Favorite animated movies?

Started by Rissian, 2012 Aug 04, 01:03:23

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rissian

2012 Aug 04, 01:03:23 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 04, 01:44:34 by Trege
After a random topic of favorite childhood movies on the IRC room a week or so ago I thought I'd try opening a thread about favorite animated movies on the forum. Whether you grew up on the movies or found recent ones what's some of your favorite animated movies?

My top 5 would have to be some old ones that I watched while growing up and some good ones I found a few years ago.

edit :
(revised list.)
#12 Howl's Moving Castle.
#11 Mulan
#10 Whisper of Heart
#9 Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
#8 Lady and the Tramp 1-2
#7 Aladdin
#6 Oliver & Company
#5 Pokémon: The First Movie.
#4 The Land Before Time Movies 1-8. (Classic movies I watched a lot in the 1990s/2001)
#3 The Fox and the Hound.
#2 Kiki's Delivery Service
#1 Castle in the Sky.
---------------------------------
I have more movies that I like but I can't think of them right off the bat yet.

(I'm a pretty big Hayao Miyazaki fan so I like almost all of his movies.)

lurk852

Yeah, Miyazaki's awesome. I've only seen four of his movies, but they were all great, particularly Princess Mononoke.

Outside of that and Disney - I'm a fan of Aladdin - I haven't seen many animated movies. Unless you count End of Evangelion, which was great, but also wasn't a stand-alone movie as much as it was an ending to a TV show.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Chishio Kunrin

- Mulan. :D
- Lady and the Tramp
- Bleach: Memories of Nobody
- Bleach: The DiamondDust Rebellion

ffffffff I don't know! D: I can't remember most of the animated movies I've seen! I have a bunch of live-action favorites, though.

I'd have to actually go physically stare at every single one of my movies to figure it out and remember, but I'm too lazy to right now. :\

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

2012 Aug 04, 01:32:15 #3 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 04, 03:51:52 by Trege
I can't believe I forgot about Mulan I loved that movie I even made a parody joke video with the main song of the show.  ovO

(I need to revise my list I also liked Lady and the Tramp 1 & 2 as well and a few others I may have a top 10 now if my mind can recall the movies.)

I've seen around 5 or so of the Miyazaki movies, I need to look for more but I've liked the ones I've seen so the others I will probably like as well.

Oliver and friends was another good movie. *starts revising list*

And Aladdin the genie was awesome in that movie.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 04, 01:32:15
I can't believe I forgot about Mulan I loved that movie I even made a parody joke video with the main song of the show.  ovO

(I need to revise my list I also liked Lady and the Tramp 1 & 2 as well and a few others I may have a top 10 now if my mind can recall the movies.)

Oliver and friends was another good movie. *starts revising list*

Oh yeah, there was an awesome Lady and the Tramp sequel! I loved both, but the 2nd one was probably more awesome.

SQUEEEE Oliver and Company! I forgot about that one too! Even though I posted a freaking picture I found of Rarity that parodied the poodle from Oliver and Company a few days ago.

Rissian

I have the urge to re-watch some of these movies now and I may end up doing that.  ovO

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 04, 01:48:49
I have the urge to re-watch some of these movies now and I may end up doing that.  ovO

Me too. :3 For me, Oliver and Company, then Lady and the Tramp, then Mulan. I don't have Lady and the Tramp 2, so that makes me sad. I'ma try to buy it.

"Why should I worry? Why should I care?" somethingsomething "I've got street savoir faire!"

Rissian

That quote sounds familiar some of these movies I haven't watched in years though.

I'll probably watch Mulan first if I can find the DVD, in the house then Castle in the Sky and maybe a few more if I can find them in my abyss of a closet most of the ones I have are still on VHS so finding where they were stored won't be easy if they are still around the house that is.  :c

(I think some of them were given away to my nephew, I could resort to youtube if I had to though if I can't find our VHS's man I should just buy the DVDs or something since VHS is so old.)

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 04, 02:37:47
That quote sounds familiar some of these movies I haven't watched in years though.

I'll probably watch Mulan first if I can find the DVD, in the house then Castle in the Sky and maybe a few more if I can find them in my abyss of a closet most of the ones I have are still on VHS so finding where they were stored won't be easy if they are still around the house that is.  :c

(I think some of them were given away to my nephew, I could resort to youtube if I had to though if I can't find our VHS's man I should just buy the DVDs or something since VHS is so old.)

One of the songs sang in Oliver and Company.

And yeah, one time, when my VCR/DVD player combo wasn't plugged in, I ended up finding Mulan on Youtube and watching it there. I was pretty surprised I actually found it there. And actually, I found it on accident. I was watching a bunch of videos of the songs, and then I was like "I wanna watch the movie nowww... DD:" Then, I saw a video of part of the movie and thought "Hello.~"

Sea Foam

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Book Smarts

Spirited Away
Ponyo
Mulan
Disneys Robin Hood
Fantasia

Just to name a few

PrincessParfait

1. Lion King
2. Prince of Egypt
3. Anastasia
4. Beauty And the Beast
5. Cinderella
6. Spirited Away.
7.How to Train your Dragon
8.The girl Who Left Through Time
9. Lilo and Stitch
10. Howl's Moving Castle
o 3 o

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 04, 02:48:44
One of the songs sang in Oliver and Company.

And yeah, one time, when my VCR/DVD player combo wasn't plugged in, I ended up finding Mulan on Youtube and watching it there. I was pretty surprised I actually found it there. And actually, I found it on accident. I was watching a bunch of videos of the songs, and then I was like "I wanna watch the movie nowww... DD:" Then, I saw a video of part of the movie and thought "Hello.~"

Sadly the only movies I could find in the house were Castle in the Sky and Fox and the Hound.  :c (Youtube also lacked Mulan they must have removed it recently.)

Castle in the sky was great to watch again after a few years.

(I'm going to have to start buying some DVDs now the movies are probably pretty cheap on amazon nowadays unless theres a dramatic lack of stock for them or something.)

LaptopCommandStation

The aristocats!  Loved that movie as a child and love it now.  Even showed it to my niece and nephew and they both love it too. 
I'm also a fan of lady and the tramp, and now i'm a little fond of the Cars 1, mainly because of the soundtrack.

PrincessButton

Where do I even start??? There are sooooo many.  :o
I definitely can't put them in order.. but here are a few I love.
-Princess and the Frog
-Lion King
-Aladdin
-Anastasia
-Coraline
-Aristocats

There are more, but trying to list off the top of my head is hard. :s
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Chishio Kunrin

Balto! I forgot Balto! <3 And also A Goofy Movie! lol It was kinda weird to watch it for the first time in years while in high school. I realized how many things I didn't understand as a child in that movie.

And The Aristocats.

Rissian

Yeah I noticed that as well re-watching some old movies you notice or pick up a lot of things in the story you didn't notice as a kid it was actually kind of interesting.

(And I loved balto I watched balto 1-3 great movies, my favorite movies are talking animal ones.)

Stitchin Time

-Damm near, if not all, the old Disney movies
-Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron
-Original MLP movies since no FiM ones

PrincessButton

Oh yes!! Balto and Spirit!!  :D
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 05, 00:14:04
Yeah I noticed that as well re-watching some old movies you notice or pick up a lot of things in the story you didn't notice as a kid it was actually kind of interesting.

(And I loved balto I watched balto 1-3 great movies, my favorite movies are talking animal ones.)

I even mean adult stuff. Also, considering I used to watch A Goofy Movie a lot when I was a kid, I didn't understand a lot of the stuff in the movie because the main character Max was a teenager who just graduated high school. It wasn't until high school when I finally understood. lol

That, and Max's principal mentioned the "electric chair." I didn't know what that was as a kid, and I didn't know it meant death penalty. o.O Man, I love old 90s Disney movies. Good for all ages.

Go Up