Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Sep 28, 19:46:36
what about those guys who sag and wear those really tiny tank tops.

Which is also against school policy.

I think the problem here is the stupid excuse that faculty give to girls that show up underdressed. "It might distract the boys." Or in other words "It's the boys' fault you can't wear what you want." Obviously that's going to create animosity.

Truth is that's not the real reason, schools just expect their students to dress in a dignified way, sex has nothing to do with it. Does your school let boys show up shirtless, or wearing speedos? I sincerely doubt it. Difference is if a boy shows up dressed like that they won't be told "It might distract the girls." They'll be told "That's disgusting! Go home and get dressed, no one wants to see that!"

Little Star

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 28, 19:50:50
Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Sep 28, 19:46:36
what about those guys who sag and wear those really tiny tank tops.

Which is also against school policy.

I think the problem here is the stupid excuse that faculty give to girls that show up underdressed. "It might distract the boys." Or in other words "It's the boys' fault you can't wear what you want." Obviously that's going to create animosity.

Truth is that's not the real reason, schools just expect their students to dress in a dignified way, sex has nothing to do with it. Does your school let boys show up shirtless, or wearing speedos? I sincerely doubt it. Difference is if a boy shows up dressed like that they won't be told "It might distract the girls." They'll be told "That's disgusting! Go home and get dressed, no one wants to see that!"

I think I agree with you for once.  lol

Firey

It seems that I don't even know how to meet people to make friends with them and stuff.

You see, I'm trying to open-up on this Aussie Brony forum so that maybe I could make friends
with some peeps at the meets and stuff.
But it looks like you have to be like a Pinkie Pie because I'm trying come-up with a casual approach but noone really talks back I guess...Iunno what to do.
I can't stand being alone and all.
uuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

And unfortunately I always have this awkward approach online...like...that seems to make people really uncomfortable when I talk to them....sooo uh....I guess I'm kinda doomed?   >.<
The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Firey on 2014 Sep 28, 20:35:53
It seems that I don't even know how to meet people to make friends with them and stuff.

You see, I'm trying to open-up on this Aussie Brony forum so that maybe I could make friends
But it looks like you have to be like a Pinkie Pie because I'm trying come-up with a casual approach but noone really talks back I guess...Iunno what to do.

And unfortunately I always have this awkward approach online...like...that seems to make people really uncomfortable when I talk to them....sooo uh....I guess I'm kinda doomed?   >.<

Just 3 years ago I was the same way. You might want to consider talking to a doctor about it. If you have a social anxiety problem you get get anti-anxiety meds to alleviate the problem and give you the confidence to seek out social interaction. That was the push I needed. Now I've learned social skills and no longer need them. Essentially it cured me.

Randam Saiko

You'll develop a tolerance to social interaction and the anxiety will reduce the more you're exposed to it.

I'm having back problems...again.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

GreenTab

Or you'll just get used to be alone most of the time, like 90% of the time, the other 10% you will feel comfortable talking to your shadow, pills not always help, at least not me

Nuserame

Quote from: Firey on 2014 Sep 28, 20:35:53

Ahem, that aside, message boards aren't the best place for making friends. Its more of a discussion platform than something for a friendly conversation.

Not to mention it also suffers from the internet-wide phenomenon where the amount of response is proportional to the amount of controversy.

If its just about getting a response then being nuanced, elaborate and rational is not the way to go. The best is to either go for the extreme end of a controversial opinion (which you will state as fact), pack it up in a few lines, avoid long words and shuffle a witty joke in there somewhere. Animated .gif not mandatory but recommended.

Alternately you can aim for the opposite of the highly controversial opinion! It has to be something obvious that 99% of the userbase agrees with, but still gets all riled up about. Like, 'punching Fluttershy is mean!' or 'Flash Sentry had the worst lines in MLP!'. Include reference to person holding the controversial opinion in question for bonus effect.

And anyone still reading will probably think: But Nuserame, wont this lead to vapid, meaningless shouting matches with no end resolution and both sides being all the more polarized? Yes reader, yes it will. Which is why I shun the larger message boards and which is why you should not follow any of my nonsense above if you want to make a meaningful contribution to a discussion and maybe even enlighten someone.

And also why this fits great with the 'Dumb things that annoy you' thread.

Anyhow, back off-topic. The best way to NOT make friends is by not getting noticed. You don't have to be a pink ball of sugar-fueled energy, but you will at some point have to start and maintain a conversation. Which is not easy, conversations are massively complicated things, but find someone you share a common interest with and eventually things become easier. And if things get really bad as mentioned above, see a professional. They have seen thousands of socially awkward folks, even if you don't need medication they can have some very useful advice.

Quote from: GreenTab on 2014 Sep 29, 02:09:43
Or you'll just get used to be alone most of the time, like 90% of the time, the other 10% you will feel comfortable talking to your shadow, pills not always help, at least not me

Lastly, nothing like talking to your shadow, mine may not say much but he sure has that intelligent and thoughtful silhouette!
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Midnight Breeze

Morbidly obese people with no other physical disability who ride the scooters at grocery stores. If you're extremely overweight then the last thing you need to do cut out the bare minimum exercise you get in your life - walking. When I was 19 I worked at a Brookshire's grocery store, and there was always this Fat Albert guy who would use the scooters every time he came in, which was several times a week. Now this is a small town grocery store, so we only had 2 scooters. On a few occasions we had genuinely disabled old people have to wait for a scooter because of him.

Heck, one day after he had been riding around for 20 odd minutes and had the basket full of stuff, I saw him inching around a corner at a foot an hour. Figuring the battery was out of juice, he summoned me over and asked me to get the other scooter. I rode the other one over to him and he switched over, then I got on the 'dead' one and guess what? I zoomed down the aisle no problem. There was nothing wrong with the scooter, it just couldn't take 350 pounds of dude plus 30 pounds of food.

Oh, and no reward for guessing what his basket was full of. Yep, cookies, potato chips, snack cakes, ice cream, ect. Not a veggie in sight.

MrEmu

2014 Sep 30, 02:09:58 #14228 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 30, 02:21:36 by MrEmu
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 29, 22:42:37
Morbidly obese people with no other physical disability who ride the scooters at grocery stores. If you're extremely overweight then the last thing you need to do cut out the bare minimum exercise you get in your life - walking. When I was 19 I worked at a Brookshire's grocery store, and there was always this Fat Albert guy who would use the scooters every time he came in, which was several times a week. Now this is a small town grocery store, so we only had 2 scooters. On a few occasions we had genuinely disabled old people have to wait for a scooter because of him.

Heck, one day after he had been riding around for 20 odd minutes and had the basket full of stuff, I saw him inching around a corner at a foot an hour. Figuring the battery was out of juice, he summoned me over and asked me to get the other scooter. I rode the other one over to him and he switched over, then I got on the 'dead' one and guess what? I zoomed down the aisle no problem. There was nothing wrong with the scooter, it just couldn't take 350 pounds of dude plus 30 pounds of food.

Oh, and no reward for guessing what his basket was full of. Yep, cookies, potato chips, snack cakes, ice cream, ect. Not a veggie in sight.
OhMiGosh...
This is so funny! X3
I'v seen things like this before, Like one time I saw this car sagging to the left side driving REEAALLLLYY slow...and sitting in the left seat in the back of the car was this huge guy...eating chips... :/

Losing the most important thing in my life isn't that fun at all...
It'll be back soon...but not soon enough... :'(

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Sep 30, 07:50:04 #14229 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 30, 09:18:07 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 29, 22:42:37

Or how about teenagers or people in their 20s who have absolutely nothing wrong with them riding the scooters "because it's fun."
If you have nothing wrong with you and you just took the last scooter on a day where my mother's pain is particularly bad, I ought to have a stern word with you! :/

If you want to have a fun time at the grocery store, don't take the scooter. Do what young'ens used to do: Put enough groceries in your cart for it to support your weight, and then stand on it and push yourself forward to ride on it. Though, be careful and responsible about it. I do. I only ride the cart when there's open space ahead of me, and I make sure to start slowing down early enough to stop myself from crashing into something or speeding out of the aisle.
You can get your kicks without taking resources from the physically disabled.

Post Merge

Someone seriously said they don't think RWBY looks anything like an anime.
Spoiler: RWBY... • show

Spoiler: doesn't look... • show

Spoiler: anything like... • show

Spoiler: an anime?? • show

"You just activated my trap card!" No, really. She said that.

Their reasoning? Nobody has bizarre spiky hair, and there are barely any instances of unnatural hair color or eye color. *Facepalm*
First of all, weirdly-colored spiky hair and strangely-colored eyes does not an anime make. There's more to it than that! The art style for the eyes and faces in RWBY is definitely anime style.
Secondly... barely any instances of unnatural hair color or eye color? *AHEHEHEM*
Spoiler: Eye colors • show

Spoiler: Pink • show

Spoiler: Volume 2 spoiler-ish • show

Spoiler: Purple • show

Spoiler: Yellow • show

Spoiler: Red • show

You probably noticed a couple unnatural hair colors in there, right? Yeahhhhh, there are more.
Spoiler: Hair colors • show

Spoiler: Green • show

Spoiler: Silver, even though he's either in his late teens or early 20s • show

Spoiler: Blue • show

Spoiler: Three freaking colors in the volume 2 slightly somewhat spoiler-ish I guess character • show

Not to mention that many of the characters whose eyes are natural colors have unnatural shades of those colors.
And then there's the fact that the animators have occasionally used anime style expressions.
Spoiler: The most recent examples: "Waterfall tears," big white circle eyes, and the blue vertical lines • show

*Siiigh* If you're going to say something like that, make sure you actually pay attention to everything first. I dunno, maybe they've never watched anime before and all they know about it is from glimpses of mainstream anime like Bleach, Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, and Pokemon.
Though, they also said that the characters' eyes in RWBY are only slightly larger than real life eyes. Uhhh...
Spoiler: show

The guys' eyes, maybe, but the girls'? If your eyes are about as big as that, you really need to see a doctor.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Dark Hooves

oh how i HATE my current job, but i have nothing else as of yet so I have to work at the place i hate until i find a job elsewhere
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

DawnsEmbrace

2014 Sep 30, 13:04:08 #14231 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 30, 14:23:53 by DawnsEmbrace
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Sep 30, 07:50:04
Spoiler: Red • show

o_O

[Spoiler=Megaman Legends 2][/spoiler]
Sera, what are you doing in RWBY?
<br />

cloudwilk

Quote from: Dark Hooves on 2014 Sep 30, 09:49:35
oh how i HATE my current job, but i have nothing else as of yet so I have to work at the place i hate until i find a job elsewhere

I'm annoyed with not having a job T.T

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Dark Hooves

i am even more aggravated now than i was before, this job out right sucks and I am tired of it, I WANT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

MrEmu

2014 Sep 30, 15:21:03 #14234 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 30, 15:24:06 by MrEmu
Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Sep 30, 02:09:58
Losing the most important thing in my life isn't that fun at all...
It'll be back soon...but not soon enough... :'(

To add to this...
When you're losing it, BUT reminders are everywhere in your life so you can't just distract yourself and try to cheer up...

I'm reminded so much that I can't cheer up for even a second...
I'm basically sad 24/7 now...and this'll last quite a long time I fear...

Midnight Breeze

I was already extremely http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules.ed off because I took unpaid time off work today to go to MEPS, but now I'm being held up in bureaucratic BS and can't go. Then when I was driving back from my recruiter some dingaling in a piece of junk jalopy cut me off and proceeded to drive at 20 MPH in a 50 MPH zone. Naturally, I blew my horn at him and his response was to stick his hand out the window and flip me off. I then proceeded to swerve around him and shoot the bird right back at him on the way by.

By God, I wish I hadn't done that. The last thing I need in my life right now is a road rage charge.

Ramisha

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Oct 01, 14:36:41
I then proceeded to swerve around him and shoot the bird right back at him on the way by.

NO! You should be happy. Justice has been served.
Batman would be proud of you.

Midnight Breeze

When I'm clearly upset and agitated, and everyone is trying to joke around with me or make me laugh in an apparent attempt to cheer me up.

Look, it's like this - I realize you're just trying to help, but when I'm deeply upset about something and you're joking around, it gives the impression that you aren't taking my being upset seriously, which will only make me more angry. When I'm angry, the best thing you can do for me is leave me alone and give me time to cool off. And when I'm sad, please don't follow me around pestering me to talk about it. Maybe that helps you, but I'm different, I recover from sadness by sulking it out on my own. If you want to help me instead of adding to the problem, then listen to me! When I say "I don't want to talk about it" I mean it. Kindly respect that, will you?

Randam Saiko

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Oct 01, 20:21:04
When I'm clearly upset and agitated, and everyone is trying to joke around with me or make me laugh in an apparent attempt to cheer me up.

Look, it's like this - I realize you're just trying to help, but when I'm deeply upset about something and you're joking around, it gives the impression that you aren't taking my being upset seriously, which will only make me more angry. When I'm angry, the best thing you can do for me is leave me alone and give me time to cool off. And when I'm sad, please don't follow me around pestering me to talk about it. Maybe that helps you, but I'm different, I recover from sadness by sulking it out on my own. If you want to help me instead of adding to the problem, then listen to me! When I say "I don't want to talk about it" I mean it. Kindly respect that, will you?

All. Of. My. Yes.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

MrEmu

So true...
When I say "I don't want to talk about it" I mean it. Kindly respect that, will you?

I'm the exact opposite, I deal with my problems by talking to my friends about it.
Buuut with me I never have the right people asking...
I just get the annoying people asking...
And all the people who I want to ask me are busy... :s

Go Up