Obligatory Smash Bros. Topic

Started by Spencer the Pegasus Guard, 2013 Jun 13, 12:44:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LostSanity

Did someone say Klonoa?

Yes please. I think I'd fangasm too if that happened.  X3

Okay... um... let's talk seriously for a moment. Before I say this... let me just apologize beforehand for my opinion on this matter. So I apologize if this offends anyone.

Anyway...

There needs to be more Klonoa series games. Seriously. This is probably the most underrated, unappreciated, underestimated video game series of all time IMO.

Namco Bandai needs to get off their high horse and stop beating the dead horse of pretty much all of their other games/series.

Make newer/more recent Klonoa games. For the 3DS, PS3, PS4, etc.

While you're at it...

Make newer/more recent Digimon games too. Which is pretty much in the same boat as the Klonoa series for how it's treated. For the same systems I stated for Klonoa series.

But... obviously... this is just all IMO.

*sighs*

:'(

Have a pretty cool Klonoa song to end this little post...
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Shadow Mare

GoldenTerrabyte

The fact that I have never heard of Klonoa probably just proves your point better. And there should be another Mother game too!
I'm back

Shadow Mare

LOL After the many years to get Earthbound on virtual console, that will never happen.

LostSanity

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Feb 07, 18:32:11
Isn't Klonoa dead?

The series? Yes.

Which is exactly my point...

KireiameJin

2014 Feb 09, 16:02:31 #65 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 09, 16:21:47 by KireiameJin
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Feb 06, 19:00:55
Quote from: KireiameJin on 2014 Feb 06, 18:54:54
Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Feb 04, 19:00:56
If both Mewtwo and Lucario return (the latter already coming back), I will fangirl so much :3

Is most likely Mewtwo will not appear for the same reason he was scrapped from Brawl, because Lucario uses a move set just too similar to Mewtwo, making them basically the same character and making the developing team to lose some extra space on the disc they could use to improve the actual gameplay or adding any new character instead of a copy of the one they already have.
Have you looked at Ganondorf and Captain Falcon? They're even more similar than Mewtwo and Lucario.

Of course they are, and that's why developing team cutted Mewtwo from Brawl, just to not lose anymore space on "Copy/paste" characters. Ganon was just more popular than Mewtwo on the polls, so i guess they just decided to put him instead of making Mewtwo return to the game, it is ever best to include new charas than use old ones if they are similar to any existing character on the game, just like happened with Dr.Mario or Young link.

Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Feb 07, 18:56:14
Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Feb 07, 18:32:11
Isn't Klonoa dead?

The series? Yes.

Which is exactly my point...

That is not so true, after all, there's this manga called "Klonoa: Dream Traveller of Noctis Sol" that just came up in 2012, so, it's not so dead, after all the last "Mega man" related game we got was around the same year, and he is in the videogame as a Capcom representative.

But  Klonoa is kind of a popular addition that could be made for the game, is not a secret there are some groups and petititons for this character to be included as "Capcom" mascot into the game (just google it), and we have guys like this one who actually added some early moding to Brawl to add the character into the game

I just feel like Klonoa never got the credit it deserved as a plataformer, true it is easy and not very challenging for hardcore gamers, but it was the first plataformer to use rendered 3D envoirements combined with 2D drawn characters, and developed the 2.5D style of play (i'm also a huge fan of "Tombi", and you can guess why).

It was very charming and cute, and that's all it is, just a cute child-oriented plataformer just like Mario was intended to be, so i don't get why ppl just doesn't seem to respect the game at all.
My deviant, take a look, you lose nothing ^-^

http://kireiamejin.deviantart.com/

LostSanity

Big Boss

I can't wait for the game.  :3
The new characters look interesting so far, but I'm going to roll with Pikachu like I always have.

Rikaria

Lucario for me <3

Would be interesting if Toon Link was brought back (since he's my 2nd main from Brawl), but then again they're probably not gonna do that many "clones" this time around.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

GoldenTerrabyte

I'm back

Rikaria

KireiameJin

It could be awesome if they include "Toon Zelda" this time too, i always wondered how she would be since it was scrapped from brawl  :/

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: KireiameJin on 2014 Feb 12, 15:35:20
It could be awesome if they include "Toon Zelda" this time too, i always wondered how she would be since it was scrapped from brawl  :/
And she should have Tetra! No Toon Shiek, please!
I'm back

Rikaria

Probably similar to (normal) Zelda's moveset, with some things tweaked to be stronger/weaker and toonier (like Toon Link's bomb explosion animation). Not sure what her Special+Down would be, though...

GlassMirror

It would be really kool if Ghirahim was on the game :3

KireiameJin

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Feb 12, 16:58:13

Probably similar to (normal) Zelda's moveset, with some things tweaked to be stronger/weaker and toonier (like Toon Link's bomb explosion animation). Not sure what her Special+Down would be, though...

I hoped it to be more physical aggresive, since i ever imagined that character as her Tetra version. Original Zelda is a princess yes, but the Zelda from "Wind waker" is an actual pirate, so i think they have there a nice bunch of moves they could use for her to be more "Tricky" than the classic Zelda version. But prolly they didn't think much about it :/

And yeah, i'd love to see some "Skyward sword" charas in there, i think "Fi" would be an awesome addition. After all they added "Rosalina" and "Villager" to the poll, and they're anything like "Figthers" (Not to mention Wii fit trainer... just... why?...)

Rikaria

I can see a Skyward Sword STAGE being in the game, but I'm not sure about characters. Maybe Assist Trophies at least? I dunno.

KireiameJin

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Feb 12, 20:43:38
I can see a Skyward Sword STAGE being in the game, but I'm not sure about characters. Maybe Assist Trophies at least? I dunno.

Actually, you can see in the trailers the skyawrd sword stage XD. They also included the Beetle item from that game too.

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 Feb 12, 19:39:07
It would be really kool if Ghirahim was on the game :3
Yeah! He should totally replace Ganondorf! Or should I say, GanonDORK! lol
I'm back

Rikaria

2014 Feb 13, 09:21:33 #79 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 13, 17:49:19 by Rikaria
Quote from: KireiameJin on 2014 Feb 13, 06:26:40
Actually, you can see in the trailers the skyawrd sword stage XD. They also included the Beetle item from that game too.

I've been avoiding trailers and screenshots for the most part (save for the ones released during Nintendo Directs). If that did show, I probably wasn't paying attention.

EDIT: New character confirmed in today's Nintendo Direct! If you've ever played or seen Punch-Out for the NES/SNES, you'll know who I'm taking about :P

Go Up