This OC of mine

Started by DZPlayer, 2014 Jun 13, 21:32:59

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

DZPlayer

2014 Jun 13, 21:32:59 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 14, 19:29:19 by DZPlayer
Introducing... Somepony!

Name: That's just it, he doesn't quite have one... yet.
Race: Earth Pony
Body Color: Gray
Mane Color: Red and White
Ponymark: None
Edge: His specialty is not having any specific talent. Good everywhere, but not dedicated to anything. Performs best under pressure.
Drawbacks: His time alone in the forests has sharpened his skills and perception, but has dulled his own memories. ((This will be the reason he doesn't have a set name. I am open to suggestions you know.)) This makes him a finicky pony to deal with socially, but he is fairly loyal to the few friends he can make.
Personality: Friendly, reckless, and straightforward. Tends to avoid others, but is intent on helping out. Despite his inconsistent and somewhat crazy attitude, he knows what he's doing... most of the time.

Clicky to reveal the oversized picture... maybe.
Spoiler: show

Background: Much like the Cutiemark Crusaders, he has been looking for his calling, something that would give him a marking and make him feel accepted among the other ponies. Thinking perhaps that his mark was hiding in the forests, he set out to explore the place at age 14. Quickly becoming lost in the dense forest, he realized what a mistake he made. He survived alone in the forests for 5 years until finally finding civilization once more.
"Never forget where you come from, or else you will forget where you have been." - Taking it to heart since 1999.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: DZPlayer on 2014 Jun 13, 21:32:59
Personality: Friendly, aggressive..

Does not compute.

He survived alone in the forests for 5 years until finally finding civilization once more.

It never occurred to him to just walk in one direction until he was out?

Tiger

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jun 13, 21:42:58
He survived alone in the forests for 5 years until finally finding civilization once more.

When you're in a forest with no idea of where you are, you could easily be walking in circles even if you think you're walking straight.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Tiger on 2014 Jun 14, 00:55:10

When you're in a forest with no idea of where you are, you could easily be walking in circles even if you think you're walking straight.

There's getting lost, and then there's spending 5 years in a forest...

After walking in circles for a few days one would begin establishing landmarks and get a sense of where they are.

DZPlayer

Personality: Friendly, aggressive..

Does not compute.

For the Friendly/Aggressive bit, he's a nice guy overall, but tends to act first and in a reckless fashion.  As for the forest bit, last I played LoE, there wasn't a map to tell direction with in the Evergreen/Everglade Forest. I was easily lost in there for a few hours and I only made it out through fainting to a random flying lantern. Thought it would be a good idea to start with something like that. Could just as easily make him just a random wandering pony instead though.

Part of writing a dynamic background is to listen to the criticism you get and adjusting until you get the whole thing right. Treat this as a work in project if you will. "The Nameless Pony" will eventually get to where I think he needs to be, but until then just keep up the criticism. It helps.
"Never forget where you come from, or else you will forget where you have been." - Taking it to heart since 1999.

Go Up