Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Spoiler: show
Quote from: Rissian on 2015 Jul 12, 02:59:52
Just because someone hasn't ever received welfare doesn't mean they're privileged, people work for their jobs and not all jobs get rid of you once you turn 40 because different people from different places offer those jobs and not everyone thinks someone is useless after they reach 40.

Most posts you seem to make are satire insults to people of different groups, simply because they're not in the same slump. Life isn't fair and just complaining about it all the time and insulting others is not how you get farther in it. People work for what they do have so they don't have to get welfare and leech off a system designed for people who can't work. According to you these people are privileged though, and yes there are many people who even if they barely get by refuse welfare so that other people who actually need it can get it with less problems. Lord forbid someone have good intentions suffer for those intentions and be labeled privileged because of it.  :l

My family is in that group, we refuse welfare and some days we got by simply by eating rice or other minuscule nutrient food like packaged ramen which was not healthy to eat. We may be doing better for now but we've had debt issues before and anything can cause them again.

You completely misinterpreted the point of that comment...which I clarified in the very next line. I wasn't suggesting that employers just randomly fire people when they hit 40. Why on Earth would I think that? That would not only be incredibly bad business practice, it would be illegal age discrimination. The point is if you're over 40 and have never once been eligible for public assistance of any kind then it means you've made it through the majority of your working life with nary a hiccup. You've never once lost your job or ended up with crushing medical expenses or endured unaffordable rent spikes that forced you to seek outside help. Have you got any idea what a miniscule percentage of the population can say that?

The point was that people who have never run into any serious hurdles in life need to quit looking down their noses on those that are temporarily down on their luck in a way they've never been. If you're going to criticize my post, then at least criticize it for a point I'm actually making.

Lync Volan

Why don't these glasses work!
i rested my eyes for awhile now and they still hurt but its the only advice i'm getting :l

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jul 12, 12:35:08

Quote from: Rissian on 2015 Jul 12, 02:59:52

Let's not let this get heated, guys.

It's kind of annoying when a video's thumbnail shows spoilers, especially when it's one of those thumbnails where you know that the person who uploaded the video made the thumbnail themselves. I'm watching a Let's Play of Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, and I've had to switch the Youtube player to theater mode, so I can keep my eyes from wandering over to the playlist I'm watching, so I'm less likely to see spoiler thumbnails.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jul 12, 12:35:08
Spoiler: show
[spoiler]

You completely misinterpreted the point of that comment...which I clarified in the very next line. I wasn't suggesting that employers just randomly fire people when they hit 40. Why on Earth would I think that? That would not only be incredibly bad business practice, it would be illegal age discrimination. The point is if you're over 40 and have never once been eligible for public assistance of any kind then it means you've made it through the majority of your working life with nary a hiccup. You've never once lost your job or ended up with crushing medical expenses or endured unaffordable rent spikes that forced you to seek outside help. Have you got any idea what a miniscule percentage of the population can say that?

The point was that people who have never run into any serious hurdles in life need to quit looking down their noses on those that are temporarily down on their luck in a way they've never been. If you're going to criticize my post, then at least criticize it for a point I'm actually making.[/spoiler]

I think part of the reason I misinterpreted what you said was because the of the word "Privileged" Despite the dictionary meanings of the word people usually use privileged to mean something given freely to someone and or not worked for.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/privilege

Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part.

Greyscaleisme

I haven't spent more than three hours at my house in as many days. I'm so tired...
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Chromastone64

2015 Jul 13, 07:17:10 #16605 Last Edit: 2015 Jul 13, 10:26:43 by Chromastone64
R.I.P, Satoru Iwata. I wish I appreciated you more...... :c
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Lync Volan

Ugh! stahp reminding me of how i did not accomplish anything DD:!
Spoiler: Go away Tumblr DX • show

Ryo_D_Disk

wanting to start a conversation, then havnig to put it on hold along with everything else because someone wants something, and by the time you return you can't continue the conversation because its moved on and then it's a case of sit there and wait only for the cycle to repeat (yes this is the reason I don't talk in the chatbox as much as I used to )

Lync Volan

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2015 Jul 13, 10:44:24
wanting to start a conversation, then havnig to put it on hold along with everything else because someone wants something, and by the time you return you can't continue the conversation because its moved on and then it's a case of sit there and wait only for the cycle to repeat (yes this is the reason I don't talk in the chatbox as much as I used to )
I have been avoiding the chat box cause i seem to have spent whole days on it instead of finishing video games i bought or photo editing the things requested of me lol

Pipkin

Threw out my back within the first 10 minutes of my nine hour shift. Someone says i have a herniated disc, and it hurts pretty decently, especially when your job involves lifting 50-90 lb boxes all day.
This will be a long day....

Invultrois

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2015 Jul 13, 12:32:20
Threw out my back within the first 10 minutes of my nine hour shift. Someone says i have a herniated disc, and it hurts pretty decently, especially when your job involves lifting 50-90 lb boxes all day.
This will be a long day....

Ouch, hope you get well soon Laptop, i know how slipped disc feels like, even laying down to sleep hurts.

Gesundheit mate.

On the other hand i am deeply annoyed when people acts "mature" or saying "am i the oldest one here?"  to make themselves feel "higher" than others. :I

Lync Volan

Quote from: Invultrois on 2015 Jul 13, 12:57:51
On the other hand i am deeply annoyed when people acts "mature" or saying "am i the oldest one here?"  to make themselves feel "higher" than others. :I
i am annoyed when young peeps try to grow up too fast not knowing how lucky they have it at the moment and when other's think there so much better then you cause there older

Well! good for you! ya aged more then me physically but what exactly have you done to be so great?   

Midnight Breeze

I remember the first time in my life I ever felt old. It was when I went to take my ACT exam....at age 20. Everyone else there was 15-17.

...and it just went downhill from there.  ono Just turned 24 yesterday, still feel 16.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jul 13, 14:15:37
I remember the first time in my life I ever felt old. It was when I went to take my ACT exam....at age 20. Everyone else there was 15-17.

...and it just went downhill from there.  ono Just turned 24 yesterday, still feel 16.
Happy belated birthday, man. *sends virtual cupcakes* It's how young you feel that matters. :]
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Invultrois on 2015 Jul 13, 12:57:51

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Jul 13, 14:00:12
i am annoyed when young peeps try to grow up too fast not knowing how lucky they have it at the moment and when other's think there so much better then you cause there older

Well! good for you! ya aged more then me physically but what exactly have you done to be so great?

"Pfft, aren't you too old to play video games and watch cartoons? I am! Grow up!"
Good for youuuu, you're apparently too old to have fun! But you know what? I'M NOT! I'll play video games and watch cartoons all I want, yah big stick in the mud! Have fun getting stressed more easily than me! ovO

Though, it's a bit different with people older than teen or 20s. Then, it's like
"Y'know, there are cartoons that are mature enough and well-written and amusing enough for the entire family to enjoy watching. And not all video games are for kids. Why do you think there are video games that're rated T for Teen or M for Mature? You have to be 18 or older to buy an M Rated game."

At least teens and people in their 20s have grown up with video games and should be able to remember that not all video games are for kids, but there are older people who think it's okay to buy an M Rated game for a 12-year-old because "It's a video game, of course it's for young kids!"
*Ahem* Sir or Madam, GTA5 is not okay for 10 to 12-year-olds.

LostSanity

What's this?

Equestrian Dreamers uploaded YouTube videos?

Well they can't block comments there. So I channeled my inner "CM Punk" and commented.

Not that it will do any good though. Not after everything that happened and how they treated me. At least I have some sort of relief in the since that I was able to say what has been obvious for almost 9 months now.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Jul 13, 16:30:47
*Ahem* Sir or Madam, GTA5 is not okay for 10 to 12-year-olds.
I think i played a GTA game when i was like 10 years old but my dad did take away Smash bros cause he thought i was too young for it since it was labeled "teen" i'd sneak upstairs just to find the game since it was one of my favorites at the time when i only owned a Gamecube & Nintendo Entertainment system

on another note, i really don't like being called a jerk for speaking my mind and being completely honest, sometimes when that happens its hard to understand what i did that could be "Jerky" and there like "YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID" uhm NO I DON'T! if i did i would not be asking lol

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Jul 13, 19:15:07
I think i played a GTA game when i was like 10 years old but my dad did take away Smash bros cause he thought i was too young for it since it was labeled "teen" i'd sneak upstairs just to find the game since it was one of my favorites at the time when i only owned a Gamecube & Nintendo Entertainment system

GTA5 has something in it that's far more adult and mature than other GTA games I've seen, so I tend to single out GTA5. It's worse than your standard mindless violence, adult language, and dirty jokes.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Jul 13, 22:44:22
GTA5 has something in it that's far more adult and mature than other GTA games I've seen, so I tend to single out GTA5. It's worse than your standard mindless violence, adult language, and dirty jokes.
i wouldn't have guessed, i don't follow GTA, the only reason i had a GTA game was cause it came in a pack of games on Ebay i think

Stardust Dragon

Just heard of a story that really irritated me: a man about to watch a live theatrical production, ON BROADWAY, realizes his phone is about to die.  So what does he do?  He jumps on stage and plugs it into an outlet on the set.  OF COURSE!

Wha...bu...I don't... :facehoof:

As someone going to school to work in a theater, I feel quite qualified to explain how many ways of stupid this is.  First, breaking audience immersion.  Second, breaking the stage manager's mind with your idiocy.  Third, charging your phone DURING a show, when it should be off.  Not silent, OFF.  Fourth, that outlet isn't even wired, and/or it's very strictly controlled power-wise, so don't expect to get a good charge out of that.  Fifth, in relation to point the second, you just disturbed and disrespected the entire cast, crew, and audience in that building, all with a single move.  Good job!

I'd go on, and post a link to the news story, but both lead to some language not suited for this site.  At least the stage company was able to make fun of this incident on Twitter, becasue I'm going to be slamming my head into my keyboard for the next hour trying to figure this guy out...

Go Up