Obligatory Smash Bros. Topic

Started by Spencer the Pegasus Guard, 2013 Jun 13, 12:44:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

The video of the tourney is on Nintendo's YouTube channel if you want to watch it.

Spoiler: show
I just about watched all of the tourney. Needless to say, Bowser players pretty much came out on top. What surprised me, though, was that someone who lost in one of the first rounds ended up winning the whole thing O:

Post Merge

Seems like we're getting an Angry Birds-like mode which combines aspects of both Home-Run Contest and Target Smash. Click here for more info.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Itty Bit

2014 Aug 08, 11:10:33 #201 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 11, 22:28:45 by Itty Bit
Oh my gosh, today's Pic of the Day made me squee in delight.

Now it only begs the question how this stage will be played... The 3ds version is looking to have the most coolest stages of the two!

Rikaria

2014 Aug 11, 14:48:15 #202 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 11, 14:51:41 by Rikaria
Word of advice: don't directly use the "pic of the day" image link; it'll just make things confusing later once the image switches out. Instead, post the Miiverse post.

On that note, have more trolling from Sakurai!

Itty Bit

Fixed.
That was weird, I never knew that was a thing that could happen! ^^;

Rikaria

Itty Bit

Daw, beat me to it!
I'm happy to see him back, and even happier to see he's been nurfed! In the post below he even explained how his shuttle loop is now vastly different, for example! ^-^
I really love this particular screenshot

Rikaria

I just wonder if they nerfed his tornado move as well...

sact3rnlang3l

Im still owning it up on The n64 version, thats all i own ;-;

Itty Bit

So as of yesterday, there has been a supposed leak that's been lurking the internet that shows the roster in it's entirety, and it's pretty debatable weather it could be real or fake... But nonetheless, I'll post it in the spoiler description, along with my thoughts

I'm feeling rather skeptical of this leak's legitimacy, and there's even a few ideas that supports it being a real thing... However, a few things just kind of bother me, such as the re-inclusion of Doctor Mario, the odd lineup of the characters (Why is Lucina, Doctor Mario, and Dark Pit all clumped in the bottom?) and the lack of a Mii Fighter on the character selection screen... But overall, if this was the final roster, I'd be pretty content. The Duck Hunt dog seems to be a suitable retro rep, despite me preferring it to be Lip, but everything else looks pretty good!

Shadow Mare

Fake, why is Dr. Mario there? And Duck Hunt.........??? And Shulk?

Itty Bit

The three of them are Nintendo characters. And all the characters in the game, save for Pacman and Sawneek, are Nintendo Characters, too. It's a cool hidden detail I noticed.   :]

I think the best way to tell if it's legit is to wait it out until we get another character reveal. All of the character slots match the  character portraits on the website, so whoever gets revealed next, be it veteran or newcomer, we could simply compare their portraits to see if it is indeed real.
I kinda hope it's fake, though. I agree that bringing back the good Doctor is just sort of silly.

Shadow Mare

QuoteSawneek

LOL EYE SEA WAT U DID THERE

Itty Bit

Well, it's game, set, and match guys. The leak mentioned above is looking to be pretty much 100% legit, as it now has a video to back it up. Or rather, multiple ones
lVHZQ&index=1

So uh, please keep your discussions in the spoiler tags, for those that might not want to get spoiled...

LostSanity

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2014 Aug 25, 13:42:56
Well, it's game, set, and match guys. The leak mentioned above is looking to be pretty much 100% legit, as it now has a video to back it up. Or rather, multiple ones
lVHZQ&index=1

So uh, please keep your discussions in the spoiler tags, for those that might not want to get spoiled...

Video doesn't work. Taken down by Nintendo. The dictators.

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Itty Bit

Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Aug 25, 17:54:32
Quote from: Itty Bit on 2014 Aug 25, 13:42:56
lVHZQ&index=1

Video doesn't work. Taken down by Nintendo. The dictators.

:l

Or they just don't like having their game they have been hyping up leaked. It's totally reasonable for them to remove something like this.

If anything else, it just means even more so that the video is proof since they did that.
Since Youtube doesn't seem to be the most stable place to share info, I could post a few gifs I found on smashboards. Again, in spoilers

I was worried Bowser Jr would be a lightweight Bowser clone or something, but he's looking like a ton of fun! I think he's even competing to be one of my favorite newcomers alongside Villager

Rikaria

http://club2.nintendo.com/smash-promo/

Also, apparently rumors/leaks are starting to come true...

Itty Bit

Dangit, you beat me again XD
...Oh! but you forgot the best part!

This is looking to be one of the coolest new characters based on gameplay, hands down. I also am kind of a fan of Xenoblade, so this makes me happy C:
Being able to switch his strengths on the fly seems like such an awesome idea, I can't wait to play as Shulk!

Rikaria

Sorry... At the time of my last post, there wasn't a video out yet, and I was resting as well.

Itty Bit

Heh, that's fine.
I actually forgot about the direct, and slept through it. I actually kind of got spoiled on who the new reveal was, thanks to Tumblr...

But comparing his icon to the leak, they seem to match one to one. Not to mention, his gameplay looks like it did in the leak too...
So uh, yeah. It's legit~ It's kind of a shame though, now that we know who's in, the trailers aren't really as magical anymore ^^;

Rikaria

It's to be expected when a game gets A TON of attention, honestly.

Who knows? There's probably DLC that's yet to be leaked as well...

Go Up