What's your favorite anime?

Started by GoldenTerrabyte, 2012 Dec 20, 10:16:25

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

f4t413rr0r

Quote from: Yozer247 on 2013 Jul 26, 20:08:31
To answer that question I have to ask a question....

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM???

"Just believe in yourself. Not in the Simon that I believe in, not in the Kamina that you believe in, have faith in the Simon that believes in you."

I god dam love tengen toppa gurren lagann.

THANK YOU.  After reading the first two pages, I was beginning to lose hope in this thread... 
But yeah, TTGL is hands-down my favorite anime of all time.

The Gedge

2013 Aug 08, 18:13:30 #41 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 08, 18:17:13 by The Gedge
Lovely Complex, Nodame Cantabire, Death Note or Elfen Lied.
Lovely Complex and Nodame Cantabire are really funny, and if I had to choose between those two I'd go Lovely Complex.
Death Note and Elfen Lied are both really dark, serious and kind of emotional/psychological, so I can't compare them with the first two. I think Death Note is slightly better than Elfen Lied though.

[Edit]
Just noticed that I am literally the only person to suggest the above  :I

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Aug 06, 09:13:16
So far, RWBY is pretty cool. Though, it depends on whether or not you'd define it as an anime. It's being made in Texas, in a 3D program called Poser Pro 2014, but it's in anime style. So, I guess it depends on whether or not you define anime as in location or anime as in the style.

Either way, I think it's safe to say that it can be called an Americanime (American cartoon made in anime style, like Avatar: The Last Airbender).

Started watching it too thanks to Youtube's Geek week. I really like Ruby and her gun scythe.  :3

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Randam Saiko

Quote from: The Gedge on 2013 Aug 08, 18:13:30
Lovely Complex, Nodame Cantabire, Death Note or Elfen Lied.
Lovely Complex and Nodame Cantabire are really funny, and if I had to choose between those two I'd go Lovely Complex.
Death Note and Elfen Lied are both really dark, serious and kind of emotional/psychological, so I can't compare them with the first two. I think Death Note is slightly better than Elfen Lied though.

Just noticed that I am literally the only person to suggest the above  :I

Death Note = Never ending suspense and cliff hangers. It's hard not to watch it all in 4 days.
Elfen Lied = One of the Saddest animes ever. And the gore in that show is just complete overkill.

But Higurashi is still my favorite  <3

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

narwhaliagames

sgt. bucking frog why did they have to stop making dubs for it...whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy D: DD:
ay i'm no longer using this site

Colonel J

Im gonna bring up an old anime, which is still my favorite.
Dragon Ball Z  B)  :3
Gooo Rainbow Dash! :3

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Aug 09, 13:50:56
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Aug 06, 09:13:16
So far, RWBY is pretty cool. Though, it depends on whether or not you'd define it as an anime. It's being made in Texas, in a 3D program called Poser Pro 2014, but it's in anime style. So, I guess it depends on whether or not you define anime as in location or anime as in the style.

Either way, I think it's safe to say that it can be called an Americanime (American cartoon made in anime style, like Avatar: The Last Airbender).
Spoiler: show

Started watching it too thanks to Youtube's Geek week. I really like Ruby and her gun scythe.  :3

You can watch the newest episodes on RoosterTeeth's website (roosterteeth.com). :3 Episodes 3 and 4 are on there right now, and I don't think 3 has been posted to Youtube yet.
They post a new episode every Thursday at 7 PM, CST.

I wanna post one of the four trailers, but it's hard to figure out which one would be safest and wouldn't break any rules.
Red - Ruby fights werewolves and cuts some of them into pieces, not to mention her scythe is also a high caliber gun. She shoots some of them, but mainly uses the gun to propel her scythe.
White - Pretty safe, actually. Weiss fights a giant suit of armor. The only problems are that she's actually using her rapier, and she gets cut.
Black - Pretty safe, as well. Blake and Adam fight robots. Though, they're using swords, part of Blake's sword turns into a combination gun chain-scythe, and the sheath for Adam's sword is a rifle.
Yellow - Well... Yang walks into a club and goes straight to the bar. She hurts a man in a bad place. Her gauntlets are basically gun gauntlets, so she pretty much fist fights people, using the guns to propel her.

At this point, I think the safest is the intro sequence. :P The only person on Youtube who's managed to upload the intro sequence was able to simply because they put the intro in a smaller rectangle in the video and had a background going on behind it.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Night Pony

Yeah I watched everything on their site, though I didn't know when they post new episodes.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Aug 10, 06:46:13
Yeah I watched everything on their site, though I didn't know when they post new episodes.

So you probably watched the trailers too, huh? They're frickin awesome. :3 They definitely show off Monty's fight animation skills.

I flipped when I rewatched the trailers after I saw episode 1! It turns out that the first time Roman Torchwick (the orange-haired guy in episode 1) is seen, is actually in the Yellow trailer, for just a second! Though, I had only noted his goons as looking familiar.
They've already started selling music from the series, including the trailers, on iTunes, and you can listen to 'em here.

Night Pony

2013 Aug 10, 09:23:32 #49 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 10, 09:48:42 by Night Pony
I must rewatch them after getting back from vacation.

p.s. I have found the music from the opening and the red trailer but alas I have no way to buy it digitally.  :c

Chishio Kunrin

This makes it even more fun. ovO

Full Potato Alchemist: Brotherhood!
Or perhaps Full Metal Alchemist: Potatohood.

GoldenTerrabyte

Potatoes Basket (Fruits Basket)
Potato Girl (Squid Girl)
Combat Potato (Combat Butler)
Potato Beats (Angel Beats)
I can't think of one for Hetalia.
I'm back

f4t413rr0r

2013 Aug 12, 13:35:51 #52 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 12, 13:44:07 by f4t413rr0r
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Aug 12, 12:13:01
Potato Girl (Squid Girl)

Since it's just one word, wouldn't it just be... "Potato"?

Well, unless you're going off "Hetalia: Axis Powers", in which case you have 4 options:

"Potato: Axis Powers"

"Hetalia: Potato Powers"

"Hetalia: Axis Potatoes"

And if you're indecisive,

"Potato: Potato Potatoes"

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: f4t413rr0r on 2013 Aug 12, 13:35:51
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Aug 12, 12:13:01
Potato Girl (Squid Girl)

Since it's just one word, wouldn't it just be... "Potato"?

Well, unless you're going off "Hetalia: Axis Powers", in which case you have 4 options:

"Potato: Axis Powers"

"Hetalia: Potato Powers"

"Hetalia: Axis Potatoes"

And if you're indecisive,

"Potato: Potato Potatoes"

Potato powers ftw. ovO

Madame Red

Hm... Hard to pick a FAVORITE one...
Maybe Ouran High School Host Club?
Or rather...
Potato High School Potato Club...  :P

[glow=red,2,300]I love you all...[/glow]

narwhaliagames

ay i'm no longer using this site

Randam Saiko

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs