Terraria

Started by GoldenTerrabyte, 2014 Feb 12, 16:51:11

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Silverfan118

ahh terraria, one of my most favorite games, oh i can remember the times where i would make hamachi servers and then invite friends and family to come play, we had pretty cozy houses x3 however we did suddenly stop playing after a while .3.;

GoldenTerrabyte

Nice! If only I had the computer version. But if I ever do, I'll let you know!
I'm back

Silverfan118

awesome, if you ever do get the computer version, i can let ya join our hamachi server c: we've started playing it again and we got some heart shards for my friend x3

GoldenTerrabyte

I've been wondering, what's a Hamachi server?
I'm back

Silverfan118

2014 Jun 05, 13:55:18 #24 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 05, 14:00:07 by Silverfan118
hamachi is an easier way to port...in a way, you can host servers such as minecraft which require a shared connection...or something like that. I've used it for my minecraft, terraria and most likely other multiplier games, but all you do is create a network, name it, give it a password, then make others/friends join in with ya. (sorry i don't know too much about hamachi)

GoldenTerrabyte

Ah. Is it free to do?
I'm back

Silverfan118

yup hamachi is free :3

KirbyFluttershy

The downside part of using hamachi is that it makes the online play laggy so that's why port forwarding is the only answer to play online without the lag. I had a problem with it before and it caused lag even when doing frost and pumpkin moon, it just wasted our time to complete each wave.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

GoldenTerrabyte

And what is port forwarding? I don't really know about setting up servers! XD
I'm back

KirbyFluttershy

Well i'm not sure if this information helps, but I don't like to be relying on hamachi to do online play for terraria all the time.

Silverfan118

i only use hamachi because i cannot port forward using my internet,a s there are restrictions, because of my little brothers mainly. If i could port forward i would have done it ages ago ;w; hence why i am using hamachi, and we usually don't lag when it comes to terraria and minecraft, but i dunno, maybe if it is a long distance, it may lag.

Prismatic

2014 Jun 07, 00:36:23 #31 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 07, 00:38:55 by Prismatic
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Jun 05, 19:10:05
And what is port forwarding? I don't really know about setting up servers! XD

Port forwarding is where when a person connects to your local network with the IP address your Internet Provider gives you, takes the associated port (presuming Terraria has a default and otherwise not specified) and forwards the data/connection it to the computer specified by the router.  Most routers have built in firewalls that block any ports that are unknown to it, since when a port is opened (i.e. forwarded) that anything connected to it can utilize it.

So if I were hosting a server and someone were to connect to me, my router would know which computer on my network to pass it on to.

KirbyFluttershy

Well We could play together, but I rather play with my own character cuz I don't like to be packing up my characters and making a mess of the storage. Right now, I wanna do frost moon, but it takes more than 1 person to do frost moon. I don't mind helping out for those that need help such as farming materials for armor and other stuff such as mounts.

I got extremely lucky in getting the new wings, but these new wings are good. If you guys are curious about these new wings, you can just look it up on my screenshots through steam (can find me as calumon007, but if you can't see the screenshot, just add me on steam).

Silverfan118

we never got as far as the skeletron .3.; i think we kinda need better tools first, i guess we kinda focused on getting everyone's health up, i guess now we'd need armor >3<

KirbyFluttershy

well if you need help, i can help. if you wanted new bosses, it's best to create a new world, but there's a chance that you'll get crimson in that new world including the temple altar. my current world doesn't have the temple altar so i'm gonna have to deal with what i got.

I do have some frost key molds if you guys need some, but this is only one time use after crafting so you have to decide who gets the staff. I already have most of the biome based items from the chests such as scourage of corruptor, vampire knives which is the best for most melees, rainbow gun, piranha gun, and the staff.

also as for the new boss, you need a required bait to spawn him. no fishing potions and gear needed and you have to fight him during the day and time limit goes up to nighttime. it's best to create a battlefield for that new boss, just a lot of wooden platforms, a couple of wood or bricks to hang the heart lanterns, and of course the campfires as well.

Silverfan118

it would be great of LOE hosted a terraria server, however obviously they're busy. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem if we played on multiplayer together, i've got terraria on steam c: then again, minecraft is just as good .3. it just has less to do tis all c:

KirbyFluttershy

The limit is 4 people including the host so it's impossible for all of us to play terraria at once. I wanted to play with you guys, but I don't see how it's gonna happen without the lag.

GoldenTerrabyte

Ha. I don't have the computer version anyway. But it would be cool if that were true. And I notice it doesn't seem like so many people here play Terraria. I've asked lots here!
I'm back

Silverfan118

that's a shame ;w; i guess the whole server making is a pain when it comes to playing with others online. Surely there's other games that are just multiplayer overall, then we'd only need to worry about finding eachother on the game x3

GoldenTerrabyte

Yeah. But someone released an unofficial online multiplayer app for the iOS version of Terraria. I have that, if you did too we could play. That is, if you don't mind droppin' seven bucks, that's how much it costs total to buy both.
I'm back

Go Up