General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

Spoiler: Japanese trailer for the latest reveal • show

Spoiler: English trailer • show
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

KirbyFluttershy

Heads up guys or for those of you guys that are playing pokemon go, I read on the facebook trends that pokemon go are banning players for violating terms of service reasons

here's what the trends said
QuoteThe bans are being imposed on players who use various types of software cheats, such as bots and GPS spoofing, to make progress in the game outside of the developer's intent, news outlets reported
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Chromastone64

Am I the only one waiting for Team Skull to be in the anime for the SOLE reason of hearing their voice acting? I just know it's gonna be GLORIOUS.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Aug 14, 16:30:54
Am I the only one waiting for Team Skull to be in the anime for the SOLE reason of hearing their voice acting? I just know it's gonna be GLORIOUS.

Well Usually the antagonist teams like team flare and skull are meant to be revealed later on in the anime. The Sun & moon the anime series are ways off so we're still on X/Y/Z season right now. It's most likely that japan will reveal it later on because they're a couple of episodes ahead of us in the US and the new episodes in japan are every thursdays in the US.

anyway I was reading up on how hyper training works on serebii so apparently i suppose it helps adjust the pokemon's IVs if i'm not mistaken.

Rikaria

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2016 Aug 14, 20:25:16
I was reading up on how hyper training works on serebii so apparently i suppose it helps adjust the pokemon's IVs if i'm not mistaken.

Umm... I mentioned Hyper Training and how it works a while back: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11747.msg994435#msg994435

Spoiler: EDIT: New Sun/Moon info • show
Grabbed from Serebii (though cleaned a bit):

"During the Gamescom presentation by Battle Director Shigeki Morimoto, we learned some new information about Sun & Moon. First, we saw a new, Normal-type Z-Move used by Pikachu called Hyper Sprintangriff in German (translates to Hyper Sprint Attack).

In addition to this, a new Pokémon was shown: Turtonator. It's a Fire/Dragon-type Pokémon with the Shell Armor Ability and a new move called Shell Trap (which will cause the opponent to get hit by an explosion of damage if it hits Turtonator in the same turn)."

KirbyFluttershy

Heads up for those of you guys that are still playing pokemon go.

QuoteTrainers,

After reviewing many reports of in-game cheating, we have started taking action against players taking unfair advantage of and abusing Pokémon GO. Moving forward, we will continue to terminate accounts that show clear signs of cheating.

Our main priority with Pokémon GO is to provide a fair, fun, and legitimate game experience for all players. If our system has determined that you cheated, then you will receive an email stating that your account has been terminated.

If you guys got false banned, just go here

as for the new pokemon, isn't it suppose to be tortunator or something like that? my reaction to this new pokemon was, great, another explosive pokemon.

Rikaria

I'm just waiting on the Michael Bay memes lol

KirbyFluttershy

Do any of you guys have problems logging in to the official site? cuz i'm trying to check the newsletters on the official pokemon site, but it's not letting me.

Rikaria

Spoiler: Another unannounced trailer featuring 1 new Pokémon and 3 "old" ones • show

KirbyFluttershy

I heard that pokemon go will be enforcing their bans although I'm not really sure how long these bans will last, but the banned players will be given a means to appeal their bans. I don't think these pokemon go players should get a 2nd chance in the game even though one of those cheats is just hacks and the others are bots, 3rd party ads, and such. hopefully they'll learn their lesson someday.

Rikaria

Spoiler: A side thing you can do in Sun/Moon • show

If you don't get it, click here (or look up Pyukumuku on the official Sun/Moon website if you get redirected).

KirbyFluttershy

It looks like pokemon go died out too quickly. It lost 15mil active players since last month (july). Looks like I was right about pokemon go dying too fast, but hopefully if the update comes with new pokemon and Pokemon Go Plus, it will regain players back also not to mention the amount of lives people spent when playing pokemon go.

here's the news on pokemon go from facebook

QuoteAxiom Capital Management's metric of the game's daily active users showed the game had a peak of about 45 million on July 17. By Aug. 16, the number of daily active users was just over 30 million.

Rikaria

Spoiler: In the recent Nintendo Direct • show

We're also getting more Sun/Moon news 5 days from now (as of this post), according to Serebii.

Spoiler: EDIT 1: A LOT of new info about Sun/Moon • show

No, we're not getting a new type.

Spoiler:  EDIT 2: New Japanese Sun/Moon trailer (featuring a certain professor) • show

Stardust Dragon

That latest trailer has some fantastic music.  I only wish I read Japanese so I could tell what they were focusing on.

-Snorlax noises-

Welp, that nearly ruined the moment.  lol

KirbyFluttershy

For those of you guys that are still playing pokemon go, the pokemon go plus device will be released on september 16. I'm pretty sure they'll sell out fast as i told you guys before so it'll be hard to get one if you didn't pre-order the device.

now as for pokemon sun & moon, if raticate gets an alola form, then it's most likely that persian, exeggcute, pichu, pikachu, and cubone will get an alola form as well. The photo mode looks nice even though it's bringing back memories of pokemon snap although with new scoring and comment system as well except for apples and pester balls.

Rikaria

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2016 Sep 08, 13:39:07
That latest trailer has some fantastic music.

I wish there was a version without the sound effects... That really was amazing music.

Stardust Dragon

2016 Sep 08, 23:37:52 #1076 Last Edit: 2016 Sep 08, 23:40:34 by Stardust Dragon
Quote from: Rikaria on 2016 Sep 08, 20:36:37
I wish there was a version without the sound effects... That really was amazing music.

Same here.  I hope it's on the new soundtrack.  I was probably going to buy it anyways, because I admit Pokemon has me glued to the brand, and once again Nintendo music.
Although whatever instrument shows up way late into it made me think I was killing my headphones because there was a sort of crackling in the right earpiece.  But it came out of my laptop's speakers too, so I suspect it's just part of the track...

Spoiler: show
Also, can we take a second to appreciate the fact that there's a Magikarp houseboat (about 9/10 seconds in)?  That's both hilarious and amazing: I love those kinds of little things in these games.  Gives the world just a hair more personality.

Chromastone64

So it took me a bit of digging and time to realize what professor people were freaking out over.
Spoiler: show
Oak has a relative now? Huh.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Rikaria

And now since I'm assuming you all caught up in the recent Sun/Moon news, here's some theory pics:

Spoiler: The really obvious one • show

Spoiler: Leading to something? • show

Stardust Dragon

2016 Sep 09, 22:02:15 #1079 Last Edit: 2016 Sep 09, 22:21:34 by Stardust Dragon
Well, that just happened.

Can anyone tell me real quick of Zekrom is actually shiny locked in AS or not?  I thought it was, but I want to be sure before I know for certain this shiny, 6IV Zekrom I just got of Wonder Trade is hacked.

Edit: Guess I'm kinda panicking for nothing here.  It seems like everything falls within legal values for Zekrom, IVs do check out with it's stats (factoring in complete EV training) and since I don't play competitively I probably shouldn't see any issue from this thing showing up in my box.  Does that sound accurate to anyone else here?  It's just the first time I've gotten something that screams "this was hacked", so I'm a little paranoid there's going to be lasting harm to my game, which my research doesn't support.

Go Up