If you were some RPG class, what would you be realistically?

Started by Zygrograxgra, 2012 May 20, 21:55:46

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Zygrograxgra

Do try and give the game it's from, please, and try for what you probably would be, not what you'd like to be.
And no TF2 or MNC classes, 'cause those aren't RPGs.
I'd probably be some mix of Stealth and Magic of both Divine and Arcane types, mostly helping my friends out rather than harm the enemy.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Nala Valor

I would be a strange tank class... In a way, I'm more of a counter=the more they hit me, the more I get angry and the harder I hit.

Book Smarts

I would be the hybrid caster who could do damage, but at the same time be able to take in damage with medium armor. I always liked the red mage build type or the spellsword which relies on both physical and spell damage. My second choice would be either the monk or the shaman where they just dish out pure damage in a short amount of time.

lurk852

In video games I usually gravitate to the "heavily armed warrior/knight" archetype, but as for which class fits me as a person, I'd probably be some kind of magical support class. Something red mage-ish, with the ability to attack and heal from a distance.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Silver Snake

I believe I too, would be a 'Paladin' (knight, for the uninitiated) character. First off, I have a very sturdy body type, and would not be described as 'willowy', giving me the ability to wear lots of heavy mail and plate armor.

Next, I would be skilled at using long-handled weapons. Pikes, halberds, spears and such. I notice that if I assume the basic sword-wielding poses, I leave myself way open, a bad idea in a battle situation. The stabbity-stabbity weapons would fit my fighting style much better.

Next, my personality fits that of a knight. (In my opinion.) I am not one to go starting or chasing after fights, and I tend to be rather defensive while arguing. I will only inject myself in an altercation if I think I am right, I support someone who I think is right, or I am defending someone who is not doing a very good job on their own.

I got all my information and and reasoning from Dragon Quest 9.

Let's just.... Let's not ask too many questions about this one.

Teal Turken

I would probably be some kind of necromancer or warlock.
I really like shadowy spells over bright flashy ones. But this is what I want, here's why I would probably be a necromancer.

First off, I'm kinda lazy. I really prefer to let someone else do the things I don't wanna do so If I had magical abilities, I would probably study summoning and maybe resurrection so I can have minions to do things for me.
Also I really enjoy stylized fighting so having some dark and sinister spells that do things like spin blades around an opponent and ones that grab them with a big magical hand would be pretty cool.
I also consider myself kind of insane but I'm not really insane.

Caleocek

The joke class. Always the joke class. That one character everyone removes from the team at the first occasion.
And I don't mean the type that becomes the strongest class by the time you reach the end.

On the bright side, I'd get to sit back and watch the others do the work. Which is probably what I'd do.

Flamestriker

Probably a shapeshifter or some class that works with animals. I'd have them attack or I'd turn into an animal (or if I could, a dragon) and rip them to pieces. And I could transform into a pony if I could learn to.  B) Like a druid or a hunter.
[move][/move]

Lary

A hybrid between a Cleric and a Bard.

My body is extremely frail, and I could never bring myself to bring harm to another living being (on purpose), so I tend to avoid any form of combat altogether.
However, there are several instruments that I consider myself decent at (mostly at the Piano, but that's not really an instrument suited for a Bard >_>), and I always prefer supporting my team to help them fight better rather than doing the fighting myself, mainly because I don't trust myself to get the job done.

Besides, why fight when I've got people to do that for me?
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Ozzy

A trader/trickster/Jester

Typical bargain hunter, always look for the best deal, use my charismatic skills to get people on my side rather than fight, not afraid to use that to manipulate people to do what I want, who needs combat when you simply perceive yourself as imtimidating? Also not afraid to steal if I have to.
Perhaps with some magical ability, more specifically not directly combat orientated magic, rather, manipulative magic, tricks, illusions and the like

Deviant

Probably a rogue/Archer or a merge between them...

i've always had the nasty habit of sneaking up on friends and scaring them or popping up next to them.
On the archer aspect i love striking from a distance, some may call this cheap but it's all 'bout survival right?
On top of that i've used alot of bows in the past (sports) and i have a (very) steady hand.  :)

GossamerWings

Same with Lary on the Cleric/White Mage/Healer/etc. thing. I'm too tiny and frail to do a lot of damage (or take a lot of damage, as well. My tush would be handed to me on a sapphire platter), and I could never hurt a living thing. I'd love to heal those ponies in need, and if needed, I know clerics can do some sort of damage with weaker black magic spells.

BUT, when I usually play an RPG, I play a mean bard. Every party needs that character who wails on the lute to boost their defense, attack, etc.
In D&D though, I play a cleric.  ^-^
[move=6]Gossamer's OCs![/move]

Ryo_D_Disk

my main thought for real life would most likely be the long range archer type dealing damage from a distance while providing suport or the dark mage who uses illustions and image tactics to confuse enamys then again thats how i play my OC's

Zelfore

Honestly? I'd probably be a Scholar. >:/

I can be confrontational, but only verbally, I don't fight with my fists.
I enjoy studying and understanding odd creatures and lands, so just being able to use a spell, and understand everything about them? Totally me.
I'm not a big reader, but my vocabulary and perseverance would allow me to read off my attacks through books easily.
Also, once I'm done explaining the creatures and their weaknesses to my team members, all I'd have to do afterwords is offer them items when necessary.

I'm all around a support class, an unpopular one at that. But I'll always be willing to lend a hand if a bit of knowledge comes out of it! :]
I'll spare you the displeasure of wasting time, reading my signature, and let you get back to posting ponies! \(^u^)/

Driftless Night

Quote from: Flamestriker on 2012 May 21, 03:27:36
Probably a shapeshifter or some class that works with animals. I'd have them attack or I'd turn into an animal (or if I could, a dragon) and rip them to pieces. And I could transform into a pony if I could learn to.  B) Like a druid or a hunter.

I second that!

Goldenrod

I'd have to join the paladin group.
After dealing with bullying in elementary school, I have zero tolerance for it and have gotten physical when pressed.
But I'm not really a big hitter, I fight closer to the Assassin's Creed method of wait for an opening and then get them.
So a paladin/rogue then?

byndbored

Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Book Smarts

Quote from: byndbored on 2012 May 22, 10:50:05
I'd be the guy to try and say silly stuff. :]

I recommend the Jester, they are able to put debuffs on the enemy by making jokes about them and at the same time giving a buff to your allies who laugh  :D

Link

I'd probably be a ranger or a mage; mostly because I'm too skinny to do much good in hand-to-hand combat, plus it's much easier to snipe off people while hiding behind all your tough friends  8)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Go Up