You know what I love? + 17 suggestions to the development staff!

Started by Lucien, 2012 Aug 03, 21:43:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lucien

When you can find about a game early enough that you can become friends with the community and enjoy almost the entire stretch of progress that the game goes through.

Also, getting a name before it's taken is nice.

I've played a couple of MMO's before, namely FlyFF and ROBLOX, both of which suffer greatly from various causes, the latter being of their childish and immature community (Trying to love them is like trying to love Trixie's attitude, as they do not differ greatly.) and the former being of their poor development staff.

Though this is my first post, I have yet to see any pony in the community flaming, complaining about development, or trolling.

And though development progress is a little vague currently, I have no doubt that this game will flourish through the brony community.

And here I have a couple of suggestions for the development staff (I can only hope it does not fall on deaf ears):

**1: Please, please please PLEASE do not let this game become a grinding game like so many MMOs have become.
2: Don't allow the amount of staff to go down significantly (make some kind of moderator/GM application thing, I don't know). This is the problem with a few MMOs. They loose their staff, but fail to compensate by hiring, so ALL pressure is forced on a couple of people, who themselves might quit because of it.
**3: If you implement a feature in the game, EXPAND on it. Again, this is the problem with a few MMOs. They implement a cool feature, but because it is never expanded on, it starts to lose popularity.
*4: Do not make leveling (if you implement leveling) so difficult that you require a boost for it not to take 6 months (the problem with FlyFF, the ULTIMATE problem.)
**5: If you implement a cash shop (with real money), don't make the boosts so powerful that a pony thinks he/she NEEDS the boost to go forward in the game.
***6: Play the game. This may sound simple, but with some games, their development staff never plays the game to see how great (or how poor) their new feature ACTUALLY is.
***7: Play with the community. Have fun with the community! Listen to what the community has to say, in the game if possible. Makes the ponies think that you are having just as much fun as they are.
8: Fix bugs that give players accidental power ASAP. Basically this means that if a player can become more powerful through a bug, FIX THE BUG.
9: Don't make the future a total secret. Let out a few spoilers, to heighten the suspense of a new version. This keeps many ponies from quitting.
*10: Give the ponies individuality. A few games I have played have entire groups that all do the exact same thing to get to the end.
11: If any kind of armor + coverup fashion thing happens, don't let the fashion become a cash-shop only item.
*12: IF there is a cash-shop, make it so that the pony can get the exact same items in regular shops, for whatever the in-game currency is.
**13: Give individuality to the enemies. Now THIS is something I can't stress enough. I hate having to defeat the same enemies over and over again. It's like some queen monster laid like 1000+ eggs then just let them all hatch. Oh by the way they are all identical twins. Unfortunately this request would be one of the most difficult to carry out.
14: Don't make the loops of music only 1-2 minutes long.
*15: Make a LOT of skills, each with their own little perk, so that ponies can choose their preferred gameplay and so that people can again be very individual.
*16: Make the quests more than just defeating an amount of the same monster or fetching items from the same monster, a terrible cliche in many MMOs.
***17: Let us donate to you! You don't know how much we like the idea of this game.

These are the only requests I could think of. I can only hope that some of these might be carried out, perhaps even before the full game is released.

I also hope that this game doesn't fall to the cliches of most MMOs.

This game has A LOT of potential, and I am very glad we have this much of a (great) community before the game has even gone into Alpha.

Best wishes, friends!

-Lucien
Starting anew. I am a musician. My past here means nothing.

Lord of Madness

Greetings from Madness!!! If you need any help there is a place with threads for that right Here. There is even a thread where some Ponies ask questions Here. Or you could even ask some of us members, we would be glad to help. Be sure to read the Rules

GREETINGS!!! I hope your having a wonderful time here with all of us! And Just so you know this has all been discussed before. So no need to worry my new friend! I hope your going to be active on the forums!

Lucien

Tiger

What I do know is that they will allow donations after release I believe.

Anyway, welcome to the herd. As Stitchin' Time would say, "Leave your sanity on the tray, and you may collect it when you log off." ovO

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Night Pony

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Fudgemuffin

Welcome to LoE! I think this game's going to be completely free, no cash-shops or anythin'. :)

Lucien

Quote from: Fudgemuffin on 2012 Aug 04, 07:10:19
Welcome to LoE! I think this game's going to be completely free, no cash-shops or anythin'. :)

That would be nice. We will need to donate a bunch.

KillerJH2

Welcome to LoE!
Some of the answers to these suggestions are in the FAQ section on the home page.
Other than that, it's Swebow's job to answer the rest!  X3

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Lucien on 2012 Aug 03, 21:43:51
When you can find about a game early enough that you can become friends with the community and enjoy almost the entire stretch of progress that the game goes through.

Also, getting a name before it's taken is nice.

I've played a couple of MMO's before, namely FlyFF and ROBLOX, both of which suffer greatly from various causes, the latter being of their childish and immature community (Trying to love them is like trying to love Trixie's attitude, as they do not differ greatly.) and the former being of their poor development staff.

Though this is my first post, I have yet to see any pony in the community flaming, complaining about development, or trolling.

And though development progress is a little vague currently, I have no doubt that this game will flourish through the brony community.

And here I have a couple of suggestions for the development staff (I can only hope it does not fall on deaf ears):

**1: Please, please please PLEASE do not let this game become a grinding game like so many MMOs have become.
2: Don't allow the amount of staff to go down significantly (make some kind of moderator/GM application thing, I don't know). This is the problem with a few MMOs. They loose their staff, but fail to compensate by hiring, so ALL pressure is forced on a couple of people, who themselves might quit because of it.
**3: If you implement a feature in the game, EXPAND on it. Again, this is the problem with a few MMOs. They implement a cool feature, but because it is never expanded on, it starts to lose popularity.
*4: Do not make leveling (if you implement leveling) so difficult that you require a boost for it not to take 6 months (the problem with FlyFF, the ULTIMATE problem.)
**5: If you implement a cash shop (with real money), don't make the boosts so powerful that a pony thinks he/she NEEDS the boost to go forward in the game.
***6: Play the game. This may sound simple, but with some games, their development staff never plays the game to see how great (or how poor) their new feature ACTUALLY is.
***7: Play with the community. Have fun with the community! Listen to what the community has to say, in the game if possible. Makes the ponies think that you are having just as much fun as they are.
8: Fix bugs that give players accidental power ASAP. Basically this means that if a player can become more powerful through a bug, FIX THE BUG.
9: Don't make the future a total secret. Let out a few spoilers, to heighten the suspense of a new version. This keeps many ponies from quitting.
*10: Give the ponies individuality. A few games I have played have entire groups that all do the exact same thing to get to the end.
11: If any kind of armor + coverup fashion thing happens, don't let the fashion become a cash-shop only item.
*12: IF there is a cash-shop, make it so that the pony can get the exact same items in regular shops, for whatever the in-game currency is.
**13: Give individuality to the enemies. Now THIS is something I can't stress enough. I hate having to defeat the same enemies over and over again. It's like some queen monster laid like 1000+ eggs then just let them all hatch. Oh by the way they are all identical twins. Unfortunately this request would be one of the most difficult to carry out.
14: Don't make the loops of music only 1-2 minutes long.
*15: Make a LOT of skills, each with their own little perk, so that ponies can choose their preferred gameplay and so that people can again be very individual.
*16: Make the quests more than just defeating an amount of the same monster or fetching items from the same monster, a terrible cliche in many MMOs.
***17: Let us donate to you! You don't know how much we like the idea of this game.

These are the only requests I could think of. I can only hope that some of these might be carried out, perhaps even before the full game is released.

I also hope that this game doesn't fall to the cliches of most MMOs.

This game has A LOT of potential, and I am very glad we have this much of a (great) community before the game has even gone into Alpha.

Best wishes, friends!

-Lucien
hello and welcome ^-^  I hope you can take a look at our little FAQ page sometime and browse the LoE Discussion board to see what others have already said about the game ^-^  Community-wise, I do hope you can have time to join us in our discussions and maybe join a herd!  Do you roleplay?
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Lucien

The Wandering Magus

you're welcome to join us in Silverdale Saga, Pony Cosmology, Before Equestria or any of our other Sign-ups and Jump-ins if you wish :]
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Lary

I can put your fears aside, sir: There will be no cash-shop in the game. This game will be 100% completely free forever.

It has to be. Or Hasbro will get mean. :s

And IIRC, they said they won't accept donations until the game is actually out.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Aug 04, 23:46:45
I can put your fears aside, sir: There will be no cash-shop in the game. This game will be 100% completely free forever.

It has to be. Or Hasbro will get mean. :s

And IIRC, they said they won't accept donations until the game is actually out.
unless they work out an agreement, which, with Hasbro slowly getting smarter over time, might not be that impossible of a task.

Lucien

Good.

I'm going to become a unicorn and try as hard as I can to resemble my OC, because my OC is my personality.

Iron Girella

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dota2bronycommunity]Dota2 Brony Community Steam[/URL]         

Sign by Ritux ~ | Steam | You Tube

Weatherboy1

Go Up