Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GoldenTerrabyte

When nohuman is rolepaying. Like right now.
I'm back

The Wandering Magus

(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Teal Turken

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2013 Jul 10, 09:43:14
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jul 09, 22:43:17
In online games when the other person leaves because you're winning. Please make it so you can't do this in LoE!

When I'm not allowed to leave whenever I want.
I honestly don't care what the other people think, the reason I quit is because stress. If I'm denied being able to do that or get punished for it, I'll hate the game very, very soon. After all, which is better: Somebody leaving for a while, or them needing to buy a new computer because they threw it across the room?

When people call you a loser for quitting out of the game.
Really? I leave for my benefit and you're messaging me, one who you'll likely never see again, that I'm a loser?
Shrug it off and get back to having fun. I have never messaged anyone for leaving a game.
Besides sometimes it's not your fault.

Losing connection during an online game.

Being confused about something and people not clarifying (especially when they blame me for a mistake when I asked for clarification of something and they didn't elaborate for me).

Mr. Gency

When people sign their posts. More so when the forum they're on has signatures.
The best part of a stealth game is sitting in a dark corner, listening to some guards talk about mundane things.

PrincessButton

Gotta have normal coloured hair to get a normal sort of job.  DD:
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Xeno

2013 Jul 11, 00:44:41 #10065 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 11, 00:46:33 by Xeno
When I'm taking orders with a long line at my Starbucks where I work and then this one person comes up and rambles off five drinks and I have to ask what size they want, if they wanted hot or ice (especially lately with the heat) if they wanted a drink sweetened or another with whipped cream or not and they get more annoyed that I have to ask them questions so we make what they want but they get upset when they order and come back because they forgot something and we have to send them to the back of the line because others were waiting in line and they get upset and thenIgetannoyedandthelinegetsannoyedanddrinksbackupbecausesomeonedidn'tgetwhattheyorderedbecausetheyreallywanteditsweetenedandtheysaidno
whenIaskedandthebaristamadeitlikethatandtheydidn'twantitandnowtheyhavetostopandremakeitwhilemoredrinkslineup AAAUUUUGHHH
D:

Pipkin

Quote from: Xeno on 2013 Jul 11, 00:44:41
When I'm taking orders with a long line at my Starbucks where I work and then this one person comes up and rambles off five drinks and I have to ask what size they want, if they wanted hot or ice (especially lately with the heat) if they wanted a drink sweetened or another with whipped cream or not and they get more annoyed that I have to ask them questions so we make what they want but they get upset when they order and come back because they forgot something and we have to send them to the back of the line because others were waiting in line and they get upset and thenIgetannoyedandthelinegetsannoyedanddrinksbackupbecausesomeonedidn'tgetwhattheyorderedbecausetheyreallywanteditsweetenedandtheysaidno
whenIaskedandthebaristamadeitlikethatandtheydidn'twantitandnowtheyhavetostopandremakeitwhilemoredrinkslineup AAAUUUUGHHH
D:

^Every single retail job in the world.

Wait until management, where you get to combine days like this with days dealing with corporate.
Those are fun days

I hate the cost of hotel rooms(particularly the ones in Baltimore.....)

Chishio Kunrin

My cat Callie just hopped onto my desk, and when I told her to get down, she decided to lie down and make herself comfortable instead. She's partially on my mousepad, and she's terribly restricting the mouse's movement. I don't have the heart to forcefully move her.
:c

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Teal Turken

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jul 11, 12:32:37
My cat Callie just hopped onto my desk, and when I told her to get down, she decided to lie down and make herself comfortable instead. She's partially on my mousepad, and she's terribly restricting the mouse's movement. I don't have the heart to forcefully move her.

Get her attention away from the computer.
Does she hide or run to the front door when it opens?
Does she run for cat treats? (Give her just one if so)
Is she afraid of loud noises?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2013 Jul 11, 12:46:53
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jul 11, 12:32:37

Get her attention away from the computer.
Does she hide or run to the front door when it opens?
Does she run for cat treats? (Give her just one if so)
Is she afraid of loud noises?

She was just kind of relaxing, but after a little while, she decided to get off the desk. X3 She rarely gets on the desk anymore. I think her kittens are just wearing her out, and there are very few places she can go to get away from them.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Teal Turken

2013 Jul 11, 13:04:40 #10070 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 11, 13:16:42 by Teal Turken
The joys of being a mom. ovO

I'll never know that, I'm a boy.

Post Merge

The 8 million new Pinkie Pie accounts and Pinkie Pie characters in LoE. DD:

Mr. Gency

I was riding a train when a guy dances his way on with his music playing from a speaker.

I'm thinking "wow, none of this random stuff ever happens around me." So I decide to record him. He was even cool about it.

Unfortunately, I had stuffed about as much music on my phone as I could without making it start screwing. The video was enough to start making my phone glitch out and I lost 3 and a half minutes of footage because the camera crashed.
The best part of a stealth game is sitting in a dark corner, listening to some guards talk about mundane things.

The Wandering Magus

Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

GoldenTerrabyte

Haha, hey, it's page 404 now! Like 404 error. THOSE annoy me. (BTW it might be a different page # for you guys. I have it set to 25 posts per page instead of 10. Because 10 is too little, and 50 is too much.)
I'm back

The Wandering Magus

super_chris85

getting connection problems after like 5 508 errors

Ronineter

Having one hard drive with a broken sata connection, lucky enough it is repairble.
Worst Thing steam is on it And THE summersale just started........

Jack_Daft

Incoming bitter/burned out pony rant here.

SMALL TALK

I really have an unreasonable amount hate towards small talk.  Like a good number of careers, I'm around a lot of strangers in my job.  Even as a paramedic, I suppose people think I'm approachable and they have to talk to me about the most inane topics of conversation.  I'm mainly speaking of the "how are yous" and the "How's the weather" type conversations.

I understand it's a polite gesture to ask "how are you?" in almost every society, but it's to the point where it's a script with everyone I meet.  Honestly, most people don't care about your life.  So, I'm stuck in this constant spiral.

:P : Hi!  How are you?!
:l : Hey there, I'm alright. yourself?
:P : I'm good, thank you!

And if you're break that script with strangers usually it makes the situation awkward.  A complete stranger never wants to deal with:

:l : Well buddy, let me tell you... *long list of problems OR honest opinions about your mood/well being*
:o : Uh...

Also, I hate talk about the weather.  Living in the age of smartphones where we have access to the local forecast and the Weather Channel with a few taps of a fingerhoof, and you can get all the information you need.  And heaven forbid, you find out the weather by existing outside, let alone being next to a window if you just can't be outdoors.  This is redundant and I'm not gaining anything from this conversation.

In my job, I wish I could...

:l : I really don't care, ma'am.  This is the second time this week I had to pick up your boyfriend, stabilize him, and take him to the hospital for another narcotic overdose.  Skip the pleasantries, because none of us actually care about each other's well being. 
:o : You're a(n) #@&*!
:l : Yeah, probably.

I'm not saying this as intention to turn away friendly ponies here.  I'm here because I want to be here, so thus I'm going to care and genuinely be interested with other ponies here.

LoE: Bucky Geldin
Level 1 Sugarcane Farmer Earf Pony

Teal Turken

I see your point about small talk and I can see why it would be annoying.

Feeling dizzy.

Having the hiccups.

Feeling drowsy.

Little Judas

Today I got back from vacation, it was great and all that but... thanks to it I missed the Open Server Weekend.
Bummer
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Go Up