Rumors that disappointed you past or present

Started by Lync Volan, 2015 Jan 30, 05:41:56

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lync Volan

just name Rumors that disappoint or disappointed you and add a little detail to it if possible
(please do try to keep them in a spoiler box so not to bother others who dislike rumors or things that are not proven by facts)

Spoiler: don't click if you hate spreading rumors • show
the Rumor about Equestria Girls 3 is what bothers me cause i wanted another Movie of course but i thought it would revolve around Sunset Shimmer again but from the story it seems its gonna revolve around Rainbow Dash and Spitfire the most since its about some kinda sports Games in the school but don't get me wrong cause Rainbow Dash is one of my 3 favorites
but more on the rumor itself it seems Spitfires team will be facing the Shadow Colts/Bolts
and on the bright side they might add "Archery" into the sports list

Spoiler: don't click if you hate spreading rumors • show
i'm not really "Disappointed" about this one but "Equestria Academy" tv series rumor i heard about it and it sounds like a fun idea and i still think if enough others like the movies there still could be one but i was really hoping for that to be a thing already lol
it doesn't have to be related to Mlp but i just chose to keep mines that way :]

Chishio Kunrin

Spoiler: show
It's very strange how, in high school, as someone pretty low on the popularity ladder, I didn't get much up-front interaction with anyone who wasn't my friend, and yet I had rumors about me.

There is one that still bothers me today, not because it was hurtful or terrible, just because it's super duper confusing, like a mystery!!!

Tons of people thought I wore a wolf tail to school every day. But I don't even own a wolf tail! :I I never wore any kind of tail to school ever! I even met people who were like "Oh, I remember you. You used to wear a wolf tail every day." What?? You've seen me do this? Are you sure it isn't some kind of bizarre doppleganger I somehow never saw?!

I mean, sure, the student body was about 2,200 to 2,300 people, but you would think that I'd notice a girl who looks just like me wearing a wolf tail at some point in the 4 years I attended! A wolf tail hanging from someone's pants kinda stands out, y'know?

I can't figure it out, and for a little while in school, I started to wonder if I was going crazy!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

2015 Jan 30, 10:20:29 #2 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 30, 14:42:44 by Trege
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Jan 30, 09:46:17
It's very strange how, in high school, as someone pretty low on the popularity ladder, I didn't get much up-front interaction with anyone who wasn't my friend, and yet I had rumors about me.

There is one that still bothers me today, not because it was hurtful or terrible, just because it's super duper confusing, like a mystery!!!

Tons of people thought I wore a wolf tail to school every day. But I don't even own a wolf tail! :I I never wore any kind of tail to school ever! I even met people who were like "Oh, I remember you. You used to wear a wolf tail every day." What?? You've seen me do this? Are you sure it isn't some kind of bizarre doppleganger I somehow never saw?!

I mean, sure, the student body was about 2,200 to 2,300 people, but you would think that I'd notice a girl who looks just like me wearing a wolf tail at some point in the 4 years I attended! A wolf tail hanging from someone's pants kinda stands out, y'know?

I can't figure it out, and for a little while in school, I started to wonder if I was going crazy!

Someone mentioned something that was interesting at one point, it was that people who haven't seen a person or thing that relates to one of their memories in awhile the cell holding that memory in the brain starts to degrade or something since it hasn't been refreshed yet sometimes those memories are lost or mixed up until it gets refreshed again. Also some people tend to believe things when they hear it enough times even if it isn't true which is kinda annoying and it's also why some rumors end up being even more annoying. I wonder if that whole memory thing relates somehow to what happened to you with people thinking they saw something they didn't maybe.  o.O

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Jan 30, 09:46:17

i don't know about you but i would totally go on an adventure to find myself wearing a wolf tail and if i heard of Eg when i was still in school i would have made a Wondercolts tail and wore that :]

Nuserame

I don't usually put enough stock in rumors to be disappointed by them.

That said... The Witcher 3 release getting delayed, twice, was kind of a bummer. I can see why they did it though and it's still better than a buggy release (oh hi Skyrim!), but still...

Spoiler: These spoilers sure make everything more secretive! • show
Hihi you clicked a pointless spoiler.
[/spoiler]
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

LostSanity

Two.

There was a rumor a long time ago about a 'The World Ends With You' sequel. I've heard nothing of it since then.

Not only that, but, in the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remake thing, they included an audio drama and even flat out mentioned later that Final Fantasy X-3 might eventually happen. I haven't seen anything about that since then either.

I want both of these things, but, I guess I'll just them to my list of plethora 'pipe dreams.'

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Lync Volan

Quote from: Nuserame on 2015 Jan 30, 14:01:06
Spoiler: These spoilers sure make everything more secretive! • show
Hihi you clicked a pointless spoiler.
[/spoiler]
I'll Get Pay Back Someday >A<!
Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Jan 30, 18:01:37
Two.

There was a rumor a long time ago about a 'The World Ends With You' sequel. I've heard nothing of it since then.

Not only that, but, in the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remake thing, they included an audio drama and even flat out mentioned later that Final Fantasy X-3 might eventually happen. I haven't seen anything about that since then either.

I want both of these things, but, I guess I'll just them to my list of plethora 'pipe dreams.'

:l
those rumors that don't lead anywhere :c

Mizuki

I remember I once (accidentally) started a pretty huge rumor! At least it was big enough to send a handful of people into an entire frenzy lol It's also Pokemon related!

Okay so for those who don't remember; in the Pokemon anime, Ash/Satoshi let his Charizard stay at a place with other more powerful Charizard so it can become stronger like the others. Since then Charizard was basically gone from the show, minus its epic cameo in Pokemon 3 The movie.

Anyway, a lot of time had passed. But the story I'm about to tell you still takes place a long, long time ago. In a galaxy far away.

It was back during my days of hanging out in a "MSN" Pokemon chat room on a device called WebTV. I had read online somewhere that "in the last episode of Pokemon, Charizard came back!" It was an episode that had aired in Japan somewhat recently at the time.

So I started to freak out because I thought that it was literally "the very last episode of Pokemon EVER!" and I began a big kerfuffle in the chat room. Everyone acted like the sky was falling, and everyone was brainstorming ways to protest against this.

I mean it made sense, right? Having Charizard return to its original trainer did sorta sound kind of "final", y'know?

But yeah, that's the only rumor I can think of X3

EDIT: OH! I forgot, I'm not disappointed by the rumor being false! But I just wanted to share a rumor story that would have been disappointing had it been actually true!

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Sunshine Smash

I think I speak for most of us when I say

That Mew truck in Red and Blue. Sadly I was gullible enough to believe it....

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

LeviathanTS

2015 Feb 02, 18:01:33 #9 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 02, 18:09:38 by LeviathanTS
Enjoying my personal 'ice cream leave of absence' as stated in code 3.5.31 in the manual

I guarantee that you will not like this rumor...
[spoiler]
Unfortunately, I don't know how to rename spoilers...this one is called James
[spoiler]
Please do not continue
[spoiler]
Thanks for not continuing...
[spoiler]
This is your FINAL warning
[spoiler]
Maybe not...
[spoiler]
Half Life 3 confirmed

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Someone started a rumor around me... they accused me of creating a fake spoiler
br /><br />Alastor created the amazing banner of the Chat-O-Landians! 8)
(Peace Keeper originally created my pfp, but it has since broken :( Hi, I'm Frost Burn, I like to help if I can! if you need me, I'm here :D

Stardust Dragon

I was sorta...trusting, when I was young. Way too trusting.  So when someone told me Disneyland had added a new part of the park that was Pokemon themed I believed him and couldn't wait to go back.  My mom talked some sense into me before I was disappointed  when we did go, but I distinctly remember not believing her for a good long while about it.  Not one of my proudest childhood moments, I can tell you that. :c

Quote from: LeviathanTS on 2015 Feb 02, 18:01:33

[spoiler]
[spoiler]
Please do not continue
[spoiler]
[spoiler]
[spoiler]
Maybe not...
[spoiler]
Half Life 3 confirmed

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Cheeky git :P

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Feb 02, 14:00:20
I think I speak for most of us when I say

That Mew truck in Red and Blue. Sadly I was gullible enough to believe it....

I've only heard that one after I was well into later games, and never had the chance of trying it myself. 

Lync Volan

2015 Feb 03, 02:42:24 #11 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 03, 05:06:29 by Lync Volan
Quote from: Mizuki on 2015 Feb 02, 09:15:37
Okay so for those who don't remember; in the Pokemon anime, Ash/Satoshi let his Charizard stay at a place with other more powerful Charizard so it can become stronger like the others. Since then Charizard was basically gone from the show, minus its epic cameo in Pokemon 3 The movie.

Anyway, a lot of time had passed. But the story I'm about to tell you still takes place a long, long time ago. In a galaxy far away.

It was back during my days of hanging out in a "MSN" Pokemon chat room on a device called WebTV. I had read online somewhere that "in the last episode of Pokemon, Charizard came back!" It was an episode that had aired in Japan somewhat recently at the time.

So I started to freak out because I thought that it was literally "the very last episode of Pokemon EVER!" and I began a big kerfuffle in the chat room. Everyone acted like the sky was falling, and everyone was brainstorming ways to protest against this.

I mean it made sense, right? Having Charizard return to its original trainer did sorta sound kind of "final", y'know?

^honestly my only reply lol

Post Merge

Quote from: LeviathanTS on 2015 Feb 02, 18:01:33
Enjoying my personal 'ice cream leave of absence' as stated in code 3.5.31 in the manual

[spoiler]
[spoiler]
Please do not continue
[spoiler]
[spoiler]
[spoiler]
Maybe not...
[spoiler]
Half Life 3 confirmed

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

thanks for making me click all those spoiler boxes DD:!
(especially with this dang mouse)

Post Merge

i found a new video game rumor and i would be Disappointed if it turned out to be completely false
there really isn't any proof of this game but it seems possible cause of the Squeal snow ball fighting games on the cartoon network website and Omniverse did get another cross over
The characters i would love to play as would be Finn & Jake,Juniper Lee,Marceline Abadeer,all the ben 10 characters go without saying :] but again...its unlikely more so cause it says they will add the fan comic PPG characters+T.O.M from Toonami and his not even from CN so it is most unlikely to me but now this got me wanting DD: v
(http://cartoonnetwork.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:DarKingdomHearts/Cartoon_Network_Punch_Time_Explosion_2)

LeviathanTS

2015 Feb 03, 20:49:38 #12 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 03, 20:55:57 by LeviathanTS
Continue at your own peril... You have been warned

You really ought to quit while you're ahead...
[spoiler]
Learn from last time
[spoiler]
I even told you that you're being trolled
[spoiler]
Your curiosity consumes you
[spoiler]
This spoiler is called Sunset Shimmer (Hi Lync)
[spoiler]
Spoiler alert
[spoiler]
This isnt funny now...and it wasn't funny in the first place
[spoiler]
Here's your prize:
[spoiler]
Your mouse has passed the endurance test (R.I.P Lync's mouse) and here's the rumor...
[spoiler]
Microsoft can't count to 10 (good job with windows 10 btw)

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

I'll stop...soon
(Peace Keeper originally created my pfp, but it has since broken :( Hi, I'm Frost Burn, I like to help if I can! if you need me, I'm here :D

Nuserame

Quote from: LeviathanTS on 2015 Feb 03, 20:49:38

[spoiler]
Learn from last time
[spoiler]
[spoiler]
[spoiler]
[spoiler]
Spoiler alert
[spoiler]
[spoiler]
Here's your prize:
[spoiler]
Your mouse has passed the endurance test (R.I.P Lync's mouse) and here's the rumor...
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

I'll stop...soon

*clicks quote button and skips to the last spoiler*

Indeed, but it looks better and a bit faster than the last windows so hooray?
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Lync Volan

2015 Feb 04, 01:11:23 #14 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 04, 01:13:12 by Lync Volan
Quote from: LeviathanTS on 2015 Feb 03, 20:49:38

[spoiler]
Learn from last time
[spoiler]
[spoiler]
[spoiler]
[spoiler]
Spoiler alert
[spoiler]
[spoiler]
Here's your prize:
[spoiler]
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

I'll stop...soon
Ugh! after you said Sunset Shimmer i couldn't stop DD:!
i shouldn't have fell for that in the first place given i'm like all over the web for that kinda info X3
Spoiler: Curiosity  • show

LeviathanTS

2015 Feb 04, 12:06:24 #15 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 04, 12:09:04 by LeviathanTS
I thought you were going to use my own weapon against me... It would of worked too because curiosity kills me as well

Lync Volan

Quote from: LeviathanTS on 2015 Feb 04, 12:06:24
I thought you were going to use my own weapon against me... It would of worked too because curiosity kills me as well
Clicking Spoiler boxes are easier then making them lol

derpyhooves0

One Was there wasn't going to be a yoshi's woolly world but it is FALSE yay
http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/922348-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic][/URL]
See more on [URL=http://knowyourmeme.com]Know Your Meme[/URL] ok new # #thedressmlp

Lync Volan

Quote from: derpyhooves0 on 2015 Feb 21, 12:47:00
One Was there wasn't going to be a yoshi's woolly world but it is FALSE yay
so you don't want one :s?

derpyhooves0

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Feb 21, 21:36:47
QuoteOne Was there wasn't going to be a yoshi's woolly world but it is FALSE yay

so you don't want one :s?

Well the thing Is that yay at the end of my rumor
http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/922348-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic][/URL]
See more on [URL=http://knowyourmeme.com]Know Your Meme[/URL] ok new # #thedressmlp

Go Up