My little Pony: Equestria Girls - Movie

Started by Billow Pillow, 2013 Feb 08, 14:38:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Silent Wolf

I am so impatiant to see this with my morial. It doesn't come in MD until July 13th, and chances are in my area it won't even be here.
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Cotton Ball

[move][/move]
Don't be a salad, be the best broccoli you could ever be.

paintypalette

Quote from: ArtVeigar on 2013 Jun 11, 17:30:23
I think she was rejected by Celestia mid-training. She probably showed signs of "evilness" and Celestia rejected her and got Twi. But ...

that's what i meant, cotton ball. i meant that she was rejected for being sinister-like or simply doing something evil. not because she didn't become an alicorn. because twi is celestia's most prized student, she got jealous.

ArtVeigar

Quote from: paintypalette on 2013 Jun 12, 10:17:18
Quote from: ArtVeigar on 2013 Jun 11, 17:30:23
I think she was rejected by Celestia mid-training. She probably showed signs of "evilness" and Celestia rejected her and got Twi. But ...

that's what i meant, cotton ball. i meant that she was rejected for being sinister-like or simply doing something evil. not because she didn't become an alicorn. because twi is celestia's most prized student, she got jealous.

That's what makes most sense, but I really wish there is more behind it. A really big master plan to conquer Equestria or anything like that, not only an attack of jealousy. But if they make a good backstory for Sunset and give her enough depth, I think it's okay.

Fruitcakethepony~

2013 Jun 12, 18:57:37 #104 Last Edit: 2014 Mar 02, 21:21:50 by Fruitcakethepony~
I'm excited, And not at the same time, I think it's stupid how they made them as human's... o.O
I don't mind Spike as a dog...At least he can still talk, But really? Did they really have to make the mane 6 has human's?! I wasted year's for a MLP: FIM movie. ;^;

Here's another trailer that in-case you haven't seen it:
*Video been deleted*

[EDITED] Ignore this post, lol I liked the movie kinda, Even though still I don't get why they even...  :I

Night Pony

I'm starting to count the times the second trailer is posted. We're at number four right now.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Teal Turken

Saw that other trailer.
I'm so glad Spike can talk. One of the few good male characters of the show representing my gender is being preserved. :D
Even if he is a dog. (I don't like dogs IRL)

The first trailer has been shown to be a simpler earlier version of the film because now she has her wings. Before hand I claimed the movie to happen in season 3 but not after it.

Cotton Ball

Why has the 2nd trailer been posted 4 times already
[move][/move]
Don't be a salad, be the best broccoli you could ever be.

Teal Turken

Quote from: Cotton Ball on 2013 Jun 13, 07:34:15
Why has the 2nd trailer been posted 4 times already

Obviously people are missing the fact that it's already been posted.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Fruitcakethepony~ on 2013 Jun 12, 18:57:37
I'm excited, And not at the same time, I think it's stupid how they made them as human's... o.O
I don't mind Spike as a dog...At least he can still talk, But really? Did they really have to make the mane 6 has human's?! I wasted year's for a MLP: FIM movie. ;^;

Here's another trailer that in-case you haven't seen it:
Spoiler: show

I think Hasbro is trying to compete with things like Monster High and Bratz, so they want to market for their own human-type dolls. And how does Hasbro advertise? TV and movies.

It has taken some convincing, but I now think that EG will be pretty good.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

Who do I have to shoot to get this whole thing canceled?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Jun 13, 08:12:57
Who do I have to shoot to get this whole thing canceled?

Must I show you the spoiler pictures of the final battle? :P

Night Pony

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jun 13, 10:09:36
Here's a read for anypony wondering why they made EG.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/06/in-depth-look-at-history-of-hasbros.html

I read the whole thing, but for those who TL;DR this, I'll just quote the main big points:
QuoteMattel appears to be in a stronger position than Hasbro, due to the popularity of Mattel's Barbie, Monster High and American Girl doll lines. Hasbro's strength has always been with action figures like G.I. Joe and Transformers, or board games like Battleship and Monopoly. In fiscal 2012, Hasbro's largest division, its boys segment, saw a decline of 13%, bringing it to $1.6 billion. In contrast, the sales of Hasbro's girls segment rose 7% in 2012, to $792.3 million.
The information from Hasbro and Mattel indicates a long-term trend. Boys are abandoning traditional toys, as evidenced by declining sales of both Mattel and Hasbro's boys' products. Boys are now generally more interested in video games. Both companies are trying to adapt to the changing market by making digital-versions of their popular board games.
In contrast to the declining sales of action figures, girls' dolls are on the rise. Considering that Hasbro's strongest growth segment last year was its girls' segment, it stands to reason that it would try to pursue a similar strategy to Mattel, by boosting its offerings of dolls and other toys for girls. However, if this is to succeed, Hasbro must find a hit girls' product line like Mattel's Barbie or Monster High dolls.
Which brings us to Equestria Girls.
Hasbro would love to take some of the market share away from Barbie, but that doesn't appear to be Equestria Girls' main focus. With their colorful skins, animal ears and huge heads, Equestria Girls seem designed to give the Monster High dolls some stiff competition. (Forgive the pun.)
Monster High is a highschool drama with classic monsters.
In later iterations, the tone of Monster High shifts to some weird X-Men knockoff, where all the monsters exhibit super powers and are persecuted by regular humans, called "Normies."
Equestria Girls is hoping to tap into the market for Monster High, by being a more mainstream and less creepy alternative to Mattel's line of dolls.
Mattel seems to be one step ahead of Hasbro, though. It was recently revealed that Mattel is making their own "more mainstream and less creepy" spinoff series of Monster High called "Ever After High."
It's trying to be a more "Disneyfied" version of Monster High. Instead of edgy dolls based on monsters, the dolls of Ever After High are based on familiar fairy tale characters.
What's really funny is that many of the fans of Monster High aren't happy with this spin off.
Sound a little familiar?

^As I've said before, it's obviously trying to compete with Monster High.
QuoteIt's like today's toy market is the Roman coliseum. Mattel and Hasbro send their respective gladiators out to fight, while augmenting their warrior's armor in an attempt to garner favor with the crowd. In spite of feeling betrayed, I believe that beneath the humanized shell of Equestria Girls beats the heart of Friendship is Magic. My Little Pony has been chosen as Hasbro's champion to fight against the superior odds of Mattel. At first, I was confused by the decision to make Equestria Girls, but in light what's happening in the toy industry right now, it makes sense. Hasbro has faith in the My Little Pony brand. Why else would they choose Twilight Sparkle to be the face of their new line of girls dolls?
Those who disparage Equestria Girls are looking at the situation all wrong. Don't think of it as Hasbro ****ing out MLP to make a quick buck. Equestria Girls follows the mantra of "ponify all the things."
Can we all agree that ponies makes everything better? I watched some episodes of Monster High. They weren't very good. It made me appreciate how much effort seems to have gone into Equestria Girls. This movie appears to be fusing girly highschool "drama" with the heart of Friendship is Magic.
Do I think Equestria Girls will be as good as Friendship is Magic? No, but let's try looking at it from another perspective.
What did Friendship is Magic do? It elevated a whole genre of children's entertainment. Suddenly, "programs for girls" were no longer synonymous for "programs that suck." My Little Pony changed that.
Now, the same creative team aims to do something similar with another maligned genre: The highschool drama.
Much like what Friendship is Magic did for shows targeted towards young girls, I believe that Equestria Girls will elevate the mediocre genre of highschool drama into something new and wonderful.

Night Pony

There's a TL;DR section at the bottom. lol

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jun 13, 11:08:05
There's a TL;DR section at the bottom. lol

I know, but I really liked the specific sentences and parts that I underlined and put in bold better than that small TL;DR section.

The Wandering Magus

'long as they've got magic in there somewhere.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Dawnstar

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jun 13, 10:09:36
Here's a read for anypony wondering why they made EG.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/06/in-depth-look-at-history-of-hasbros.html

Certainly an interesting article and definitely makes sense after reading through it.

I have also come to realize that, even though I'm still very iffy about the upcoming movie, I also want it to succeed, if inadvertently. Think about it, if Equestria Girls does better than everyone's expecting than that not only boosts Hasbro's business prospects, but it also greatly increases the chances of getting a full-pony movie that I think a lot of older fans were expecting instead. Whereas if it flops it will be a loss on Hasbro's end and bad for the series overall.

The Wandering Magus

darn corporations always looking to fight.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Go Up