Metal thread

Started by Torch43, 2012 Apr 26, 00:36:06

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Reinhardt

Quote from: Champion RD92 on 2013 Jul 07, 15:13:22
Hey guys, I'm new here, so I thought I would post in here really quick. I have been getting pretty into metal lately, so yeah. Some bands that I listen to include Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Metallica, Atreyu, Trivium, Dream Theater, Megadeth, Slipknot, Between the Buried and Me, Lamb of God, Periphery, System of a Down, and In Flames.

you have good taste in music.

maddrummer

2013 Jul 08, 15:27:37 #61 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 08, 15:35:14 by maddrummer

One of my favorites  :D

Champion RD92

This is one of my favorite songs of all time:

Reinhardt

Jack_Daft

Ugh, I'm really not a fan of metal.  I can appreciate its technical prowess because there are some insanely talented metal guitarists out there.

Though, I'm an avid fan of the "game" Rocksmith.  I play it for PC, and you can actually download custom songs fans have made .  Someone made the song "I'm made of wax, Larry, what are you made of?" by A Day to Remember, and I managed to 99% this song with a bass guitar on master mode (where no notes are shown, you're graded by just playing the song!).  It's a good song, just I'm usually not into such  >:OANGRY >:O music.

This is metal, right?  Or is this post-hardcore?  If I'm being an idiot, somepony call me out on it please.

LoE: Bucky Geldin
Level 1 Sugarcane Farmer Earf Pony

Ivory Valor

Oh, let's see...

Avenged Sevenfold
Anthrax
Apocalyptica (Can you count them?)
Avantasia
Black Mages (Final Fantasy-based power metal)
Blind Guardian
Cryoshell (If you liked Bionicle, you've undoubtedly heard them)
Dark Moor
Disturbed
Dragonforce
Five Finger Death Punch
Hammerfall
Kamelot
Metallica
Nightwish
Psychostick (They're comedy metal, it counts! :P )
Rammstein
Some of the stuff from the Xenoblade OST (Mechanical Rhythm is PERFECTION)

I could go on, but... I think you get my point. :)
Statistical fact: cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees farther than they, and he will bind them with ancient logics.

Little Judas

Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Guardian Dreamer

it's definitely coooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

I love all bronies. you are make me happy.
Thanks Eivuiee!

Howitzer

Anyone here listen to heavy metal before the 90's?
like Ratt, Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot, Judas Priest, or Black Sabbath?
I just want to know if I'm alone on this or not.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Little Judas

Quote from: Howitzer on 2013 Jul 23, 23:10:10
Anyone here listen to heavy metal before the 90's?
like Ratt, Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot, Judas Priest, or Black Sabbath?
I just want to know if I'm alone on this or not.

You're not alone, I'm big fan of Black Sabbath.
Also most bands from 70's, though that's more Rock than Metal.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

delta78

Megadeth and Iron Maiden are my favorite at the moment ( but I do not listen only to metal )

I love this:

It gives me this super awesome vibes of space and science fiction.

and this:

I love a lot of Megadeth songs but the one that sticks out the most is this:

So much energy I get from this song, that at the end I feel like Superstallion!

Also the most favorite band of all is Queen, though they do not play metal, so maybe I should head to the Rock thread.
"Metal and Rock For Ever!"  /)

Sheer Amity

My all-time favorite band is Black Sabbath. Well, at least the stuff they released with Ozzy, so everything from the 70's plus the 13 album.

Junior's Eyes:

Zakk Wylde's playing is INTENSE and I've gotta put Black Label Society on this list.

Stillborn:

YNGWIE MALMSTEEN. NEO-CLASSICAL GOD.

Evil Eye:

Rhapsody of Fire is a fantastic Power Metal band, very melodic style.

Dargor, Shadowlord of Black Mountain:

Guardian Dreamer

I love all bronies. you are make me happy.
Thanks Eivuiee!

Sheer Amity

Quote from: Guardian Dreamer on 2013 Aug 16, 17:08:34

Dayum, me LIKEY! Definitely looking more into this band.

Ramisha

I don't really listen to music..... I know everyone says it's impossible but I prefer doing stuff in silence,or I play videogames so I don't need music.....
But that doesn't mean I don't like certain music. My brother listens to Tool, Metallica...umm....erm that's it. So it probably influenced me and I didn't become a whiny little brat that stalks One Direction or Justin Bieber!
(seriously,ask them -the fans- what's Bieber's sister's boyfriend's favourite color and they'll tell you-I don't know if he has a sister and I honestly don't care but that was an example)
So I'll share a song that I really really like and I know it from Guitar Hero.

And another song that I like,but it's not metal.

z3nith

I'm quite a big metal head myself.  Disturbed, Blue Stahli, Kamelot, Kovenant, Scar Symmetry, Solution.45, Pain, Sunless Rise, System of a Down, Celldweller, Metallica, Megadeth, Tribal INK, Mercenary, Darkseed, Adema, Alestorm, All That Remains, Amon Amarth, CKY, Altaria, Rammstein, Five Finger Death Punch...I can keep going.

The following are some real masterpieces by the some of the previously mentioned artists.

Celldweller - Against The Tide

Kamelot - Solitaire

Darkseed - Ultimate Darkness

Solution.45 - Clandestiny Now
"Floating down / as colors fill the light / We look up from the ground / in fields of paperwhite / And floating up / you pass us in the night / A future gazing out / a past to overwrite  / So come down / far below / We've been waiting to collect the things you know"

delta78

Ah, the classics! On of my favorite songs of Iron Maiden.

"Metal and Rock For Ever!"  /)

Lucien

Progressive Metal:

Starting anew. I am a musician. My past here means nothing.

Arashikage

If one were to ask me what soundtrack has shaped my life, I wouldn't respond with pop or rap, nor would I say that I have walked the planes of this earth with my MP3 player loaded with the latest Christian contemporary or soft rock.  No.  In fact, the music that I have listened to most was in fact metal. 

It's actually funny, considering where I came from.  When I was wee, I would listen to country almost exclusively.  There was no other music I would open up to.  However, when I was growing up, I had been influenced by my cousin, who would always listen to the rock station, and the sound of the guitars, the bass, it was all magical.  From when I started eighth grade, it had been Lynyrd Skynyrd, Buddy Holly, The Ramones, Billy Squier, and bands like that.  All classic rock.  About the time I entered high school though, my tastes had changed.  I longed for a heavier set of music. 

The first metal band I had ever listened to, which is the band that's responsible for getting me into metal in the first place, was Slipknot.  With songs like Before I Forget, Snuff, Til We Die, All Hope Is Gone, Child of Burning Time, and Gently, Slipknot is one of my favorite bands.  They are metal to the core, but they haven't forgotten the melody that shapes music as we know it.  It's not just shouting and instrumental with Slipknot, the lead singer Corey Taylor has proven, he can sing.  When Taylor was with Stone Sour, he did a lot more hard rock-ish style music.  Lot more singing, but the metal roots have not been forgotten.  Songs like Orchids, Through Glass, Come Whatever May, Socio, Get Inside, and Take a Number show just what Stone Sour is about. 

More bands that I have listened to and like include Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, Staind, Skillet, and Cryoshell

I'd like to apologize for my wall of text, I'm rather long winded when it comes to music discussion, but please, if you disagree or even agree, please tell me. 
E papa waiari taku nei mahi he tuku roimata

Ramisha

Yays!!!
My favorite band is Slipknot too! See my avatar? It's Corey Taylor pony.
Spoiler: big wall of text you don't have to read • show
Slipknot is actually the first band whose songs I've listened to. Like, really listened, not just heard the music.
I mean, I liked other music, you know, Metallica, the Guitar Hero songs, but I didn't just decide "I want to listen to music now" when I listened to them.
When I listen to music, it's music only. I don't to anything else. I mean, if you're listening to music, you shouldn't be interrupting it with speech or something else, right?

Anyway, I was just checking for some songs from Guitar Hero (because I was alone at home and I was bored), and I found Before I forget. I really liked that song. Then I checked the band that made it. Slipknot. Hm, I've heard of them.
I listened to their other songs and I loved them  ^-^ my favorite right now is Duality.
I like how there's the rough parts and the nice, melodic kind of parts in their music.

Oh, also, it was probably my brother who got me interested in metal music. He listened to Metallica, and... well, it was 90% Metallica. Everyone here listens to some stupid folk or something music, I don't even know how it's called in English, and pop and techno/dubstep things these days. If he was like them, I'm afraid I'd be like that too.
My neighbors listen to metal too, though, and a few people in my school do too, so I'm not alone.

Go Up