How did you become a brony?

Started by Aphex93, 2012 Apr 06, 15:47:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

electro-blitz

2015 Mar 22, 09:11:23 #360 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 22, 09:13:47 by Electro-BLITZ
My little sister showed it to me, and i was hooked after watching some of it on youtube.
Animations were always my favorite, so yea, no regrets  ^-^

ScarletInk

2015 Jul 16, 12:27:25 #361 Last Edit: 2015 Aug 20, 02:33:49 by ScarletInk
If I have to be honest, at the beginning I didn't want anything to do with My Little Pony: you know when you don't care about something but everyone else around you do nothing but praising it? That was the same for me  >:O
But, still, I admired very deeply the fanworks about the series: this is one of the most talented and creative fandom I've ever met and I was aware of this even before joining it.
Then, a very tenacious friend of mine practically threatened me (she's a nice girl, I swear  0:) ) to look at the first two episode.
I was starstruck: it wasn't just a somehow glorified primary- school cartoon.
It had deepness. Significance. Characters I was feeling near to me, similar to me, with whom I could relate.
And it was beautiful, colourful, fluidly animated, always evolving.
And then, I came in contact with the fandom: creative and active as I had guessed, but also full of incredible people, passionate, sweet, gentle, like the characters they loved.
I was already in love with the series, but I fell even more deeply thank to the fandom and today I'm proud to be part of something so big, ever-changing and wonderful.
I love you all, guys!  D:  <3
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known"
- "Jack's Lament", Danny Elfman

Necroceine

On another forum, where I used to play games of Mafia, someone linked the first episode in a video thread. It took a few days for me to go back and actually watch it, but when I did I spent all my free time watching straight through to the newest episode, which was 19 at the time. I liked it that much. Over a Barrel was the first episode I watched live, and I pretty much kept up with it ever since. Pony avatars took over that forum for a while.

From there I went to spending most of my time on /co/ and then to synchtube until it shut down. I still talk to the people I hung out with on synchtube over skype.

Baokros

I believe I heard of it, but I tried to avoid it...after seeing a youtube link to something, I was surprised at how funny it was.

That something was the Evil enchantress song...sung by Fluttershy in that voice.

Sylvian

Sit down my friends, and listen to the tale I shall tell!

It all started about a year ago, I was sitting in the art stream of an artist I enjoy watching draw and talking to others who commission her. One day, a rather famous member of the Furry Fandom by the name of Goldfur. He was getting a comission for one of his stories, but low and behold it was a pony! I was curious, so I asked about it, and someone pointed me to FiMFiction. I looked up Goldfur's stuff, and started reading....and reading...and reading.

So, after basically spending two days of late nights reading all his stuff, I decided to watch a little bit of the show. First few episodes were good, I sat there thinking "Okay, this isn't so bad." Then I dropped it for a while because I was in college and thus got busy.

Well, I graduated about a year ago now, so I started hanging out in the art stream again. And, yet another person was getting a pony drawn for their story! So, I asked again, and was pointed at the writings of Calm Wind, also on FiMFiction. Well, after spending an entire week of late nights reading his stuff, I said screw it and watched the entire series on Netflix.

Then I started writing on FiMFiction....and...yeah after hitting the "Publish" button on that first chapter I sat up and said "Huh...uhm...guess I'm a brony now..."

And that, Mares and Gentelcolts, is how I fell face first into this fandom.

Jcfraven

My sister decided to load it up and try to get me and my brother to watch it(she's older, we're younger), because of my negativity towards the idea. I initially refused, instead going to play my games in the dining room. Seeing my little brother go in there, I groaned to myself and said "Hang on, let me see it as well".

The interesting thing to note is that I got into the show not because of the characters or anything normal, I got hooked basically by the book intro, but primarily clouds at the start of the episode. I have no idea what appealed to me about those clouds, but it hooked me on the show. Thus, I watched all of the episodes of the time(to Mid Season 2), and watched episodes live with my sister.

What kept me interested in the show, I think, was the pain I had to go through, and the eventual triumph over it. It was due to the show that I was bullied, ridiculed, and made a relative outcast, apart from a couple of my true friends, and one who would eventually become my friend as well. The show has led me to where I am today, and I'm a stronger person, with a lot better of circumstances than before I learned the true nature of friendship, and perseverance.

Proud to be a Brony <3

tonman3509

I watched Turnabout Storm.

I literally didn't care for the show or anything else related to MLP until I watched Turnabout Storm, THEN I watched gameplay of the ill-fated Fighting Is Magic (Which the dev team is STILL making btw, just now its an original game instead of being a pony game).

The rest is history.

StarHorder

I was severly depressed. My girlfriend had to move away because her father got a better job on the other side of the country, a friend had died from a brain tumor and my uncle had been riding his motorcycle when a semi-truck runs a red light. My uncle was DoA.

It was the week season 2 started, so I decided id binge watch the show, wether it sucked or not. Turns out that the show is amazing! Its the only show that interests me, and im hard to please when it comes to tv. My parents watched and still do watch sports and nothing else. I have no interest in sports other than auto-racing.

"Oh wow, they're giving backstory to what is going on. OH GOSH THAT THEME SONG AAAAHH!

Ooooohhhh! They're so cute! I want one! Because this show is made to sell toys."...

"Oh my god she has a baby dragon! Thats awesome!"

Pfff ahahahahaha! She is too oblivious!"

I imagine everyone having the same reaction to mine, so nothing special other than 'why'.
*checks site day after servers close*

Add me on gameloft! My code of friendship is '6d468f'.

OtakuMegane

I had actually been randomly linked to the pilot episode not long after it aired but at the time didn't find it that immediately impressive and I went back to whatever I'd been doing. Well, come around the June after I'd been seeing pony avatars around and such and figured might as well give it a real try. Got through the pilot, it wasn't too bad so decided to start on the other episodes. My free time the next 2 days was almost nothing but marathoning season 1. I was dealing with depression and some big disappointments at the time so it really helped put some positive light into life.

Then I found the fan stuff. :D Came across Night of Pony and it was awesome. Soon after stumbled across my first fanfic The Circle of Friends and there was no stopping things after that. I had been a fan of MLP back in the G1 era and been into magical girls anime for ages so those kind of barriers were never a thing for me. I liked ponies and if someone had issues with that... meh. I'm not as hardcore into ponies as I was at the start but still a brony for life.
I'm an adult. I do what I want.

Broug7

Back in 2012.

I was suggested pony videos, lets say I was making fun of it at first and ignoring it you know.

Later on though out of curiosity I looked at a video.

THEN MAGIC CAME OUT OF MY SCREEN KALJKLFAJFKLAJSKDJALKDJSAKLJDKLJDKLAJDKL

no just kidding I just became addicted to it. and became a brony   :D

ZeroOfTime

At first I was a rabid hater. I thought "what the heck do they see in that show?" and then I watched like, 4 episodes and thought it was meh... But then I started discussing it with a friend of mine and he convinced me to give it a second chance. And that's when I got addicted. I believe I became one just after S3 ended. :D
Such is a Samurai skill!

Light-Trainer

Hey guys long time no post!

Anywho how I came to be a brony is just by randomly watching Josh Scorcher's reviews on YT and soon I fell in love with the ponies <3...for almost a year and a half now ;)!
I'm Light Trainer the Spellcaster Kitsune!

Don't be afraid to stop by my DA!

(P.S. Icon is made by Xynztr on DA as a Birthday gift!)

AH PyrotechNick

It was a little thing called the Internet Box Podcast. Be warned; if you want to check it out, it contains a LOT of very adult content.

moonbeam16

Two good friends of mine (both male) mentioned they watched it on separate occasions, and at that point I had to try it.  First episode I watched was "The Last Roundup".  I liked it right away.

pasglop

I saw the music Rainbow Factory popping in my YouTube suggestions, it got me intrigued, I watched an episode, then I wathed 5 seasons

Jet Streak

I've typed this out before somewhere but oh well. :P
Any it all started a long long time ago (Only 2 years in reailty.) in house not far away. (Considering I live in my house.)
Any who, my mum enjoys watching crime solving programs. After meny months of hearing about that kinda thing, I started to get quite depressed. (I won't get into detail due the risk of little fillies but those programs. >A<)
So, one random night I was sitting down looking at random vids on youtube. Suddenly though I thought about my little pony. (I'd always been curoius about it but lived with 3 older brothers, So yeah.) I also noticed that everyone else was asleep that night so I decide to watch an episode. Come the next day I'm having a bit of mentle breakdown because I had just watched a show for 8 year old girls and not only did I not dislike but I wanted to see the next episode. (This was before I knew about the brony fandom.) A few days later, I'm watch 2 to 3 episodes a night, I find out equestria daily happened at some point. This was amazing because I suddenly relised like it was normal(ish) to like my little pony.  Since then I've been a bit crazy about ponies but I'm glad I did watch our beloved ponies and even happier I joined our brony fandom.
So yeah, thats how I became brony. Also after writing all this I feel like I should thank all you guys and girls for being so awesome so
THANKS EVERYPONY. :D
Yeah, I'm done now.
"Now it's time to fight like MEN! and LADIES! and LADIES who dress like MEN! For Gilgamesh It's Morphin Time!" -Gligamesh
"I just don't know what went wrong." - Grey mare of legend.

Malphy

2016 Jan 18, 07:06:24 #376 Last Edit: 2016 Jan 20, 10:14:54 by Princess Darcy
Blame the Internet. And my sheer curiosity.  lol

Back on 2012, where the fandom was destroying everything in its wake with rainbows and ponies, i used to despise it and stay clear of it. But a realization hit me:

What is making them liek dis  o.O

So yeah, i watched a couple of episodes from season one, and i rather got fond of what i saw.
And it proceeds to ruin my life until this very day  ovO

FiW in a nutshell

IsingMLP

Is this a brony only website? Because  I am a proud PEGASISTER!!!! >:( >:( >:(

PrincessButton

Quote from: IsingMLP on 2016 Jan 18, 12:53:57
The term "brony" can be applied to anyone, it doesn't necessarily need to be gender specific.  Think about the term "guy."  If someone walks up to you and your friend and says "Hey you guys!"  Do you get offended? Do you ask them to call you "gals"?

I prefer to think that "brony" is a gender-neutral term, despite its origins. :)
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Crimson Tail

Ah, I remember I once posted in this thread explaining how I started liking the show back in May 2011, the post just fell somewhere deep in there..

Generally it's the curiosity, so I blame that.

Quote from: IsingMLP on 2016 Jan 18, 12:53:57

Nah, there's no gender restrictions on the site.
Profile image by LunaEclipsa, uncropped

Go Up