"best
console
we've ever
made"

That's debatable.

Spoiler: show

Very debatable.  ovO

Spencer the Pegasus Guard

I want to meet a sane person who will buy this as much as I want to meet a person that doesn't know who Luke Skywalker's father is.
I have a Tin Foil hat....I am 100 percent okay with this.

KoalaLover99

Reggie had this to say, "The best way for console makers to deal with the used games market is to ensure their games are so good that people don't want to trade them in." So that's another slap at Microsoft lol

Sea Foam

Quote from: KoalaLover99 on 2013 Jun 14, 11:59:46
Reggie had this to say, "The best way for console makers to deal with the used games market is to ensure their games are so good that people don't want to trade them in." So that's another slap at Microsoft lol

But in seriousness, has Microsoft addressed any of this hillarious negativity yet?

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

CyanideInsanity

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2013 Jun 14, 15:16:45
But in seriousness, has Microsoft addressed any of this hillarious negativity yet?

Kind of.  We now know for certain M$ doesn't want "peasants" to own an xbox one; If you don't have access to the internet, get an xbox 360! They're really doing a terrible job of marketing it to those who aren't fanatical fanboys.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Shadow Mare

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2013 Jun 14, 15:16:45
Quote from: KoalaLover99 on 2013 Jun 14, 11:59:46

I love "That 70's Show". :D

Chishio Kunrin

Even while reading the pastebin of the original post, I started thinking "Wouldn't it be better to say this in an official kind of broadcast from the company itself, not on 4Chan?" And the further I read, the more unprofessional it seemed.

Yep. Definitely fake.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Spencer the Pegasus Guard

Alright everybody, place your bets on what Microsoft's next big screw up is going to be.
I have a Tin Foil hat....I am 100 percent okay with this.

Shadow Mare

ArtVeigar

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 15, 11:05:28
Even while reading the pastebin of the original post, I started thinking "Wouldn't it be better to say this in an official kind of broadcast from the company itself, not on 4Chan?" And the further I read, the more unprofessional it seemed.

Yep. Definitely fake.

It seems fake, but in a way, it does make sense... I think M$ is being just dumb with all we have seen from their first conference and from E3. It's impossible for them to be just ignoring all the rant about their console and it's features. I never liked M$, but it was aways good at convincing people to buy their stuff. But this past days they have been just looking like fools, and Sony is taking all the advantage it can from this situation. Even if I will probably be getting a PS4 at the end, I don't think M$ will let things go as it is...

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: ArtVeigar on 2013 Jun 16, 01:35:24
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 15, 11:05:28

Yep. Definitely fake.

It seems fake, but in a way, it does make sense... I think M$ is being just dumb with all we have seen from their first conference and from E3. It's impossible for them to be just ignoring all the rant about their console and it's features. I never liked M$, but it was aways good at convincing people to buy their stuff. But this past days they have been just looking like fools, and Sony is taking all the advantage it can from this situation. Even if I will probably be getting a PS4 at the end, I don't think M$ will let things go as it is...

It does kind of make sense, but there's still the counter-argument that people can download games on the PS3 and Wii and don't need to connect to the internet to check in every 24 hours.

And unless I see someone from Microsoft really say this kind of stuff and explain this stuff, I won't believe it. As it stands right now, it's just a fan trying to justify the Xbox One with their own speculation.

I wonder what happened to Microsoft for them to make things like Windows 8 and Xbox One, though. Did they bring on some new people who came up with this stuff? Did they lose some people who prevented bad ideas? What happened?
Honestly, if they snap out of this and stop making such bad/weird decisions, I'll likely resume buying their products. But for now, I won't stand for that crud.

Little Judas

I found a positive thing about XBox One!!!

Quote from: GameinformerIn addition, Microsoft has revealed that up to ten players in your "family" can have access to your shared library of games from any console, and you'll be able to access your full library of games and play them from any connected Xbox One.

Link to entire article.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/06/xbox-one-game-sharing-used-game-policy-detailed.aspx
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Blues-Music

Quote from: Little Judas on 2013 Jun 16, 04:36:45

Quote from: GameinformerIn addition, Microsoft has revealed that up to ten players in your "family" can have access to your shared library of games from any console, and you'll be able to access your full library of games and play them from any connected Xbox One.

Link to entire article.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/06/xbox-one-game-sharing-used-game-policy-detailed.aspx
Not positive.
So what if ten people of your family could play?It's very rare for TWO family members to play video games. Also even if someone has a family of ten gamers it's still not a positive. Just because it was something worse , and they turned it less so doesn't make it good. Before we knew that we couldn't lend games , but now we know we can only lend to 10 people on the same console. So just because it's a tiny , and unnoticable slightly remove of a negative does not make it a positive.

Never in my life will I consider this console. The wii-U is superior anyway.

CyanideInsanity

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Jun 16, 06:58:31

Link to entire article.
Not positive.
So what if ten people of your family could play?It's very rare for TWO family members to play video games. Also even if someone has a family of ten gamers it's still not a positive. Just because it was something worse , and they turned it less so doesn't make it good. Before we knew that we couldn't lend games , but now we know we can only lend to 10 people on the same console. So just because it's a tiny , and unnoticable slightly remove of a negative does not make it a positive.

It allows you to share you're library with 9 others(or is the 10 not including you?) so long as they are in your "family". So you can also share all your games with your closest friends if only you or a single sibling play games, though restricting some simultaneous play. I think its two can play the same single player game, but I think multiplayer is completely denied simul-play aside from splitscreen.

So 10 people have access a game library where each game was payed for once, instead of 10 times. Its actually pretty good, but its certainly not enticing me to buy.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Little Judas

Link to entire article.
Not positive.

It's like a small island in the sea of bad features, might be enough to save the crew of the sinking USS XBox 1.

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words

Chishio Kunrin

Link to entire article.
Not positive.

I wanna know if that selection of people is permanent. Like, if I fill my list with people, have a fight with someone, and decide I don't wanna share my games with that person anymore, will I be able to remove them from my list and replace them with someone else? (That's saying if I bought an Xbox One, which I likely won't.)

It also confuses me that Microsoft is doing this. Are they starting to give in, trying to get people to come back and consider the Xbox One? Letting 10 people play your games freely kind of defeats the purpose of Microsoft's used games hate. If those 10 people can play my copy of Halo 5, I don't think they're gonna buy Halo 5 for themselves... unless there are limitations they haven't told us about yet.

Also, as far as privacy settings go, there are people who are not convinced about the Kinect privacy settings or anything else Microsoft is saying about the Xbox One Kinect. Among those people who aren't convinced are people who actually own a Kinect themselves. Not only does the Kinect notice everyone, regardless of whether they're playing or not, it also picks up on everyone's voices, regardless of whether or not they're in its view. My mom's friend has had trouble with her daughter talking to her while she uses it and the Kinect picking up on her daughter's voice and responding to it.

So, just think, the Xbox One's Kinect will always be on. It'll always be watching and listening. It will always see you, and it will always listen to what anyone within its "hearing" range says.

Little Judas

NSA proud sponsor of XBox One

ArtVeigar

Wow, it's starting to look like a big conspiracy where M$ is trying to conquer the world. What I seriously wouldn't doubt if it were true.

About the 10 family members thing, It's explained in Angry Joe's interview. From what I undertood, it seems up to ten perfils registered in that console can play all the games in the console's library. It doesn't extend to other consoles. To play in other console, you need to login in that console and verify every one or two hours.

Chishio Kunrin

2013 Jun 16, 12:15:36 #119 Last Edit: 2013 Jun 16, 12:19:07 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: ArtVeigar on 2013 Jun 16, 11:56:36
Wow, it's starting to look like a big conspiracy where M$ is trying to conquer the world. What I seriously wouldn't doubt if it were true.

About the 10 family members thing, It's explained in Angry Joe's interview. From what I undertood, it seems up to ten perfils registered in that console can play all the games in the console's library. It doesn't extend to other consoles. To play in other console, you need to login in that console and verify every one or two hours.

Ahhh. So that's that "If you're using another console, you have to check in every hour" I heard about. That's annoying. :\

And I'm still not happy about the regulations on used games. Seriously, companies should not get to decide what I can do with my copy of a game. I bought it, and therefore, I now own it. It's mine to do with what I want (except make copies of it because that's illegal).

There's also the fact that Microsoft has apparently not said anything about what the used game regulations are gonna be on first party games.

Post Merge

I just realized.
People can't just go rogue and sell their games on eBay or anything like that because the games won't work on other people's Xbox One.

I'd rather sell my games on eBay than at GameStop, personally, because I'm pretty sure I'd get more money out of it from eBay. All you have to do is sell it for more than GameStop would give you, but for less than GameStop would sell it for.

Go Up