My little Pony: Equestria Girls - Movie

Started by Billow Pillow, 2013 Feb 08, 14:38:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Wandering Magus

because not that many people actually want to watch it?
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Jun 17, 13:14:55
because not that many people actually want to watch it?

Not many bronies actually want to watch it, but there are children who do. I just told a 6-year-old about it last night, and she ran to tell her mom about it.

her: What's Equestria Girls?
me: It's a movie where Twilight Sparkle goes to another world and becomes kind of human. Someone stole her crown and went through a magic mirror that leads to that world.
her: o_O Okay. *Runs off to tell mom*

The only thing is, her mom isn't gonna take her to the theater to see it because she knows about bronies. X3 She knows not all bronies are bad, but she is nervous about some.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Little Judas

Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Gracie Sky

I watched it. Once I got past the fact that I was looking at a purple skinned pony human person, I found the movie just as enjoyable as any other episode. The story's logic isn't waterproof, but it's good enough to be believable and the character representation is spot on. The songs are a welcome addition and the jokes and gags were actually better than I anticipated. There were a lot of references to the show... some of them might've been unneeded, since they wouldn't make any sense if you hadn't watched the episode utilizing said reference.

Overall, I would defend this movie from anyone who judges it prematurely.

And there was only one theater where I live. The place was booked and the tickets disappeared as though a Parasprite army was passing by. Hoping this is a sign to other theaters that the brony community is not to be underestimated.

Oh, if you are going to watch it, wait until the very end of the credits. You must. Trust me, your existence will be validated from doing so.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

super_chris85

Quote from: Gracie Sky on 2013 Jun 22, 19:10:58
I watched it. Once I got past the fact that I was looking at a purple skinned pony human person, I found the movie just as enjoyable as any other episode. The story's logic isn't waterproof, but it's good enough to be believable and the character representation is spot on. The songs are a welcome addition and the jokes and gags were actually better than I anticipated. There were a lot of references to the show... some of them might've been unneeded, since they wouldn't make any sense if you hadn't watched the episode utilizing said reference.

And there was only one theater where I live. The place was booked and the tickets disappeared as though a Parasprite army was passing by. Hoping this is a sign to other theaters that the brony community is not to be underestimated.

Oh, if you are going to watch it, wait until the very end of the credits. You must. Trust me, your existence will be validated from doing so.

I completely agree with Gracie I loved it now there if's and buts for me but I enjoyed it too

Blues-Music

Quote from: Gracie Sky on 2013 Jun 22, 19:10:58

i like it too. It isn't too bad... I especially liked the animation

Cotton Ball

2013 Jun 23, 08:14:30 #146 Last Edit: 2013 Jun 23, 09:15:16 by McSleuthburger
Spoiler: show
I wish i saw it only if my parents didn't get up so late also i heard human derpy is in the credits
[move][/move]
Don't be a salad, be the best broccoli you could ever be.

Vertigo,

Equstria Girls is not playing in my town at all. The closest theatre is 3 hours away so I'm going to wait for the DVD to come out.

super_chris85

should be out on DVD close to november according to my brother but I'm unsure

Cotton Ball

it comes out on dvd in august august 6th to be exact
[move][/move]

paintypalette

Quote from: ArtVeigar on 2013 Jun 15, 20:19:51
Am I the only one who thinks the prototype is actually better?

no, your not the only one  lol

PrincessButton

[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Cotton Ball

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2013 Jun 24, 18:01:07
Spoiler: > o >  • show

I watched it and it was sooooooo

cut out the gonna be part  X3
[move][/move]

Zbizo

Found this link on mlb, I was about to post it there, but somepony was faster ^^
Got lol'd so hard

19:12 - best "I've no idea" I ever heard
28:20 - if you study IT this is main reason to not run a service
45:11 - is that derpy on the right of left pillar(too poor quality for me to see)?
54:49 - reminds me of "back to the kitchen"
1:10:10 - ultimate spoiler

Chishio Kunrin

2013 Jun 24, 21:37:27 #154 Last Edit: 2013 Jun 24, 21:43:52 by Chishio Kunrin
Spoiler: Actual spoilers • show
Spoiler: Spoilers spoilers • show
Spoiler: Last chance to turn back!! • show

When they changed and got pony ears and wings, it seemed so Sailor Moon. lol
Loved Rainbow Dash doing the "So awesome" face!
Sunset Shimmer's ultimate plan was actually not lame at all, which makes the movie even better.

Overall, it was an extremely awesome movie! :3

Post Merge

Spoiler: Spoilers again • show
I'm gonna guess that the rainbow that the elements of harmony produces has a cleansing effect that clears corruption from the target's heart. But it didn't work on Discord, I guess because he's so different from a corrupted pony.

Sea Foam

Oh...

I can watch it now...

I'll uh...I'll....

I'll get to it....

Someday.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Chishio Kunrin

Spoiler: Spoilers I just remembered to mention • show
I think pony Pinkie and human Pinkie are connected. ovO
Why is Big Macintosh the only one with normal colored skin?! They could've just given him a kinda pale red color.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 24, 23:16:43
Why is Big Macintosh the only one with normal colored skin?! They could've just given him a kinda pale red color.

WOW. I Can't believe I didn't realize that until now..  o.O I wonder why as well.. O:
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Zbizo

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 24, 23:16:43

I think it was triggered when they took a shot from Sunset, it all came to their minds, because they asked pretty accurate questions, but only Pinkie Pie answered herself that everything she thought was true, more questionable is how this alternate Pinkie knew everything about pony Twilight

I like the way she spoils this at end of the movie xD

- he was projected in early stage or red simply looked too weird to apply

are the alternate CMC bronies? or wut?

anyone saw human derpy there?

Cotton Ball

I did in the help twilight sparkle win the crown song derpy
[move][/move]

Go Up