Obligatory Smash Bros. Topic

Started by Spencer the Pegasus Guard, 2013 Jun 13, 12:44:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Shadow Mare

AI, pretty sure they can't be unlocked while online. play special brawls with speed up and flower on character's heads to drain life and put AI 10% health for quick matches.

Green Lantern

I don't like Little Mac. Seriously, who wanted this guy in? Also, his smash is cheap.  :l
Characters aside, I'd like to know more about what stages are going to be in the game.

byndbored

Quote from: Green Lantern on 2014 Feb 17, 22:57:28
I don't like Little Mac. Seriously, who wanted this guy in? Also, his smash is cheap.  :l
Characters aside, I'd like to know more about what stages are going to be in the game.
You'd be surprised, anyway he seems to be balanced out buy giving him poor recovery; making him a glass canon.
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Itty Bit

2014 Feb 19, 17:48:34 #103 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 20, 23:05:24 by Itty Bit
Quote from: byndbored on 2014 Feb 18, 17:15:02
Quote from: Green Lantern on 2014 Feb 17, 22:57:28
You'd be surprised, anyway he seems to be balanced out buy giving him poor recovery; making him a glass canon.

I love Punch-Out soooo much. I was excited to see him in!
I really love how he's looking in game too! Looks like his play style is gonna be all about making quick blows and evading attacks to build up the ko meter, just like in the games! Assuming that the KO meter will work like how it did in Super Punch-Out, anyway~

Post Merge

I thoguht this was relevant, so I figured I'd put this on here as well.
Out of all the characters, there is one that I would just love to see most in Smash Bros

Now, for those of you who don't know who she is, but she is a character from a puzzle game known as "Panel de Pon" for the snes, which was a game that a very cute charm to it, featuring fairy type characters. When it was localized to America, however, Nintendo saw it fit to change the characters to Yoshi's Island characters, and renaming the game to Tetris Attack, which later became Pokemon Puzzle League. Her wand "Lip's stick" was also in Smash Bros as an item since Melee.
She may not have a solid move list coming from her history of only being in a Puzzle game... but that never stopped them from making Captain Falcon, ROB, or Mr Game and Watch all playable fighters! Her games had personality, and that alone should be enough to create a full moveset for her!

Rikaria

2014 Feb 28, 09:07:44 #104 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 28, 13:02:20 by Rikaria
Quote from: SerebiiSuper Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS & Wii U - Dedenne

The next Pokémon related input in the new Super Smash Bros game has been announced. Following a statement about characters who work hard but aren't quite enough to be main character, it has been revealed that Dedenne is in the game, presumably as a Pokémon that appears in a PokéBall. It seems to send massive electric shocks out across the field. We'll bring more as it comes

As if Pikachu, Zapdos, and Raikou weren't enough, but whatever /o/ (unless Zapdos was replaced with Dedenne, but then again wasn't Raikou removed in SSBB?)

EDIT: Apparently Waluigi will come back as an Assist Trophy again.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Jenzy

Ugh. Sakurai. Assist Trophy? Really?! o.O

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Jenzy on 2014 Feb 28, 19:42:20
When I read this post, the first thing I thought of was Sakurai AS an Assist Trophy! lol
I'm back

Rikaria

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Feb 28, 19:48:26
When I read this post, the first thing I thought of was Sakurai AS an Assist Trophy! lol

...*slowly raises hoof in agreement*

Jenzy

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Feb 28, 20:16:29
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Feb 28, 19:48:26

...*slowly raises hoof in agreement*

I'm not gonna lie. That really made me laugh when I saw your replies. lol
It's like Reggie being a playable character or something...

Too Bad Waluigi won't make the playability of the Smash Series... again. I'm not gonna lose sleep over this though. The other characters and newcomers make up for it. Along with Mario Kart 8, returning the purple guy to the tracks...

At least there's this

Rikaria

Honestly, the ending gave it away @ that video. Still very fun(ny) to watch :P

GoldenTerrabyte

My brother just got Project M! :3 Don't know what that is? It's an AWSOME hack for Brawl that makes the gameplay feel smoother and faster, makes the characters more balanced, and adds tons of other cool rad awesome stuff!
I'm back

Rikaria

You forgot to mention the biggest detail: the M stands for Melee in which that mod (I'm using the safe version for it) tries to recreate. This DOES mean that stuff like wavedashing is brought back, but at least random tripping's been removed \o/

What I absolutely hate about Project M: a lot, if not majority, of the stages are basically one huge platform + one or more smaller ones above said platform (read: Battlefield rip-offs) ._.

Jenzy

This was Sakurai's message from re-announcing Waluigi as an Assist Trophy.
"Pic of the day. Once again, Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection!! ...Which also means he's not a playable character. Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle."

Rikaria

Whoever made his moveset made him too strong...

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Mar 02, 00:19:34
You forgot to mention the biggest detail: the M stands for Melee in which that mod (I'm using the safe version for it) tries to recreate. This DOES mean that stuff like wavedashing is brought back, but at least random tripping's been removed \o/
Yeah, I tried wavedashing a little bit. It's kinda fun, but I don't know what it's used for.
I'm back

Jenzy

2014 Mar 02, 18:15:52 #115 Last Edit: 2014 Mar 02, 18:31:05 by Jenzy
Where do you even get Project M, or whatever it is? o.O

Not sure if anyone pays attention, but it's been the same guy who made those videos...

Or even the quote. Whenever something's posted, people just seem to skip and go on a different topic. It's weird... :s
I kind of question attention spans.

Still, how Sakurai handled this situation is mean to the supporters or just plain calling Waluigi a "try-hard." Eh. When it comes to officials, you'll hardly change their minds.

The movesets seem fine to me. Probably depends on one's skill or the difficulty of the AI.

Itty Bit

2014 Apr 04, 12:24:52 #116 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 04, 12:28:10 by Itty Bit
Super Smash Bros Direct coming April 8th. And I'm really excited for it!
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-08-2014/

What do you guys think's gonna happen in it? Assuming we haven't had any character announcements in well over a month now, I have a hunch were gonna get a handful of newcomers to join the party! and hopefully Lip will be one of them, even though that's a pretty big stretch...

I'm also gonna predict that we might get a little more insight on how the WiiU and 3DS versions will interact with one
another, and maybe shed some light on that "Customization" Sakurai was mentioning earlier.

And lastly I'm hoping to see a release date. Oh man, I really, really want to see a release date

Rikaria

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2014 Apr 04, 12:24:52I'm also gonna predict that we might get a little more insight on how the WiiU and 3DS versions will interact with one
another

Didn't he say there wasn't gonna be any interaction between the two versions? Unless he changed his mind O:

QuoteI'm hoping to see a release date. Oh man, I really, really want to see a release date

If there was a "This!" button, I'd smash it soooooooooooooooooo much lol

Itty Bit

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Apr 04, 13:42:00
Quote from: Itty Bit on 2014 Apr 04, 12:24:52I'm also gonna predict that we might get a little more insight on how the WiiU and 3DS versions will interact with one
another

Didn't he say there wasn't gonna be any interaction between the two versions? Unless he changed his mind O:

Uh huh! He said something about slightly customizing characters on the 3ds that you can use for the Wiiu.
Although That could be totally wrong, as that's based off of my memories from interviews I read almost a year ago.

If there is something like that, however, I really hope they still keep in mind the whole balancing factor. Customizing characters have never really mixed well with a fighting game in terms of balance, so I hope they know what they are doing ^^;

Jenzy

When they're ready to put a release date for Super Smash Bros 4 3DS/ 4 Wii U, they'll announce it. But it may still be in progress, and they don't have that deadline yet.

Once a release date is announced, people start to freak out (I know I'm freaking out MK8, but I'm trying to control it) X3

And I had that idea too. Stages on both versions and characters in both versions able to connect. Since obviously, exclusive stages can't load on the other system due to the data not being there. Like 3DS to Wii U or vice versa.

Go Up