This kept me awake for half an hour yesterday night...

Started by Crystal Chaos, 2012 Jun 02, 23:06:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Crystal Chaos

*Ahemhem* If a pegasus(we'll call her "X") were to jump off, say, the Grand Canyon(silly filly...) with her wings opens, she would have only a matter of seconds to start flapping before the wind force snapped her fragile wings. The wind force may even KILL X before she stops falling, as her bones are hollow as to be aerodynamic, and frailer. If she were to jump with closed wings, she would have less than a second to open her wings and flap before the wing force traps her wings to her side.

Just so you know, the closed-wing theory is from riding a rollercoaster.

Tiger

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Crystal Chaos

Lord of Madness

i love unicorns.... they probably get in invisible shield to account they probably cant wear heavy armor

Equestrian

Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 02, 23:06:12
*Ahemhem* If a pegasus(we'll call her "X") were to jump off, say, the Grand Canyon(silly filly...) with her wings opens, she would have only a matter of seconds to start flapping before the wind force snapped her fragile wings. The wind force may even KILL X before she stops falling, as her bones are hollow as to be aerodynamic, and frailer. If she were to jump with closed wings, she would have less than a second to open her wings and flap before the wing force traps her wings to her side.

Just so you know, the closed-wing theory is from riding a rollercoaster.

That's what I like to call, "The Halo Concept" :s
You can die 5 times before you hit the ground o_O

Lord of Madness

Night Pony

Or while her wings are open she glides safely towards the ground.That wouldn't be the first time X has fallen i assume since she is a pegasus.So i think it's more likely that she will use her wings to glide instead of them breaking.They are design for flying they will not be that fragile to be broken off from the wind.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Blues-Music

I know many games that you die before you hit the ground in mainly the whole uncharted series ,but if the fall is too high the wind will crush your bones ,and kill you before you hit the ground also you can die of a heart attack because of you looking at that huge fall that you are in.

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Night Pony on 2012 Jun 03, 04:30:44
Or while her wings are open she glides safely towards the ground.That wouldn't be the first time X has fallen i assume since she is a pegasus.So i think it's more likely that she will use her wings to glide instead of them breaking.They are design for flying they will not be that fragile to be broken off from the wind.

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jun 03, 05:25:41
I know many games that you die before you hit the ground in mainly the whole uncharted series ,but if the fall is too high the wind will crush your bones ,and kill you before you hit the ground also you can die of a heart attack because of you looking at that huge fall that you are in.

Night Pony

Fluttershy who was a filly fell from Cloudsdale which I assume is was way higher than the Grand Canyon.And yet she has survive the fall with no damage.The wind did not cause damage.And yes she was with open wings.

Lary

Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Night Pony

Crystal Chaos

Remedy

If a pegasus(we'll call her "X") were to jump off, say, the Grand Canyon(silly filly...) with her wings opens, she would have only a matter of seconds to start flapping before the wind force snapped her fragile wings.

If she were to jump with closed wings, she would have less than a second to open her wings and flap before the wing force traps her wings to her side.

May I ask what sort of dynamic KPa you're expecting this poor filly to experience within these few seconds?

I'd also like to point out that by extending her hooves, she should be able to sufficiently lower the dynamic KPa to a point where she can extend her wings.

Chishio Kunrin

There are birds of prey that will close their wings and dive from great heights, many reaching extreme speeds, then open their wings, catch their prey, and fly away.

Example: Peregrine Falcon. "The Peregrine is renowned for its speed, reaching over 322 km/h (200 mph) during its characteristic hunting stoop (high speed dive)"

Also consider that Rainbow Dash has to go faster than the speed of sound to perform a Sonic Rainboom, as it is a colorful sonic boom.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Go Up