Obligatory Smash Bros. Topic

Started by Spencer the Pegasus Guard, 2013 Jun 13, 12:44:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LostSanity

I pre-ordered the 3DS version on my local GameStop today when I picked up another new game today!!

:D

P.S.: I don't know what Xenoblade is nor do I care to find out what it is. It's just another overrated game IMO. Sorry.

X3
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Shadow Mare

QuoteIt's just another overrated game IMO. Sorry.

Like Persona 5?

Itty Bit

So now that the general hype for the trailer has died down a little, I've been doing some analyzing on Shulk's moveset, and I think this is actually the first time I've been more excited for a moveset than the actual character itself! His multiple arts look super complex, and I love that it's gonna create a style of "knowing what to use at the right time."

What really gets me excited about this version of the game in general is how unique all of the newcomers are turning out. Only a few seem to have a generic moveset, and most of the newcomers have an interesting twist to them that helps them stand out vastly among the rest of the characters.

Pipkin

Just a friendly reminder everyone, please try to stay on topic in the future, thank you.

Julius

Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Aug 29, 18:54:28P.S.: I don't know what Xenoblade is nor do I care to find out what it is. It's just another overrated game IMO. Sorry.

You don't even know what it is... And yet you say it's overrated. Wow. :/

Anyway, I must agree with Itty! I can't wait to see how Shulk plays out with his different Arts, the Monado and his ability to see the future! It'll be so fun! ^-^
Purr~

GoldenTerrabyte

Shulk will be my main, for sure. And his Final Smash looks boss! I hope some of the battle themes from Xenoblade are in the game, Xenoblade's got some of the best video game music I've ever heard!
I'm back

Julius

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Sep 01, 00:42:15
Shulk will be my main, for sure. And his Final Smash looks boss! I hope some of the battle themes from Xenoblade are in the game, Xenoblade's got some of the best video game music I've ever heard!

IT'S HEROPON TIME! :D
Purr~

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Julius on 2014 Sep 01, 01:52:57

RIKI!!!
I'm back

Julius

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Sep 01, 02:21:54
Quote from: Julius on 2014 Sep 01, 01:52:57

RIKI!!!

Riki obviously too powerful to be mere character, sidekick Homhom friend there for Riki instead. ;)
Purr~

Itty Bit

Speaking of Riki... He's officially an assist trophy! Too bad that probably makes Reyn's chances of being one a little less likely :c
"Pic of the day. The legendary hero Riki appears as an Assist Trophy and in Shulk's Final Smash!! As an Assist Trophy, he uses many arts like Happy Happy, Freezinate, and Yoink! He sounds a bit like Tingle...but don't worry, Tingle will make an appearance too.
By the way, a cursor will appear above Assist Trophies and Pokémon to indicate which fighter is its ally. Now you can tell right off the bat who it belongs to!!"

Rikaria

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2014 Sep 01, 11:43:18
"By the way, a cursor will appear above Assist Trophies and Pokémon to indicate which fighter is its ally. Now you can tell right off the bat who it belongs to!!"

Aww, no more "element of surprise" now =c
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Itty Bit

I don't actually mind that. I actually kind of hated when in the middle of a chaotic battle, someone gets an assist trophy, and you think it's yours, only to take a hit ^^;

Oh! Apparently there's also talk concerning the leak that all the characters displayed is not the final roster, and there is still a couple of characters left! Though both sources of leakers (the guy with the screenshots and the guy with the video) each claimed two different things.

What do you guys think? I would like if there were a few more characters, because the more, the merrier, but at the same time I'm trying to expect what we saw to be the final roster, as to not potentially disappoint myself if that really is true. Thoguh I would like to be wrong!

Rikaria

2014 Sep 04, 14:17:41 #232 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 07, 20:41:38 by Rikaria
For those who aren't aware or haven't gotten the notification yet: Nintendo will be doing a sale in celebration of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. Select games will be getting a temporary price reduction in the eShop and will switch out each week, so take advantage of this offer while it lasts if you're interested!

EDIT: Here's a link for all the games involved (prices for the later weeks will be shown when it's their turn): http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/09/nintendo_confirms_details_of_its_super_smashing_eshop_sale

EDIT 2: Fighting popular people (their Miis, anyway) is definitely gonna be interesting:

Itty Bit

Ew, AKB48 >~<
That first image of all the character's lined up sure looks awesome, though. It's my current wallpaper XD

25 more days :3

Rikaria

2014 Sep 08, 13:51:07 #234 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 09, 18:20:57 by Rikaria
I actually just finished reading an article about how some of Japan weren't very happy about that commercial, but anyway...

Here's hoping my Circle Pad won't break when the game comes out /o/

EDIT: There will be an eight-hour livestream this Friday where we'll be seeing the final reveals concerning Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U, possibly among other stuff. The time of when it'll start will most likely be posted when it's getting close to the livestream.

EDIT 2: For anyone who (still) has/will be getting a Circle Pad Pro, don't bother using it with this game--it won't work.

Itty Bit

2014 Sep 10, 13:01:55 #235 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 10, 15:00:26 by Itty Bit
Bleh, that's ridiculous. Why did they even make the circle pad pro, when it only works on like, two games? >~<

To rub more salt in the wound, Japan seems to have a free eshop demo! I really hope we can get one too pretty soon... >~<
The things people are already finding out about the game is getting me even more excited though. I mean, look at this combo here!

Kinda raises my hype about playing as Mario again... Look at how fast that forward air is! It's almost like no charge up time at all! I mean, he used to be one of my favorites back in the day, and maybe this game might make me love him all over again x3

Rikaria

Nintendo Treehouse livestream air time confirmed:

- 10 AM Pacific
- 1 PM Eastern
- 6 PM UK
- 7 PM CET

Again, this will be an 8-hour stream where they'll be showing us the final SSB 3DS build, among other things.

Itty Bit

Some dude just got an early copy of the game! Everybody in the Smash Bros community is watching this guy like a hawk as he unlocks everything XD
Spoiler: show

MrEmu

I saw a trailer for the new Fire Emblem characters and freaked out because I ADORE Fire Emblem Awakening...
But it confused me a bit, I know your character (They just called him ''Robin'') and Lucina are getting in, but Chrom confused me...he LOOKS like his own character but a friend of mine said he's just Robin's smash move...
like he jumps out and they do their awesomeness together...

Which one is it?

Itty Bit

He's a final smash. Him and Robin team up against an opponent.

aaanyways, now that I've dipped myself into the hype pool and saw some people playing and unlocking the first unlockables, I'm gonna probably try to start my whole avoiding most sources of direct feed for spoilers and stuff. Even though I know the majority of the roster, I'd like to learn about everything, be it hidden stages or how to unlock said characters myself.

So if you guys have something that hasn't been officially announced by Nintendo via PoTD or whatever, please, please, please use the spoiler tags ^-^

Go Up