Obligatory Smash Bros. Topic

Started by Spencer the Pegasus Guard, 2013 Jun 13, 12:44:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KirbyFluttershy

2015 Feb 10, 15:17:55 #760 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 10, 15:25:02 by KirbyFluttershy
Quote from: Jenzy on 2015 Feb 10, 01:58:20
That's ShareStock. Wasn't that already there to begin with? Never did try that on the 3DS version though since I didn't really have many Team Battles. Nice to hear the CPUs are balanced with both systems now (I can beat any Lv. 9s on either system anyway). Though I'm pretty disappointed that old "Replays" are yet again disabled after the update. XC

At least on Wii U, that wasn't a problem with the automatic updates it receives. :\

Nice to hear that amiibo can actually work with both versions of Super Smash Bros. as well. Would be ridiculous if we had to erase the data to use it on the 3DS, as the fact amiibo can usually only save data for ONE game only. Well done Nintendo. :D

well the share stock mechanic wasn't on the previous updates for the 3DS system and no it wasn't there to begin with for the AI i believe so only players.

As for this update, I may be thinking that we farmed too much of equipment on the 3DS version compared to farming equipment in the wii-u version so we may have to remove some of the dupes and other stuff to amiibos.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Itty Bit

I pretty much got all my equipment on the 3DS as opposed to WiiU, myself.
It's a lot funner to farm on that version, in my opinion. So it's nice to give all my amiibos their proper movesets I've had in mind on the 3ds version. That is, whenever I finally decide to get a New 3ds ^^;

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2015 Feb 10, 21:53:12
I pretty much got all my equipment on the 3DS as opposed to WiiU, myself.
It's a lot funner to farm on that version, in my opinion. So it's nice to give all my amiibos their proper movesets I've had in mind on the 3ds version. That is, whenever I finally decide to get a New 3ds ^^;

well That's true because obviously the farm in the wii-u version is much slower than the 3DS version. in the 3DS version, it's a lot faster to farm for equipment thanks to smash runs.

I'm not sure if i should upgrade my 3DS to the new 3DS XL model for the amiibo compatibility so i'm just gonna have to use someone's new 3DS XL model to get rid of some of my equipment to my amiibo.

Itty Bit

2015 Feb 14, 23:10:27 #763 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 15, 13:17:49 by Itty Bit
So apparently there has been a new leak coming out from the game, regarding DLC characters. It started with a few screenshots, and led to a video actually coming out on youtube, that got quickly removed. Not by Nintendo, but by the user. I assume the user might have done that to avoid getting in trouble like the ESRB person did back when the game was still coming out. I'm going to post a gif of the video in the spoiler tag below, incase anybody doesn't want to get spoiled on this potential leak.

Spoiler: show

Do you guys think it's real? Fake? If it's real, I know I'll be excited!

edit: The creator of this leak actually admitted it to being fake. That being said, it was a really well made leak.

Rikaria

If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

KirbyFluttershy

It's a fake alright. the only DLC character we will be getting is mewtwo. That's the only character we will be getting. Nintendo hasn't announced any other DLC characters just yet.

I'm not even sure if we're still talking about amiibos here. I was wondering about how the AI behavior suppose to work for the amiibos so I got mine to level 50 by doing a total of 45mins or more of training.

Itty Bit

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Feb 15, 01:20:23
It's a fake alright. the only DLC character we will be getting is mewtwo. That's the only character we will be getting. Nintendo hasn't announced any other DLC characters just yet.

That doesn't necessarily mean that they will only release Mewtwo. When it comes to Smash Bros and Sakurai, he seems to like to keep secrets to players for until after a game comes out. While DLC is a new thing, and he could really well mean he is only developing Mewtwo, he could most definitely also be hiding something. He has been known to contradict himself all the time in the past.

Jenzy

Remember. Some people are smug or hard to convince. Though I was more impressed than disappointed upon seeing how it was done.

Spoiler: show

KirbyFluttershy

well we'll just have to see what's gonna happen to the game from nintendo direct and/or E3 2015. Usually nintendo announces new characters from direct and E3 2015, but if it's the only mewtwo DLC we're getting, then probably that's far as we can go.

Chromastone64

Something really strange happened yesterday; I went to my local GAME shop, and what did I see?
A LUCARIO AMIIBO.
Unfortunatly, my parents didn't know how rare they were, so I couldn't get it :c
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Jenzy

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Feb 15, 15:34:42
Something really strange happened yesterday; I went to my local GAME shop, and what did I see?
A LUCARIO AMIIBO.
Unfortunatly, my parents didn't know how rare they were, so I couldn't get it :c

What? But Lucario's a Toys "R" Us Exclusive! O:

Was it like on display with the other amiibo? Not sure if they're allowed to do that. Could have been an employee's but not sure.

If they were selling them there, that's a shame you couldn't get it. I still want one myself, but so far I've only heard my TRU only had enough for pre-orders. Or restocked and I didn't find out yet. :s

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Jenzy on 2015 Feb 15, 16:07:42
What? But Lucario's a Toys "R" Us Exclusive! O:

Was it like on display with the other amiibo? Not sure if they're allowed to do that. Could have been an employee's but not sure.

If they were selling them there, that's a shame you couldn't get it. I still want one myself, but so far I've only heard my TRU only had enough for pre-orders. Or restocked and I didn't find out yet. :s

I agree with jenzy that lucario amiibo is exclusive to toys r us stores only no other stores should be having them. if you didn't read my last post about the amiibo exclusives, it's most likely that gamestop made a mistake on that. they were suppose to be getting shulk amiibo as their exclusive amiibo. the re-stock in amiibos are slim as i said before.

Chromastone64

Yeah, it was on sale like any other Amiibo. I wanted to get it for my friend; he is a MASSIVE Lucario nut. Like, it's one of his absolute favourite Pokemon ever. I felt really sad that I couldn't get it.
Parents...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

KirbyFluttershy

well Don't go buying more than 2. like I said before One of my friends wanted the lucario amiibo, but some dude bought half of the stock from the store including his reserve so he probably wanted to get one off from japan. I'm not even sure if the amiibos from japan are region locked.

Jenzy

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Feb 15, 19:17:05
I'm not even sure if the amiibos from japan are region locked.

I have a Japanese Villager amiibo, and it works fine with my North American Wii U console.

And I knew they weren't region-locked before my father and I ordered him from eBay. Otherwise, I wouldn't have got it.
http://nintendoeverything.com/amiibo-figures-not-region-locked/

Thank goodness amiibo themselves are region-free.

I also still really want Lucario.

Chromastone64

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Feb 15, 19:17:05
well Don't go buying more than 2. like I said before One of my friends wanted the lucario amiibo, but some dude bought half of the stock from the store including his reserve so he probably wanted to get one off from japan. I'm not even sure if the amiibos from japan are region locked.

I'm not one of those people who buy doubles. I'm not even that bothered about Lucario. I just wanted it for my friend; his parents hardly EVERY let him buy stuff.

KirbyFluttershy

For those of you guys that are still looking for lucario amiibo, A Friend of mine said that He heard several reports that lucario amiibos are being available toys r us store around in the morning times. might be worth giving them a call just to be on the safe side. here's the tweet from amiibo news

Rikaria

Hooray, my friend sent me a Lucario amiibo as a (late) birtyday present \o/
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Peace Keeper

Aww thats pretty sweet.

Also, you LUCKEE!!!
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Chromastone64

Me and my mum are going into town tomorrow to trade in my old 3DS.
I'm gonna see if she'll let me get another amiibo.

Go Up