Spyro the Dragon

Started by Buttslapsmcgee, 2014 Apr 20, 22:36:40

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Buttslapsmcgee

Since the thread for Spyro has been dead for days now, I'm starting a new one!

i swear i have to be one of the biggest spyro fans here.. i have all the console games, a DS game.. and even a plush.  ovO

who else is a fan?  :3
Pastel stuff and cutie patooties.

InCaptivity

Eh, never really been a fan. The art design is just horrid and the gameplay has never been my thing. Just the definition of "meh games" to me.
The Galaxy Is At Peace

Shadow Mare

Spyro is dead and is reborn a Skylander.

Cobalt Crafter

Spyro is one of my favorite VG characters. He is strong willed and witty in the NA version and the opposite in japan. Though I wish his writers and voice actors could bring him to life better than presented. He is a really rich and unexploited franchise.

Buttslapsmcgee

Quote from: InCaptivity on 2014 Apr 20, 22:59:07
Eh, never really been a fan. The art design is just horrid and the gameplay has never been my thing. Just the definition of "meh games" to me.

"Horrid"? Your opinion of course, but mine is that I think it looks adorable! You're a negative nancy.  :P

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Apr 21, 00:55:16
Spyro is dead and is reborn a Skylander.

tbh i dislike skylanders. he's nothing but a background character, now. I'm disappointed. :(

Quote from: Cobalt Crafter on 2014 Apr 21, 01:57:37
Spyro is one of my favorite VG characters. He is strong willed and witty in the NA version and the opposite in japan. Though I wish his writers and voice actors could bring him to life better than presented. He is a really rich and unexploited franchise.

If Sony hand't of sold his soul, then maybe he would've had so many more awesome games today, just like the older classics! :(

Shadow Mare

Quotetbh i dislike skylanders. he's nothing but a background character, now. I'm disappointed.

At least him and Cynder are still in video games unlike other characters.

Buttslapsmcgee

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Apr 21, 20:48:43
Quotetbh i dislike skylanders. he's nothing but a background character, now. I'm disappointed.

At least him and Cynder are still in video games unlike other characters.

I disliked the legends trilogy very much, so I don't see an upside, here.

Griffon

Princess Celestia: Ah, Philomena, my pet. You're awake.

MrEmu

I love Spyro but I love Skylanders equally, but I see them as two totally different games!
I mean I don't think I could survive without Igniter or FlameSlinger, but the Spyro games had Malefor, who's one of the coolest villains of all video games! not to be mean...but choas doesn't hold a candle to Malefor...

Shadow Mare

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Jun 05, 20:26:24
I love Spyro but I love Skylanders equally, but I see them as two totally different games!
I mean I don't think I could survive without Igniter or FlameSlinger, but the Spyro games had Malefor, who's one of the coolest villains of all video games! not to be mean...but choas doesn't hold a candle to Malefor...

Isn't Malefor from Legend of Spyro?

MrEmu

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Jun 05, 21:11:50
Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Jun 05, 20:26:24
[glow=purple,2,300]I love Spyro[/glow] [glow=yellow,2,300] but I love Skylanders equally,[/glow] but I see them as two totally different games!
[glow=yellow,2,300]I mean I don't think I could survive without Igniter or FlameSlinger[/glow],[glow=purple,2,300] but the Spyro games had Malefor, who's one of the coolest villains of all video games![/glow] not to be mean...but choas doesn't hold a candle to Malefor...

Isn't Malefor from Legend of Spyro?
Yes, I'm talking about the Legend of Spyro and Skylanders...
I color coded it so you know what I'm talking about and when

Shadow Mare

Funny, I usually see people hate the LoS trilogy because its not like the old Spyro games.

Midnight Breeze

The first Spyro the Dragon was actually the first 3D game I ever played. I as 7; God, I feel old. I kind of gave up on the franchise after the debacle that was Enter the Dragonfly. Spyro's whole personality took a 180 in that awful game. I don't know who at Universal thought it would be a good idea to hand the franchise to Check Six, but they need to be shot.

Did anyone who actually played the Spyro the Dragon series also play the Legend of Spyro series and like it?  :s

And Skylanders...don't even get me started on whatever that's supposed to be.

Shadow Mare

Skylander Spyro looks much better in Swap Force than the past skylanders games, I cannot wait for Trap Team.

MrEmu

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Jun 05, 22:15:14
Skylander Spyro looks much better in Swap Force than the past skylanders games, I cannot wait for Trap Team.
They changed his look in Swap Force? (I never got my hooves on it,  only the first two games)

Shadow Mare

Well not completely but he looks way better than of that picture you posted

ChibiGrrl

Actually, I grew up playing The Legend of Spyro (love it and still play it today), and also the LoS trilogy - which I really need to finish on PS2 :D

Shadow Mare

They should make a LoS trilogy HD collection.

MrEmu

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Jun 07, 00:07:23
They should make a LoS trilogy HD collection.
I'd SOO buy that!

Dr. Eggnog

Spyro the Dragon was one of my favorite games as a kid.  Enter the Dragonfly was just terrible.  People like to complain about Legend and Skylanders because they're so different, but they really can't be as technically horrendous.
Spoiler: show
I love you.

Go Up