Obligatory Smash Bros. Topic

Started by Spencer the Pegasus Guard, 2013 Jun 13, 12:44:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Itty Bit

But you know what he isn't, but therefore doesn't make him as good?
1. He's not Lip
D:
I'm actually gonna play some Xenoblade tonight for the first time, and get to know him, and hopefully I'll get pretty fond of the dood :)
Spoiler: show
I've been curious to try the infamous "Gematsu characters'" game's prior to their announcement... Except for Chrom... I hate Fire Emblem ^^;

Rikaria

Jeez, so many Fire Emblem characters now.

Also, Captain Falcon returns \o/
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Itty Bit

Well, I'm pleasantly surprised the Gematsu leak is possibly debunked! Kinda makes the rest of the roster a mystery still!
I dislike Fire Emblem, so none of the newcomers really did it for me, but I am happy to see a new character who doesn't have a blue hair and fights with more than just a sword!
Also, Captain Falcon B)

GoldenTerrabyte

I'm back

GlassMirror

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Jul 14, 14:30:09
Not Shulk.
My reaction:

Maybe Shulk is a super surprise! lol
But if they put him in, they should put his friends in too.

GoldenTerrabyte

And even worse, that last guy LOOKED kinda like him! I thought "Hmmm... Maybe that's him..." until it showed his name and I was all like "STOP TAUNTING ME!"
I'm back

Dream Bolt

At first I wasn't interested in playing the game. (No story mode? Come on!) I though that with the likes of some of the new characters, the game would just have the regulars and a bunch of kind of pointless fillers. (The Wii Fit trainer? She isn't even a character, she's a guide model for an exercise game.)

But two characters stood out that really make me interested in at least trying the game out. One is the Animal Crossing Villager. He looks like he has a very fun and unique style. Plus, I think it's fun to kick Ganondorf's rump with a butterfly net.

And the second is... they are putting in PAC-MAN! He's in the Pac-man World 2 and 3 style for his looks, and he looks really fun! Check out his release trailer!

Now Kirby finally has a rival to his appetite! It's time to teach these young whippersnappers what a REAL gaming hero is like! :3

Itty Bit

I don't understand why everybody seems to dislike the lack of a story mode... Didn't everybody pan The Subspace Emissary for being too repetitive and stale? ^^;

I'm really loving the amount of detail and love going into this game. I mean, look at Lucina's left eye in this pic of the day! Nobody would ever notice such a thing in game!

Buddy Minute

Story mode was too long for my tastes.

Hey, I played Brawl a lot buy quit when I found I was terrible at it. Despite that, I'm probably going to get this game again. It just looks too good. Anyone else like that?

With so many franchises, plus the massive amount of content, and for me Megaman and Charizard are a big plus, this think is obviously going to be a monster seller. I wonder how many people like me will get it just to mess around with it for a little while. Hey, maybe I'll get good. Who knows.

GoldenTerrabyte

I just loved story mode because it felt like its own game! And more so than the regular game, it really felt like the ultimate crossover and I loved that! It was like, Lucas hanging out with a pokémon trainer, Mario with Pit, Samus runs into a Pikachu, all that cool stuff. I loved it! And I loved the adventure! It was just the best!
I'm back

Tiger

I honestly wish I would ever be able to get this game. Too bad consples are expensive.

I'm actually kinda disappointed that it doesn't have a unique name apart from "SSB 4"

I must say that Rosalina and Luma look like a really cool character to play as though, tag teaming and all. I hope they can pick up different items at the same time in the same way as the ice climbers :D

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Rikaria

Quote from: Tiger on 2014 Jul 17, 00:42:22
I honestly wish I would ever be able to get this game. Too bad consples are expensive.

Just get the 3DS version.

QuoteI'm actually kinda disappointed that it doesn't have a unique name apart from "SSB 4"

It's actually "Super Smash Bros. for 3DS"/"Super Smash Bros. for Wii U".

Itty Bit

So Nintendo plans on doing something special at Comic con. What do you guys think it might be? Aside from the whole 3ds tournament, of course~
I'm unsure if we will have another newcomer trailer, as we just got Lucina and Robin just a little over a week ago... Perhaps they will showcase a bunch of returning characters? Or maybe showcase some more stages...?

Rikaria

According to one of my friends, there's still one or two more newcomer videos left.

Shadow Mare

Itty Bit

Uh huh, Sakurai said he announced he only had a handful of trailers left. With that being said, I'm sure there will still be hidden characters that will be left unannounced until after the game's release, since that's what he did with Brawl and (I think) Melee, too...

I'm still gonna be hoping for Lip, as unlikely as it may seem at this point..
I've also warmed up to the idea of Shulk and Chorus men, now that I've played more of both respective games. ^-^

Itty Bit

So has anybody else seen the 3ds tourney that went down at Comic Con? It was really fun to watch!
I'm loving all the new buffs Bowser is getting! I mean, just look at these!

Not that I'm one for meta-game, but it's funny how Bowser was originally passed off as a joke that nobody ever used in tournaments, and now he's looking to be one of the better characters in the game, if not top tier! That is, if things don't change before the final release!

Also, I'd like to mention the new Paper Mario stage looks fantastic! It's a transforming stage, so we are gonna be seeing landmarks from all the Paper Mario games, I presume.  :3

GoldenTerrabyte

Oh my gosh, people got to PLAY it?!
I'm back

Itty Bit

Uh huh! Everyone at comic con got to play, and there was even a tournament there!

Go Up