previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lusterless Nova

2012 Aug 09, 06:28:10 Last Edit: 2013 Mar 03, 14:40:15 by Lusterless Nova
Defty Hoof
Spoiler: show
Name: Defty Hoof

Species: Earth Pony

Special talent: He says that his cutie mark means that he is a actor but the truth is that he is a master thief. He is able to steal almost anything as long as it is not too big or in view of the owner.

Residence: Canterlot

His Past: His parents where members of a guild of adventurers. At one of their adventures they took him with them when he was 13. Because of a accident he became blind. Since then he counts on his other senses to live his everyday life.

His Present: Defty makes a living from stealing what he can get. He seems to have other uses for money then just him.
He only steals what others can afford to loose though. Family treasures, objects like engagement rings and pendants, and anything else with emotional value are safe from him.

When he goes out to steal something he usually wears a black full-body-suit to hide his identity.

Appearance:
Spoiler: Defty Hoof • show

Spoiler: Incognito the Thief • show

Cutie Mark:

Personality: He is a clever colt and pretends to need help for small tasks to analyze the ponies around him. Despite being smart he often misses a certain point in his plans, resulting in him running away from his enemy. While he is not out to steal something he is like a usual pony: Nice, talkactive, likes to help.

Additional Info:
Usually he relies on his ears and his sense to feel vibrations on the ground. To create vibrations he uses a yoyo instead of a stick.
Years ago he unlocked the full potential of his brain to use PSI abilities.
He only uses PSI abilities while dressed as incognito.

Spoiler: PSI Abilities • show
PSI is the ability to manipulate yourself, your surroundings, or others using the power of the mind. It works by using the brain's full capacity instead of only a part of it. Since this can potentially cause serious damage, comparable with overheating, there is a natural blocker in order to limit the brain's maximum used capacity. PSI itself is divided into three general forms: Burst, Trance and Rise.

Spoiler: Burst • show
Burst, in summation, is the ability to manipulate the world around you. Burst has a number of forms it takes, ranging from the ability to move objects with only your mind, the power to command fire or lightning, or even the ability to manifest solid objects. As if to counteract this, Burst puts a tremendous strain on the user, proportional to the power of their ability. In addition, breaking or even damaging the Burst can lead to a breakdown of the mind or body.

Incognito is able to use Electricity (low strain on the mind) and something that he calls "Anti Matter" (high strain if used too long and often).

Spoiler: Trance • show
Trance, at its most basic, is the ability to manipulate the minds of others. There are less dangerous uses of Trance, such as being able to locate others or communicating between two, or creating illusions. However, unlike Burst waves, Trance thought waves are directly affected by the outside atmosphere and can be blocked by any defense in battles.

He uses Trance to sense minds around him or speak with comrades/enemies over long distances. It seems that this is the only PSI ability that he does not use when he is in battle.

Spoiler: Rise • show
Rise is used to manipulate the user. Rise powers can be subdivided into two types: "sense", and "strength.
Sense-type Rise increases the 5 senses of the user (sight, hearing, taste, smell, and touch) to extraordinary levels and also increases the user's reflexes.
Strength-type Rise focuses on the user's physical body, increasing the body's physical strength, speed, and endurance. It can simply be referred to as Super Strength.

He can enhance his remaining senses to run as fast as a marathon pony and dodge incoming projectiles. He can't do that for a long time though since this would cause a too strain in his mind.
For very short moments he can also increase his strength to punch with a strong force. The catch though is that he will feel the pain from the impact. Because of this he doesn't like to use this part of his power at all.

Since a while he uses a Yoyo to help himself. He fights with it by using it as a mid-range striking weapon, or as a grappling iron. The yoyo is made of steel and he has many of them.
[/spoiler]
Sky Blaze
Name: Sky Blaze

Species: Pegasus?

Residence: Cloudsdale

Appearance:
[spoiler]

His past: He may not look like it but he is a noble in a distant country. However. He didn't like all the rules and limitations and left his home when he was young. He somehow found his way to Cloudsdale and found a job  at Sweet Apple Acres.
To prevent being found by his Family he keeps his past secret to everyone.

His Present: He works at Sweet Apple Acres since he can't control weather. He hunts treasure to make some extra money. If he found too much jewelry he shares it with Rarity and Spike. He doesn't like the feeling of being rich.

Relatives:Unknown since he doesn't talk about it.

Likes: Day, Fire, Food, Dragons, Racing with rainbow dash (although he looses everytime), Fighting strong opponents.

Dislikes: rain and water.

Personality: Acts on his guts feeling. At his best he is passionate and decisive.  At his worst he is shortsighted and destructive.

Favorite Food: Apples, everything spicy

Favorite Season: Summer

Hobby: Training, working at sweet apple achres,

Special talent: Can cover his body in flames. If he impacts somewhere when he is covered in flames he creates a explosion. The power of the pressure and fire depends on his speed.
The flames start at 765mp/h (Mach 1) and increase as he gets faster. When he reaches his top speed he becomes a Comet that is 5 times bigger then himself.

Additional Info:
Takes no damage from his own impacts and has a high pain tolerance.
Has huge amounts of stamina. Thanks to that he can fly for long times without taking a break.
Needs 20 seconds to reach his top speed. (3600mp/h which is almost Mach 5)
Can not reach the speed of the sonic-Rain-boom although he is very close.
Can't control weather.
Instead of focusing on stunts he prefers the basics. Acceleration, agility and speed.
Is proud of his unique eyes.
Values freedom
When he gets exited his mane moves like it's on fire.

Spoiler: Movelist • show
Burning-Saw: By spinning himself horizontal he uses his flames to cut everything in his way.
Flame drill He spins himself around his own axle to create a drill. It's strong enough to drill even through solid rock.
Phoenix Soul Flies big circles to create a small sun in the center. It burns out if he stops.
Fire tornado By flying smaller circles he can create tornadoes. When he gets fast enough he can Ignite them.
Blaze bomb When he stops after reaching mach 1 or higher he can throw his flames at a target.
Comet Impact He crashes on his target covered in flames. His flames may be dangerous but the Pressure from the impact is this move's true power.
Dragon's Breath By breathing in some of his flames while he flies he can breathe fire for a short time.
[/spoiler]
Illumina Nova (Lumi)
Name: Illumina Nova

Species: Unicorn

Special talent: High level Water Wind and Light magic. She can create strong winds and even form floating weapons or use her water and magic to heal injuries and sickness or create barriers. She can combine her spells to create new spells.

Residence: Appleloosa

Her Past: She grew up in the same village as her brother. One day Lusterless Nova almost destroyed the village. The residents forgave him but he still left to pay for the damage. She wanted to stop him but wasn't strong enough. From that day she practiced with her magic and became an expert and was nicknamed "Double Mage" in her home.

Her Present: She gave up on trying to bring her brother back to their hometown. She now lives in appleloosa and helps the ponies there with her abilities.

Relitaves:
Mother: Chaos Nova
Father:  Spark Nova
Brother: Lusterless Nova

Appearance:
[spoiler]

Cutie Mark:

Dislikes: TBA

Personality: She is full of energy and her mood can change any second if it involves her brother. She is also nasty at some times but she is usually in a good mood and likes to talk with others. She cares for the ones around her and uses her magic to help them.

Favorite Food: None

Favorite Season: Spring

Hobby: None

Additional Info:
She uses her wind magic to run faster. Catching her is difficult even for Pegasus Pony.
Her full name is too long so she prefers her nickname Lumi
She can't use the natural levitation spell to pick up objects. When she lifts objects she does it with her wind magic.

Spellist:
Wind Magic. Her wind spells are offensive and will probably only be used in battle.
Repulse-force-barrier A shield made from wind. It counters with the same amount of power that was used to attack it. It has a limit though.
Hurricane Gale A powerful blow.
Wind Edge / Blade storm She creates a/multiple sharp blade/s of wind. It can't cut steel but goes through wood like a hot knife through butter.
Vortex / Vortex Bomb She creates a vortex on the tip of her horn and aims for a target to draw it to her. It can pull something as big as a bear without a problem. After a while the vortex bomb will explode and release a powerful multi-directional shockwave.
Wind Step With this spell she boosts her running speed for a while. However. Taking quick turns forces her to slow down.

Water Magic. Her water magic is Strategic. She uses it to slow down enemies of make some distance between them.
Sticky Bubbles It has mid tempo and sticks on the target and is as big as a head. One or two are not dangerous but if there are too many you can't move anymore.
Geyser A sudden stream of water comes out of the ground
Aqua Sphere Creates a sphere around her target. It can be used as a prison or a shield. It has short range
Freeze touch She lowers her body temperature. Whatever touches her will get frozen.

Light Magic  Her light magic is divided: Her healing is only usable outside of battle while the other spells are quick and usable anytime.
Healing touch  She covers a wound in light. The light heals the wound and vanishes. Healing interior organs is possible but takes a lot of time and concentration to heal the wounded completely.
Purification  This spell is used by her to heal a illness. She prepares some water (in a bottle or bowl) and casts this spell on it. The water will start to glow. The ill one drinks it and after a while it will heal the ill one.
Flashlight  A quick and very bright spell. It can blind anyone in range for a short time.
Sanctus  Her only offensive light spell. A ray of light comes down from the Sky and burns her target. This spell is only effective against evil creatures.

Combination Magic. When she wants to combine spells she needs some time to prepare them. The more powerfull the spell is the more time she needs.

A few seconds:
Ice Wall  A Combination of Geyser and Freeze touch. The Ice is crystal clear and almost as hard as steel.
Ice Thread  A Thread made of ice with a higher melt temperature than normal ice (somewhere near 15° instead of 0°). If someone steps on them they make a loud shatter-noise.
Healing sphere  A combination of Aqua sphere an Healing touch. She covers the wounded in water and combines it with her light magic.
Perfect Freeze By lowering the temperature around her she can freeze everything she touches.

[/spoiler]

PPBG

2012 Nov 24, 14:08:01 #1 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 24, 14:10:56 by PPBG
Spoiler: We can comment here, right? No one has yet... • show

Ah, so that's "Incognito"'s name. I find your take on "PSI" abilities interesting. ( Quotes because I like the word physic better. Heheheh... They are the same thing, right?)

I love how you do spell/move lists, and I like Lusterless Nova's summoning chants. ( I know he isn't on this page but... I felt like making one comment on all of your OCs. May I ask why they aren't on one page?)

*sighs* I find all of your OCs wonderful and detailed. *is envious*
My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

Rad Thunder

So Incognito is Defty? Makes sense... :P

Lusterless Nova

2012 Nov 24, 14:32:29 #3 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 24, 14:38:33 by Lusterless Nova
Quote from: PPBG on 2012 Nov 24, 14:08:01
Spoiler: We can comment here, right? No one has... • show

Ah, so that's "Incognito"'s name. I find your take on "PSI" abilities interesting. ( Quotes because I like the word physic better. Heheheh... They are the same thing, right?)

I love how you do spell/move lists, and I like Lusterless Nova's summoning chants. ( I know he isn't on this page but... I felt like making one comment on all of your OCs. May I ask why they aren't on one page?)

Thanks and sorry for waking the bitter sweet feeling of envy in you.

I like it when my oc's have enough information about themselves. It also prevents myself from adding something to them while rp-ing that would not fit their personality or skills.

The reason why my oc's are not on one page is that annoying 20.000 sign limitation.
The first page already has 13.657 signs and this one has 11.847. I could move one of my oc's to the first page but i prefer to have at least 5.000 signs in case the story/skills of my oc's changes/expands.

PPBG

Quote from: Lusterless Nova on 2012 Nov 24, 14:32:29
Quote from: PPBG on 2012 Nov 24, 14:08:01
Spoiler: We can comment here, right? No one has... • show

Thanks and sorry for waking the bitter sweet feeling of envy in you.

I like it when my oc's have enough information about themselves. It also prevents myself from adding something to them while rp-ing that would not fit their personality or skills.

The reason why my oc's are not on one page is that annoying 20.000 sign limitation.
The first page already has 13.657 signs and this one has 11.847. I could move one of my oc's to the first page but i prefer to have at least 5.000 signs in case the story/skills of my oc's changes/expands.

It's not your fault, you don't have to be sorry. ( But thanks for your apology anyways.)
Ah. I didn't realize there was a limit.
My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

Lusterless Nova

-Update-
I gave Defty a interesting "weapon". Definitely one of a kind.

Rad Thunder

Some Earthbound silliness going on here now... :P

Lusterless Nova

Earthbound?
What is that?

Rad Thunder

Super NES RPG game. The main hero Ness can fight with a Yo-yo.

Lusterless Nova

Oh that earth bound. never played it. i know it from super smash brothers. This is a pure coincidence.

Rad Thunder

You should play it. It's unlike any RPG. Instead of knights or wizards with swords and stuff, you're kids with bats and bazookas and other silly stuff. :]

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2012 Nov 30, 15:48:13
You should play it. It's unlike any RPG. Instead of knights or wizards with swords and stuff, you're kids with bats and bazookas and other silly stuff. :]
That game's a classic!
I'm back

super_chris85

But very weird at the same time

GoldenTerrabyte

I think Lumi is my fav of your OCs. My OC Yellow focuses on light magic too.
I'm back

Go Up