Obligatory Smash Bros. Topic

Started by Spencer the Pegasus Guard, 2013 Jun 13, 12:44:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Itty Bit

So uh, I've been a bit lazy, and I heard other people are saving up to get the game still... so would it be ok if I delay the game for another week? ^^;

Julius

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2014 Oct 09, 22:34:04
So uh, I've been a bit lazy, and I heard other people are saving up to get the game still... so would it be ok if I delay the game for another week? ^^;

Fine by me~
Purr~

KirbyFluttershy

Any tips for smash runs? I'm not getting a very good score on my runs while i keep customizations disabled.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

That's probably why, then: usually you'd want to complete Hard Challenge Doors or defeat the boss(-like) enemies using equipped Powers. I highly recommend bringing:

- Meteor Shower (I forgot the name) or anything with a wide area range/length that can be used at least three times per run
- Hammer that can be used at least once
- Brief Invincibility that can be used at least twice (to prevent something from backfiring when going after Hard Challenges/tough enemies)
- Health Recovery (optional, but it'll help you stay alive; there are 50%- and 100%-damage recovery variants)

Also, try to find areas where you have to defeat a certain number of enemies within a certain time limit (outside of Challenge Doors). Not only will you get Patches from the enemies you defeat, but clearing said areas will also net you a huge Patch or two. Finally, look out for the x2 Patch. For as long as it's active, every Patch you get will... well... double.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Cormac117

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Oct 10, 13:27:24
That's probably why, then: usually you'd want to complete Hard Challenge Doors or defeat the boss(-like) enemies using equipped Powers. I highly recommend bringing:

- Meteor Shower (I forgot the name) or anything with a wide area range/length that can be used at least three times per run
- Brief Invincibility that can be used at least twice (to prevent something from backfiring when going after Hard Challenges/tough enemies)
- Health Recovery (optional, but it'll help you stay alive; there are 50%- and 100%-damage recovery variants)

Also, try to find areas where you have to defeat a certain number of enemies within a certain time limit (outside of Challenge Doors). Not only will you get Patches from the enemies you defeat, but clearing said areas will also net you a huge Patch or two. Finally, look out for the x2 Patch. For as long as it's active, every Patch you get will... well... double.
Why didn't I think of this?  lol
Made a new account: Sunshine Smash.

Rikaria

LostSanity

So... I can participate in the tournament if I'm still wanted.

If I can no longer participate due to what I said before... I understand.

:(
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Jenzy

I already beat Cruel Smash with 11 KOs. Still haven't gone back to Classic. Been playing Smash Run and earning trophies.

And I had someone randomly challenge me to 1-on-1 Smash earlier. Though I only won like once. I really need practice.

Rikaria

Oh, before I forget: Spectate mode is evil at times... It even tracks desynced matches, so be careful.

GoldenTerrabyte

I'm back

Cormac117

2014 Oct 11, 01:25:16 #490 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 11, 02:02:17 by Cormac117
Wooooo! 9.0 classic done! Thank you Lucina!

EDIT: And 9.0 with my main Kirby!

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Oct 10, 13:27:24

the x2 patch are hard to come by as i know about. I normally target the large enemies like polar bear, giant goombas, bulborbs, bonkers, and some other large enemies. I thought the items you carry will slow down your movement speed.

Rikaria

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2014 Oct 11, 11:54:30
I thought the items you carry will slow down your movement speed.

I wouldn't know; everyone starts off at fixed stats. And it's the heavier you are, the more Powers you can carry. The opposite holds true, too; the lighter you are, the less Powers you can hold.

...Well, I say less Powers, but it's actually based on a number. For this example, I'll just use Power Points to help out my explanations. Say one Power has 10 Power Points, another has 8, and a third has 7. A character that has a limit of 25 or more Power Points can equip them all, but a character with 24 or less can't. To help out with this, there are Powers you can get with the same effect that have less Points, but to balance this, the number of uses per run is decreased. Naturally, a Power with more Points means more uses.

In short, watch your max limit to determine which Powers you want to take with you, and it's okay if you need to make a character slower through Equipment; Smash Run will probably make your character super fast, anyway :P

Jenzy

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Oct 10, 22:28:56
Jenzy, I challenge you!

I need time. Not this weekend. Ugh, so busy.

Finishing a literature thing and Math... x_x

Rikaria

So... one of my friends showed me this:

Jenzy

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Oct 11, 17:42:09
So... one of my friends showed me this:

That just made my day. lol

KirbyFluttershy

did you guys have problems with the matches recently? cuz when i did my local matches, it gets extremely laggy no matter how far or near you are with the other opponents.

Jenzy

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2014 Oct 11, 23:05:10
did you guys have problems with the matches recently? cuz when i did my local matches, it gets extremely laggy no matter how far or near you are with the other opponents.

It somewhat lags from time to time, which is strange when it's just an Offline Local Play Match... :s

Smash-related...

Cormac117

I've stopped playing for abit. Don't want to do it all. If anyone wants to duel me though, I'm up to it. It might just be me, but this game is a little.... Lacking compared to Brawl. It's still an awesome game though.

LostSanity

Quote from: Cormac117 on 2014 Oct 14, 17:52:08
I've stopped playing for abit. Don't want to do it all. If anyone wants to duel me though, I'm up to it. It might just be me, but this game is a little.... Lacking compared to Brawl. It's still an awesome game though.

I kind of see your point. I'm starting to get a little bored of it too.

I'm not doing so well online anymore either... *sighs*

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Go Up