Obligatory Smash Bros. Topic

Started by Spencer the Pegasus Guard, 2013 Jun 13, 12:44:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LostSanity

Would anyone be so kind as to give me advice on how to play this game better?

BECAUSE I SUCK.

I can't use the circle pad to move the characters. I DO NOT LIKE THAT AT ALL.

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rikaria

At least your Circle Pad's rubber doesn't come off every match :l Reattaches easily, but... yeah...
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Cormac117

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Oct 05, 18:48:45
At least your Circle Pad's rubber doesn't come off every match :l Reattaches easily, but... yeah...

Yours comes off? Huh. Mine doesn't. I feel like it should more when I play Kid Icarus Uprising though.
Made a new account: Sunshine Smash.

GoldenTerrabyte

So I'm not the only one! I wish I had some superglue to stick it back on...
I'm back

Rikaria

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Oct 05, 19:12:43
So I'm not the only one! I wish I had some superglue to stick it back on...

Rofl, same lol

KirbyFluttershy

i wish smash run can last longer like kirby air ride's city trial like about 7mins max per run.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2014 Oct 05, 23:37:06
i wish smash run can last longer like kirby air ride's city trial like about 7mins max per run.

Even longer if you turned on Slo-mo, but yeah... Also, I wish there was some way you could keep your stat boosts from session to session... (Of course, to make it fair you can still lose the stat boosts, probably mainly from being KO'ed both in the maze and the final battle.) That'd REALLY make Smash Run more worthwhile...

Julius

Guess who broke his own Home Run record with Shulk? :]

Some dude broke my previous record on GameFAQS so... >:/

Spoiler: I'm really feeling it! • show
Purr~

GoldenTerrabyte

2014 Oct 06, 05:44:06 #448 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 06, 14:35:06 by Yellowpikmin476
Awesome! Those Monado Arts really help! I love them. They help in Smash Run too, especially the Jump and Speed ones.

Also, had fun with ya, Itty Bit!
I'm back

Cormac117

I can only make it to 1600m with Shulk. Help meeeee!

Julius

What I do is I change to Buster as soon as the ten seconds begin, forward smash with a bit of charge, get the bat and throw it towards the bag, dash attack then immediately up smash once with a bit of charge, and then a second time with more charge. Then I switch to Smash, position myself and hit the bag with the tip of the bat!

It's a really tight on time strategy... But it works! X3

I have the replay saved, I'll see about uploading it later somewhere if I don't forget to. :)
Purr~

Cormac117

Quote from: Julius on 2014 Oct 06, 15:41:56
What I do is I change to Buster as soon as the ten seconds begin, forward smash with a bit of charge, get the bat and throw it towards the bag, dash attack then immediately up smash once with a bit of charge, and then a second time with more charge. Then I switch to Smash, position myself and hit the bag with the tip of the bat!

It's a really tight on time strategy... But it works! X3

I have the replay saved, I'll see about uploading it later somewhere if I don't forget to. :)

Woooo! 2500! Thanks bro!  :D <3

LostSanity

I am seriously getting tired of sucking at this game...

>:/
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Sakura_Blossom

Anypony have any tips? because every time I play online I never get a chance to attack...

Rikaria

Know when to defend/evade and attack is all I can say.

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Oct 06, 17:43:35
I am seriously getting tired of sucking at this game...

>:/

you wanna practice small. at least you need to fight level 3 CPUs first and then if you're starting to get the hang of the game and the matches, just increase CPU level by 1. if you think that if you're ready to go pro, go level 9 CPUs, but only a single level 9 CPU.

Quote from: Sakura_Blossom on 2014 Oct 06, 18:50:05
Anypony have any tips? because every time I play online I never get a chance to attack...

That could be a problem, but the question is which character were you playing as? if you're playing online, then it's best if you prefer to play against people with good connection. You could try to follow rikaria's advice. If your opponent is defending most of your attacks, then you may wanna take the chance to grab your opponent and throw them off the fray. If the character you're playing has meteor smash, that could be your opportunity to meteor smash your opponent at the right timing.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Itty Bit

The best, albeit most cheesiest way to give advice is to practice. Keep playing the game, and you'll slowly get better as time progresses. But here's some more advice that I remember hearing from other fighting game experts about getting good. These rules are pretty general, and can be applied with any game of it's kind, such as Smash Bros. This is also stuff I'm still learning myself! This is really brief, and probably not that informative, so I suggest looking into it online for further info C:

Step one: Know your character.
Find your most favorite character. It could even be multiple if you like, and find out everything about them. Not just their B attacks and what they do, but what every attack does, and when the best time to use it is.

Step two: Know every other character.
Definitely the harder part, especially considering there is 50 or so characters in this game, but learn about every over character too. Know their strong points and weak points, and figure out a plan on how to counter every situation.

Step three: Know your opponent.
The most difficult part, and at this point, the game is more about mindgames than reflexes. Study how your opponent plays, know what they do in certain situations. Find ways to trick them out, make them think you are going to do something, when you actually plan on doing something else.

Hope this helps any. For more info, I'll post the link of the video that I learned this set of rules from. It's a lot more detailed and professional than this post ^^;

Sakura_Blossom

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2014 Oct 06, 19:29:31

Quote from: Sakura_Blossom on 2014 Oct 06, 18:50:05

That could be a problem, but the question is which character were you playing as? if you're playing online, then it's best if you prefer to play against people with good connection. You could try to follow rikaria's advice. If your opponent is defending most of your attacks, then you may wanna take the chance to grab your opponent and throw them off the fray. If the character you're playing has meteor smash, that could be your opportunity to meteor smash your opponent at the right timing.

Im using ZSS

GoldenTerrabyte

Shulk is way OP when the Monado Arts are used strategically. Because he's already really good without using them at all. Now when you use them well you can beat just about anyone.
I'm back

Sakura_Blossom

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Oct 06, 20:25:19
Shulk is way OP when the Monado Arts are used strategically. Because he's already really good without using them at all. Now when you use them well you can beat just about anyone.

how do you change arts? Every time I try it gives me Jump...

Go Up