LoE Launcher not Updating

Started by Scarlet_Quill, 2018 Aug 12, 12:57:23

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Scarlet_Quill

Is anyone else having difficulties getting the newest version of the game? For some reason when I run LoE Launcher it speeds right on through, thinking that my copy is up to date, but when I log in it says I have to still update it. Am I doing something wrong here or am I facing some sort of glitch?

Lili5510

I have the same issue! Right now I'm attempting to download the "update" manually, if that won't resolve the issue then we need to find what file the game data is stored in! Maybe deleting that will resolve the issue!

Lili5510

If there is an external folder that is...

Scarlet_Quill

I'm definitely a little hesitant to go mucking in the files just in case I accidentally delete something important so I might just wait for a fix, if it's a common problem.

Lili5510

Downloading the update manually fixed the problem for me. Although I'm receiving many server crashes, I'm sure these problems will be resolved soon.

Cogsworth Wingthrop

I have never had a problem doing a manual update. The launcher used to not work for me at all, then one day I checked it and it worked. This is the first update i have tried to use it with. Now it is also not doing the update.
Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more. Nikola Tesla

My other alt. Knight Ranger, aspiring Lunar Guard  Bat Pony

Omega Inferno

For me, when I downloaded the launcher, it didn't work, saying it wasn't up to date. But when I downloaded the Windows x64, I was able to launch it just fine without the launcher. I assume these are two different things but not sure what? Lol..

Cogsworth Wingthrop

Yes two things. The Windows x64 is the game, the launcher is supposed to check for and install updates and start the game.

Funny thing is now the launcher is starting the old version that I deleted. The new version I have to start with the .exe file.
Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more. Nikola Tesla

My other alt. Knight Ranger, aspiring Lunar Guard  Bat Pony

Chocolate Munchies

Are there any instructions on how to update manually? I'm not seeing any way to actually do that.

Chocolate Munchies

Nevermind, I think I worked it out. I downloaded the LOE zip file and just replaced my version with that. Running the update installer just seems to reinstall the old version, though.

Even Tide

I would suggest downloading the standalone version of the game and running it through that instead. If things don't work through that, try deleting your LOE data files, clear out your appdata, then attempt the standalone again

Omega Inferno

Quote from: Cogsworth Wingthrop on 2018 Aug 12, 20:36:31Yes two things. The Windows x64 is the game, the launcher is supposed to check for and install updates and start the game.

Funny thing is now the launcher is starting the old version that I deleted. The new version I have to start with the .exe file.

That's what I kinda figured, it's bizarre that it's trying to run the old version.. I'd assume we could change that in maybe a text file, or maybe have it go to the game file and run it that way? But I haven't really dug in the files quite yet.

Quote from: Goomie on 2018 Aug 13, 07:56:29I would suggest downloading the standalone version of the game and running it through that instead. If things don't work through that, try deleting your LOE data files, clear out your appdata, then attempt the standalone again

That's what worked for me! Sadly I'm getting Server Listing errors that prevent me from playing the game..

Even Tide

@Omega Inferno
Not sure what's up with that. It could either be the servers themselves being screwy, or one of the files are buggy... Give it an hour or few and try it again, if it doesn't work after that then I'd double check with the devs.

Go Up