Princess Celestia Staute in DC!!

Started by Risen, 2014 Jan 28, 01:33:32

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Risen

There is a petition that needs signing. What is the petition for? To have a golden, life size statue of Princess Celestia built in Washington DC! O: The petition requires at least 100,000 ponies signed or else it will be dropped! Deadline is on Feb. 27th! Start signing up, everypony! And remember to share this with your friends and other pages, please! This is to show the bronies to the world! And to show that we are proud to be bronies! Show your support for the petition!  ^-^

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/construct-giantgolden-princess-celestia-statue-us-capital-dc/zs3Z6j7B

Guard120

12... if this is to be a thing, it needs to be put out there more, maybe it could make it onto EqD or something :)

Risen

Quote from: Guard120 on 2014 Jan 28, 05:07:47
12... if this is to be a thing, it needs to be put out there more, maybe it could make it onto EqD or something :)

I'll send it to EqD and see what they have to say

Chishio Kunrin

Why do we need a Princess Celestia statue in DC? o.O Don't they only build statues and stuff in DC in honor of heroes in American history?

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Altonator

Celestia was there, they just never mentioned how her magic helped them all out  :P

MrEmu

I' so going to sign this if I can! not sure though...do we have to LIVE in DC to sign it?...wait...THERE ISN'T 100,000 PEOPLE IN DC!, I'm derping...lol sorry! lol

Pipkin

I'm putting this as bluntly as I can.

This is stupid.  In fact, any petitions like this is stupid......the money that it would take for something like this(trust me, it's alot) could be used for better and more productive things....

Somebeing

44 out of 99,956...

I don't think America would accept this petition very well...

Would you, the mayor of DC, want a golden horse alongside your war or politic heroes?

A waste of money, I must say. Also then others would realize how easy it is to convince them and have Halo or Call Of Duty statues.

Risen

2014 Jan 29, 12:35:56 #8 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 29, 12:40:46 by Risen
Best this petition would do is make the gov read it. Who know, they may like it.  :s

Post Merge

Well, then again, it would seem like I would be tricking you all into signing something useless. Oh well. I'll delete this post then.

Post Merge

Um... How do I delete posts?  X3

Luminescence

Oh! You mean DC as in the Place! I thought you meant DC like the comics (which would be a interesting shout out)
As for in DC? That's a negative. It is, as said before, a place of remembrance and honor for, generally, American Heroes. Shoot, there is still debate going on whether it has the right to host the Holocaust Memorial! Having a statue in DC? Not a good idea. It would devalue what is there.
I believe the shape of happiness resembles glass. Even though, we don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there, we merely need to change our point of view slightly, and that glass will sparkle whenever it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else can argue its own existence so perfectly

GoldenTerrabyte

Especially it being gold. Too expensive!
I'm back

Luminescence

Oh, right! I forgot to mention the financial, um, problems that would come from it. Fortunately, Yellowpikmin got it!
I believe the shape of happiness resembles glass. Even though, we don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there, we merely need to change our point of view slightly, and that glass will sparkle whenever it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else can argue its own existence so perfectly

Howitzer

The two other flaws with this are:
1- I don't think anyone knows what "life size" of Celestia actually is.
2- With this being my little pony, the gold statue could fit in your hand, or be a little bit bigger at it's largest.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Pipkin

Quote from: Howitzer on 2014 Feb 06, 17:36:39

Actually a pony generally stands up to 3.5-4 feet.  The last episode gave us a measurement...you can use that to more accurately determine Celestia's height

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Feb 06, 18:29:36

Actually a pony generally stands up to 3.5-4 feet.  The last episode gave us a measurement...you can use that to more accurately determine Celestia's height

I imagine Celestia, Luna, and Cadence as being horses, rather than ponies, to be honest.
After all, Celestia was a little bit taller than the horses she brought from Saddle Arabia in season 3.

Plus, if an equine is taller than a certain height, its breed is considered to be a horse, not a pony, so a breed being considered a pony has much to do with its average size.

Pipkin

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Feb 06, 19:43:06

I imagine Celestia, Luna, and Cadence as being horses, rather than ponies, to be honest.
After all, Celestia was a little bit taller than the horses she brought from Saddle Arabia in season 3.

Plus, if an equine is taller than a certain height, its breed is considered to be a horse, not a pony, so a breed being considered a pony has much to do with its average size.

Yes, but knowing how tall Cheese is, we can tell how tall The mane 6 is, and with that we can tell how tal the princesses are, regardless of whether they're horses or ponies

Midnight Breeze

And people dare say these online government petitions are meaningless and petty...

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Feb 06, 21:51:19
And people dare say these online government petitions are meaningless and petty...

Yeah.. :\

I just don't get why so many people seem to think that making a petition and getting all the signatures you need automatically means that the government has to do what the petition says. If it's an unreasonable petition or something the government seriously cannot do, it won't be done and shouldn't even be suggested.

"Build a life-size gold statue of a cartoon character in the US capitol!"
"Make Pluto a planet again!" <-- Because signing a petition is totally going to make Pluto spontaneously grow in size.

Howitzer

Are you sure? his ring is 20.5 carats, This is the diamond for "Secret of my Excess" is 20 carats (or at least, according to rarity). If Celestia stands roughly 150-175% of a regular pony, I don't think she's any taller than the toys Hasbro makes.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Pipkin

I can't find the picture I saw that pointed it out, but during the Pinkie Pride episode Cheese was standing in a police lineup with a height chart in the background.

Go Up