Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Sep 21, 19:46:17
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 21, 19:40:21
"Chair Force" insults.

o.O?

A lot of people in other branches of the military (especially the marines) don't have a lot of respect for the air force. In their eyes the air force is not "real military" because airmen tend to have it easier than the ground forces. You could easily be in the air force for 20 years and never see combat once. For that reason, some soldiers and marines (and even some sailors) see the air force as the "pansy branch".

What they fail to realize is that the military is about more than just charging into a battlefield guns blazing. The air force does a lot of the behind the scenes work that makes life way easier for the other branches. The air force are the ones who go into a battlefield first to take out key targets which greatly help the ground forces. They are the ones doing the bulk of the intelligence and surveillance work that give the army something to go on.

Essentially the air force is a branch that's more about intelligence and planning than physicality and force. The work of the mind - sadly undervalued in the military.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 21, 20:25:09
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Sep 21, 19:46:17
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 21, 19:40:21
"Chair Force" insults.

o.O?

A lot of people in other branches of the military (especially the marines) don't have a lot of respect for the air force. In their eyes the air force is not "real military" because airmen tend to have it easier than the ground forces. You could easily be in the air force for 20 years and never see combat once. For that reason, some soldiers and marines (and even some sailors) see the air force as the "pansy branch".

What they fail to realize is that the military is about more than just charging into a battlefield guns blazing. The air force does a lot of the behind the scenes work that makes life way easier for the other branches. The air force are the ones who go into a battlefield first to take out key targets which greatly help the ground forces. They are the ones doing the bulk of the intelligence and surveillance work that give the army something to go on.

Essentially the air force is a branch that's more about intelligence and planning than physicality and force. The work of the mind - sadly undervalued in the military.

Oh. That's dumb.
People don't seem to understand that brains can beat brawn. :\
Meh. When my dad joined the military, he tried for air force first, but he couldn't pass the breathing test thing, so he went into the army instead.

Midnight Breeze

I don't believe this. Some has hacked my Origin account and charged hundreds of dollars in games to my debit card. Origin support is not there on sundays so I have to wait until tomorrow to contact them. I've already reported my debit card stolen, thankfully that has 24/7 support.

Greyscaleisme

Oh wow, that sucks mate. *Gives encouraging pat on the back because she doesn't know you well enough to hug you*
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Midnight Breeze

The real question is why Origin saves billing information on the account that can't even be deleted! Now the hacker has my name, address, and phone number. Do you have any idea how much havoc he could wreak on my life with that information? Thank God he at least doesn't have my social right....right?

I'm still taken aback by how he got my password in the first place.

Chishio Kunrin

Person comes to the RWBY wiki.
Sees an old thread where people were arguing about whether or not (spoiler) is (spoiler).
It kinda got necro'd earlier this month by anons who didn't read the date on the first post.
If they had, they would've seen that it's from 2013, before the reveal that (spoiler) is indeed (spoiler)!
The anons posted to the nature of "OMG YOU GUYS ARE SO STUPID HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I THINK YOU SHOULD REWATCH (episodes) LIKE 365 TIMES UNTIL YOU GET IT HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA"
New person also pops in and says to watch the series or read the articles if you're seriously uncertain that (spoiler) is (spoiler).
My face when:

Dear Princess Celestia, give me the strength to not slap these people.

We're the friggin RWBY wikia! We know that episodes came out that revealed (spoiler)! You would think the fact that the posts involved people arguing about something that was plainly and clearly revealed in the series would tip people off to the fact that they should probably read the date in the corner of the post to see if it was posted way back before the reveal, but no!

I know I've posted about this kinda thing before, but goodness gracious, this was just too obvious!

Pipkin

Going to bed at 7pm(And being tired at that point), not sleeping a wink until 12am, and waking up at 2am  >:/

Now I have to try and stay awake until about 4:30pm......but I hope this is all worth it!

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Sep 22, 20:53:28
Sees an old thread where people were arguing about whether or not (spoiler) is (spoiler).
It kinda got necro'd earlier this month by anons who didn't read the date on the first post.
If they had, they would've seen that it's from 2013, before the reveal that (spoiler) is indeed (spoiler)!
The anons posted to the nature of "OMG YOU GUYS ARE SO STUPID HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I THINK YOU SHOULD REWATCH (episodes) LIKE 365 TIMES UNTIL YOU GET IT HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA"
New person also pops in and says to watch the series or read the articles if you're seriously uncertain that (spoiler) is (spoiler).
My face when:

We're the friggin RWBY wikia! We know that episodes came out that revealed (spoiler)! You would think the fact that the posts involved people arguing about something that was plainly and clearly revealed in the series would tip people off to the fact that they should probably read the date in the corner of the post to see if it was posted way back before the reveal, but no!

I know I've posted about this kinda thing before, but goodness gracious, this was just too obvious!

On the bright side, at least we know what Cynder's (i think that was her name. That or Scarlet) weapon is. AND IT'S AWESOME! You probably wouldn't like my friend though, he said she was using fire magic. "facepalm"
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 Sep 23, 04:37:23
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Sep 22, 20:53:28
My face when:
Spoiler: show

On the bright side, at least we know what Cynder's (i think that was her name. That or Scarlet) weapon is. AND IT'S AWESOME! You probably wouldn't like my friend though, he said she was using fire magic. "facepalm"

Yeah, her name is Cinder.
Scarlet is the red-haired person on Sun's (monkey guy) team, but we haven't met Scarlet yet.
And ah man, it's dust, not magic. :P She probably has dust-infused thread sewn into her clothing, like Jen Taylor talked about in the World of Remnant: Dust video. It would explain the glowing and the fact that she was sewing something at the end of the episode Extracurricular.

Chack

I am getting no sleep. No real cause, I just might have insomnia.
Wait for it...

Midnight Breeze

I woke up freezing several times last night. Seems another cold front blew through and the temperature was 50 degrees Fahrenheit this morning.

2cold4me

Firey

How I'm socially awkward...and I have a bit of a socio-phobia (especially when meeting new people)

My i.r.l. "friends" don't understand. My "friends" never understand. 'Stop being so self-centred and open-up.'
Yeah. Like it's THAT EASY.
I try...I try to talk to others...it always ends-up becoming awkward...I can't think of anything to say.
I never speak much...nor have I made friends with many people around me...so it'll take a while.
A LONG while.
And it doesn't help when my "friends" keep ditching me either.

Sometimes I ask myself why I even bother trying.   >.<
The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

Chack

Quote from: Firey on 2014 Sep 23, 22:17:23
How I'm socially awkward...and I have a bit of a socio-phobia (especially when meeting new people)

My i.r.l. "friends" don't understand. My "friends" never understand. 'Stop being so self-centred and open-up.'
I try...I try to talk to others...it always ends-up becoming awkward...I can't think of anything to say.
I never speak much...nor have I made friends with many people around me...so it'll take a while.
A LONG while.

I know that feeling. The only time I don't feel socially awkward is around my closest friends. Everyone else seems to think I look sad or depressed all the time because I hardly talk to them.
Wait for it...

Ramisha

Quote from: Chack on 2014 Sep 23, 22:39:22

A LONG while.

I know that feeling. The only time I don't feel socially awkward is around my closest friends. Everyone else seems to think I look sad or depressed all the time because I hardly talk to them.

Once I was just standing by myself like I usually do and a girl came up to me and asked me if I was ok. Beat that.
I don't understand, is being alone really that odd?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Sep 24, 02:03:50

A LONG while.

Once I was just standing by myself like I usually do and a girl came up to me and asked me if I was ok. Beat that.

Human beings are social creatures, or at least we're supposed to be. It's like the animals that live in packs - wolves, lions, etc. Except we're a little more complex than animals, and our personalities can include introversion and such. Difficulty interacting with other people can come from a number of factors, and a lot of people just don't understand it.

Humans are so complicated and vary so much that even humans have trouble understanding it all. The big problem is the people who don't try to understand. They see someone who's too different and weird, and they turn their noses up at that person. That person is strange, and they don't like it. It gets pretty ridiculous in some cases.

Nuserame

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Sep 24, 02:03:50

A LONG while.

Its not so much being alone as being alone in a crowd that sets people off. Makes em think your having trouble with something or that you don't like any of the people around there enough to hang out with them.

And then there is the subset of highly socially dependent people who find it painful to be alone and cant imagine anyone else being any different. The girl that asked if you were ok might just have been genuinely concerned. Ignorance rather than malice and all that.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Midnight Breeze

2014 Sep 24, 18:23:32 #14177 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 25, 06:51:27 by Pipkin
People who insist on backing into parking spaces. People who insist on holding up traffic for this bizarre little theatrical stunt wear at my sanity like nobodies business. When asked why they insist on doing this they usually reply with "It's so much easier to just pull out of the space."

Well, yeah. I don't dispute for a second that driving forward out of a space is easier than backing out, but that's not what we should be comparing. Either way you have to back either in or out. So we should be comparing the difficulty and time consumption of backing in vs backing out.

Now, for the sake of maintaining my demeanor I'm going to explain this scenario using an analogy that's very near and dear to my heart: an ice cold can of Diet Coke. Imagine cracking open that delicious can of sweet nectar and letting it flow from the small hole in the can into the much larger hole that is your mouth. Easy and satisfying, right? No then - try imagining spitting that mouthful of coke back into the small hole in the can. That was much less easy and much less satisfying, right? Harder to aim, probably some spillage, not very neat. Not to mention you now have a can full of spittle, but I digress...

Where am I going with this? Simple. When you back out of space into the big, open area behind you you are letting your car flow out into the street's wide open mouth. But when you are backing in? You are trying to spit a mouthful of car into that tiny parking space can. It's just not worth it bro. Especially considering that spitting that coke back into the can is probably going to annoy and gross out those who see you doing it. Particularly if they wanted a sip of that coke.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm a reasonable person, and as such I realize there are some times when it would be logical to back in:

- You are loading a bunch of junk into your trunk.

- You are unloading a bunch of junk out of your trunk.

- (I'd rather you didn't, thanks)

- You are a getaway driver for a robbery. Backing in would certainly be advantageous here, however you may want to consider and change of career.

Now, if none of the above apply to your current situation. Then please save everyone's time and simply pull into the space. The 2 or 3 cars behind you in lot don't want to sit and wait a minute or more while you awkwardly maneuver your car back and forth, back and forth, back and forth...trying to get into that spot backwards.

.........Also, yes, I suck at parallel parking.

MrEmu

Rissian

2014 Sep 24, 19:38:06 #14179 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 25, 06:52:12 by Pipkin
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 24, 18:23:32
People who insist on backing into parking spaces. People who insist on holding up traffic for this bizarre little theatrical stunt wear at my sanity like nobodies business. When asked why they insist on doing this they usually reply with "It's so much easier to just pull out of the space."

Well, yeah. I don't dispute for a second that driving forward out of a space is easier than backing out, but that's not what we should be comparing. Either way you have to back either in or out. So we should be comparing the difficulty and time consumption of backing in vs backing out.

Now, for the sake of maintaining my demeanor I'm going to explain this scenario using an analogy that's very near and dear to my heart: an ice cold can of Diet Coke. Imagine cracking open that delicious can of sweet nectar and letting it flow from the small hole in the can into the much larger hole that is your mouth. Easy and satisfying, right? No then - try imagining spitting that mouthful of coke back into the small hole in the can. That was much less easy and much less satisfying, right? Harder to aim, probably some spillage, not very neat. Not to mention you now have a can full of spittle, but I digress...

Where am I going with this? Simple. When you back out of space into the big, open area behind you you are letting your car flow out into the street's wide open mouth. But when you are backing in? You are trying to spit a mouthful of car into that tiny parking space can. It's just not worth it bro. Especially considering that spitting that coke back into the can is probably going to annoy and gross out those who see you doing it. Particularly if they wanted a sip of that coke.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm a reasonable person, and as such I realize there are some times when it would be logical to back in:

- You are loading a bunch of junk into your trunk.

- You are unloading a bunch of junk out of your trunk.

- Redacted

- You are a getaway driver for a robbery. Backing in would certainly be advantageous here, however you may want to consider and change of career.

Now, if none of the above apply to your current situation. Then please save everyone's time and simply pull into the space. The 2 or 3 cars behind you in lot don't want to sit and wait a minute or more while you awkwardly maneuver your car back and forth, back and forth, back and forth...trying to get into that spot backwards.

.........Also, yes, I suck at parallel parking.

The main reason people tend to back into parking places is it's safer and less likely to end up in a wreck from your end or the other person's end if they're being crazy in a parking lot and I have seen crazy people drive stupidly fast in parking lots. For some people it's not about difficulty it's more about safety. You're more likely to make a mistake when pulling out backwards looking at a mirror than having the full range vision of the front of your vehicle.

How expensive food has gotten lately, and that we can't make a budget for food due to circumstances going on right now. So a few times we have to buy ramen and such instead of food that actually has required nutrition.

Go Up