Name Button's Mom!

Started by Dream Bolt, 2014 Apr 29, 00:09:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dream Bolt

2014 Apr 29, 00:09:22 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 29, 00:12:57 by Dream Bolt
Button's mom needs a name! Just calling her "Button's Mom" is kind of impersonal. So, it's time for us to step up and rectify this!

Okay, based on her Cutie Mark, (which seems to speak of maternal talents of some sort,) I hereby dub her....

"Tender Care!"

Spread it around. If we all give her this name, it might stick. Like Bon-Bon or Dr. Hooves. Come on, let's make this work!

>:O "You're going to LOOOOVVE HEEEEERRRRR!!!"

Also, I know a few other names for her exist out there, but they aren't really known or accepted yet. This is your chance to say, "You know Tender Care? Yeah, I was one of the people who started that."

Join the... um... well, it not a fight, so what is it... join the, um... thing! Vote for Tender Care!

MrEmu

Could be fun! I'll from now on call her '"Tender Care", and if we all act like-

:) "Oh I like Tender Care!"

o.O "Who's Tender Care?"

O: "You don't know TENDER CARE?! She's buttons mom!"

lol "haha, I knew thaaat..."

Night Pony

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Verdant Tome

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Apr 29, 01:06:49
How about no.

How pleasant of you.

Perhaps you could offer an alternative name instead of simply pointing out that you dislike it in such a rude way?
________

I personally like it. It fits, and it sounds nice.

Night Pony

2014 Apr 29, 10:34:24 #4 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 29, 10:36:56 by Night Pony
Quote from: Codefreak5 on 2014 Apr 29, 10:30:56
How about no.

How pleasant of you.

I try.
Anyway the name that sticks is the one that is liked by most and from a place that most visit. Plus this is not a background pony, this is an OC and only creators give the names for their OC. She does not have official name so everyone refers to her as Button's Mom.

P.S. If you read Jan's mod blog you can see he states that she already has a name but it not revealed.

MrEmu

2014 Apr 29, 18:34:20 #5 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 29, 18:52:04 by MrEmu
Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Apr 29, 10:34:24
Quote from: Codefreak5 on 2014 Apr 29, 10:30:56
How about no.

How pleasant of you.

I try.
Anyway the name that sticks is the one that is liked by most and from a place that most visit. Plus this is not a background pony, this is an OC and only creators give the names for their OC. She does not have official name so everyone refers to her as Button's Mom.

P.S. If you read Jan's mod blog you can see he states that she already has a name but it not revealed.
'Twould have been a good idea to mention that instead of saying 'no' and now much else... :l

Verdant Tome

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Apr 29, 10:34:24Plus this is not a background pony, this is an OC and only creators give the names for their OC.

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Apr 29, 10:34:24

True though that may be, she doesn't have a publicly-known name, aside from "Button's Mom". I see no harm in adding a more name-like nickname to her, which can easily be put out of use by Jan if he decides to give a say about it - if this becomes big enough for that to happen in the first place.

And as MrEmu said, it would have been much better to explain your view beforehand, in your first post, rather than just giving a rather harsh "No".

Night Pony

2014 Apr 30, 06:21:38 #7 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 30, 06:41:25 by Night Pony
I'm not obliged to give the reasons behind my opinion.

MrEmu

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Apr 30, 06:21:38
I'm not obliged to give the reasons behind my opinion.
But it's at least simply polite... >:/ sheesh...

Chishio Kunrin

If Jan plans on revealing her name, then we can probably wait. That's just my opinion, though.
Besides, an unofficial fan name could cause confusion later on.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Go Up