Vendors Don't Want My Money.

Started by Magicphobic, 2018 Dec 17, 16:04:50

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Magicphobic

Hey! I'm new to LoE, and I'm loving it so far but I do have a small problem it seems... I can't buy/sell from vendors in game.

I go and talk to them and the only option is the "I'm just looking, thanks." Option. I doubled checked to make sure I am talking to ponies able to sell me stuff such as Marvell in Ponydale, but It won't let me open up the transaction window. I have bits, I have supplies, I'm not quite sure what's going on.

I'm figuring I'm either missing something in the story/tutorial, or I'm glitched.

I should mention I did the first few quests, I'm a Pegasus btw, and I did the wolf thingy in the forest and finished that storyline, I didn't see much other quests to do aside from a few short ones in Cloudoplis, So I kinda rushed into adulthood to do my talent mark quests, because I'm playing as my OC and she's an adult pony. I'm not sure if rushing it may have anything to do with my inability to buy anything.

I really need to buy and sell stuff, I'm also looking for cosmetic reasons because I want some hats and such. (Also side note my OC is actually an Alicorn and while I understand its OP to have both race stuff, is there any cosmetic horns I can find in game??)

Thanks in advance for any information on this.
"Chaotic Neutral in case you're wondering."

valex44568

2018 Dec 17, 16:29:27 #1 Last Edit: 2018 Dec 17, 16:31:34 by valex44568
Make sure that you're selecting the "shop" option when interacting with a vendor and not the "talk" option. Also, there is a cosmetic horn, but you can only get it once you're an adult. It's the quest reward for Micro Transaction, the filly on the main road near the plaza in Cantermore.

Also, welcome to the horse game.

CMC Scootaloo

Welcome to Equestria! The main vendors in Ponyville and Canterlot are Buttercup and Bluebell; try it with them, choose "Shop" and see if you get the same bug.
Another cosmetic horn you can get is the bronze helmet, as it has a horn on top of it. You can get one for free if you make the quest offered by Lieutenant Snipe in Cloudsdale.
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

Magicphobic

2018 Dec 18, 09:12:46 #3 Last Edit: 2018 Dec 18, 09:30:11 by Magicphobic
Quote from: valex44568 on 2018 Dec 17, 16:29:27Make sure that you're selecting the "shop" option when interacting with a vendor and not the "talk" option. Also, there is a cosmetic horn, but you can only get it once you're an adult. It's the quest reward for Micro Transaction, the filly on the main road near the plaza in Cantermore.

Also, welcome to the horse game.
te author=CMC Scootaloo link=msg=1033894 date=1545114893]
Welcome to Equestria! The main vendors in Ponyville and Canterlot are Buttercup and Bluebell; try it with them, choose "Shop" and see if you get the same bug.
Another cosmetic horn you can get is the bronze helmet, as it has a horn on top of it. You can get one for free if you make the quest offered by Lieutenant Snipe in Cloudsdale.
[/quote]

Thanks for the warm welcomes and the information!

And thank you for information on the horn, gonna go track that down. :)

Edit: FOUND THE SHOP OPTION, I'm real dumb had to right click >.<

Also uh another problem, Looking for Micro Transaction for the cosmetic horn, and they seem to be missing?

I compared this shop to the one on the wiki and it looks to be the same... or am I just being dumb and in the wrong place again?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/322450696509063169/524594193268473866/unknown.png

CMC Scootaloo

No, it is the right shop. The NPC doesn't show up for foals, because sadly, a lot of things are restricted to adults and unavailable for foal players..... :c
It should show up for you, so if it doesn't, it is either a bug or the quest is seasonal, because it was put into LoE for April Foals Day (it's ironic to call it that, when foals can't even do this quest ono).
I can't confirm any of this, because as a foal I can't see the NPC by default (I feel like I'm starting to beat a dead foal here :P), so you can only ask another adult pony to find out if the NPC is still here.
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

valex44568

I can confirm that Micro Transaction is still there for me, so all you have to do is grow up and her quest will become available.

Magicphobic

Hey figured it out, had to do the graduation quest first, I was already an adult but apparently things are locked until the graduation quest is done - Took me awhile to figure that out... Would love there to be a "what to do next" option in game (i didnt see any if it exists already) which gives suggestions of "main" quests.

anyway I got my horn, I'm happy. :)

Noodle Script

I had a similar problem, when I was new to the game. There was Taffy Treat who sent me to talk to Hullabaloo, but I didn't find him. The reason was that I was just a colt at that time and Hullabaloo only appears when you are an adult pony. I would also approve of a "what to do next" option, or what I would appreciate would be if questgivers tell you that you can only do a quest later, though that would require an explanation, why foals cannot do it or give another explanation, like Hullabaloo being currently out of town.

I had a similar case recently. I accepted a quest from Bando Bruno in Cloudopolis to light all lamps in his dojo, but it is apparently a quest for pegasi only. I tried to teleport on the lamps but it didn't work. Can't think of a way how earth ponies would do it.

In short, I would like that you cannot accept quests that you cannot finish.

Go Up