, then you have a choice of being a HHA VIP member allowing you to score higher points and you can change the theme any time you want as long as the store is opened.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2013 Oct 09, 17:21:19
I never had a piggy bank before so I dunno if that works like ABD. If i were you, I would just get an ABD furniture and find out or just test the piggy bank out and see.

Ok, I guess. I got it for putting a million bells in my ABD. I guess I could try checking the ABD, then putting some bells in my piggy bank, then going back to the ABD and checking again.

It's a good thing it didn't take very much from me.

GoldenTerrabyte

If they didn't change this from the earlier games, the piggy bank sucks a Bell away forever every time you press A at it.
I'm back

Jenzy

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Oct 09, 17:57:47
If they didn't change this from the earlier games, the piggy bank sucks a Bell away forever every time you press A at it.

I found out about that. I thought it'd take the money to the ABD savings... but NOPE. It's a money eater.

I still wanted to display it so I decided to make it go with a pretty looking Amethyst design, and I then literally placed it at the corner, where it belongs. Untouchable. Bad piggie!

Still at 20M+ and Points wise, even without series items, the "rare" furniture items as well as villagers' pics and my Feng Shui possibly is helping me get to a good 115,000~ points.

I don't care much for Series items, since I like to kinda be free-lance, though I'm still sticking with a theme-ish. My "themes" so far is just my Kitchen to the left, my Musical Conservatory at the back, and my Office to the right. My main room is mainly Feng Shui, Mario/fun looking/rare items, and my bedroom has a bunch of ruby Lovely Series and some Regal, bowling stuff, and my bathroom is there. My basement looks sloppier than the sloppy series!!

Thanks to school (mainly that darned AP US History Class) I barely get any time to go and check out what Items I may or may not possess. It's possible that I can just give away items I no longer need when I stick to a Final "style" for my house when it's fully expanded. But it's all a journey and it's fun looking at others' houses to see how they style it. Home's always-a changin.' Kinda one of the main points of this game is how you design... HAVE FUN!

Fun Furniture Trick: Ever wanted to place something at the back of the table to be facing south (the screen without having to rotate)? Normally, you'd have to place it around that part but you're always forced to have it facing West, North, or East for the back item. You can't rotate the single item without turning the whole table...

I found out long ago that if you have 3 items on the table and the empty space of the table at the back, with another furniture blocking your left or right at the South part of the table, you can place a table item on the "Northern" end like you'd be able to with the Southernmost side of the table. It'll jump over the other items and go to the back, provided there isn't a space it can land on the ground.

Basically, placing an item in reverse rather than facing you when you place it close to you. I guess you "trick" it by "throwing" that item to the back.

I've wondered before how Villagers managed to place items like radios facing "the screen." Pretty neat when you want that one angle for the item, but normal turning just turns the whole table.

Azure

I made a design that wasn't too awful.

BE THERE AND BE SQUARE

Changing Wind

So, does anyone know how candy works in AC:NL?

GoldenTerrabyte

You can eat it or give it to Jack on Halloween for furniture. I prefer eating it.
I'm back

Changing Wind

I bought so much candy....
It's pretty much covering most of the floor in my house now   X3

Chishio Kunrin

Any idea why Animal Crossing won't let me use the words shazow or shazam? o.O Those aren't bad words at all.

GoldenTerrabyte

I'm back

Azure

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Oct 11, 14:12:52
Any idea why Animal Crossing won't let me use the words shazow or shazam? o.O Those aren't bad words at all.
Buzzwords are bad.
BE THERE AND BE SQUARE

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Azure on 2013 Oct 11, 16:17:27
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Oct 11, 14:12:52
Buzzwords are bad.

Buzzwords?

Azure

BE THERE AND BE SQUARE

Go Up