previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GeekBAH

Quote from: blackhawk on 2014 Apr 17, 12:09:02
Quote from: GeekBAH on 2014 Apr 17, 12:07:21
Quote from: blackhawk on 2014 Apr 17, 12:05:01
Quote from: GeekBAH on 2014 Apr 17, 12:03:54
Quote from: blackhawk on 2014 Apr 17, 12:01:49
First check if you GPU drivers are up to date, I don't recommend to overclock the GPU if it is weak, if it doesn't help try to download different bit version of the game, or if it's still doesn't help, then you need to change graphics settings via "nVidia control panel" or "ATI AMD catalyst panel".

I'm going to be completely honest here. I have no idea how to check my GPU drivers. I have no idea what "nVidia control panel" or "ATI AMD catalyst panel" are or how to access them. I am not very tech savvy at all.

First, do you have Desktop computer or Notebook?

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop

That explains a lot, well if you can give me exact model name, I could try to help you how I can.

Toshiba Satellite C855-S5343
I also use Windows 8, if that helps any

Maple Melody

I have a Mac and I don't know if this is just me being (not so) clever but, its coming up with an error message when I try to open it saying it 'quit unexpectedly'.

Will it work once the servers are up?

blackhawk

2014 Apr 17, 12:16:09 #42 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 17, 12:19:22 by blackhawk
It runs IntelHD graphics 4000 series which in this case is APU "Accelerated Processing Unit" and your laptop APU will be struggling with this game, I don't want you to go to BIOS and tweak up video shared memory with no experience especially, the next is, locate in system tray IntelHD graphics panel/  right click on it/ Properties or settings.
There you should find a power balance and set it to performance/high performance because at ballanced mode the APU is 40% usable.

Post Merge

Quote from: Maple Melody on 2014 Apr 17, 12:14:46
I have a Mac and I don't know if this is just me being (not so) clever but, its coming up with an error message when I try to open it saying it 'quit unexpectedly'.

You need to seek for help, I'm sorry, but I have almost no experience with Mac, but the game crashes on your Mac PC

Post Merge

Quote from: GeekBAH on 2014 Apr 17, 12:11:27
Quote from: blackhawk on 2014 Apr 17, 12:09:02
Quote from: GeekBAH on 2014 Apr 17, 12:07:21
Quote from: blackhawk on 2014 Apr 17, 12:05:01
Quote from: GeekBAH on 2014 Apr 17, 12:03:54
Quote from: blackhawk on 2014 Apr 17, 12:01:49
First check if you GPU drivers are up to date, I don't recommend to overclock the GPU if it is weak, if it doesn't help try to download different bit version of the game, or if it's still doesn't help, then you need to change graphics settings via "nVidia control panel" or "ATI AMD catalyst panel".

I'm going to be completely honest here. I have no idea how to check my GPU drivers. I have no idea what "nVidia control panel" or "ATI AMD catalyst panel" are or how to access them. I am not very tech savvy at all.

First, do you have Desktop computer or Notebook?

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop

That explains a lot, well if you can give me exact model name, I could try to help you how I can.

Toshiba Satellite C855-S5343
I also use Windows 8, if that helps any

Windows 8 is more friendly than it's previous brother Windows 7

GeekBAH

Quote from: blackhawk on 2014 Apr 17, 12:16:09
It runs IntelHD graphics 4000 series which in this case is APU "Accelerated Processing Unit" and your laptop APU will be struggling with this game, I don't want you to go to BIOS and tweak up video shared memory with no experience especially, the next is, locate in system tray IntelHD graphics panel/  right click on it/ Properties or settings.
There you should find a power balance and set it to performance/high performance because at ballanced mode the APU is 40% usable.

Ok, I put the power balance at maximum performance. I tried going into the game again but it still shows the blank pink screen.

blackhawk

Quote from: GeekBAH on 2014 Apr 17, 12:23:48

Ok, I put the power balance at maximum performance. I tried going into the game again but it still shows the blank pink screen.

What version of the game have you downloaded? And do you have skype?

GeekBAH

Quote from: blackhawk on 2014 Apr 17, 12:25:13

I do have Skype, and I have downloaded the "86 build for 32 bit" one.

blackhawk

Quote from: GeekBAH on 2014 Apr 17, 12:27:49
Quote from: blackhawk on 2014 Apr 17, 12:25:13

I do have Skype, and I have downloaded the "86 build for 32 bit" one.

Add me on Skype guntars.lacitis on skype we'll be able to contact much faster trying to solve the problem.

Prismatic

Once you're done adding each other go ahead and blank out the Skype name.

The biggest problem with laptop GPUs is that the drivers needed for them are generally tailored for that laptop model/series only.  Generic drivers from the hardware manufacturer (i.e. in this case Intel) may disable certain parts of the hardware including those that have switchable graphics.

blackhawk

Quote from: Prismatic on 2014 Apr 17, 13:10:59
Once you're done adding each other go ahead and blank out the Skype name.

The biggest problem with laptop GPUs is that the drivers needed for them are generally tailored for that laptop model/series only.  Generic drivers from the hardware manufacturer (i.e. in this case Intel) may disable certain parts of the hardware including those that have switchable graphics.

GeekBAH and I have same IntelHD graphics 4000 series, the only problem is the laptop it self manufacturer that for GeekBAH has set dedicated memory on 32MB while mine has dedicated 512MB and runs smooth. Same OS

Startle

There seems to be a corruption problem with x86 build from firedrive, After a couple downloads i've continuously gotten "file is invalid or corrupted" errors. Trying to download from google drive now. Will get back to you on that. Have a Nice Day  ^-^

ADHD_Broductions

I use this processor (2.3 GHz dual-core) and have 4GB of RAM. I think my GPU is working with about 1.5GB of memory, but I'm not sure on that. Will this suffice for running this game smoothly? Should I turn the settings down a bit?

Also, I'm playing on a laptop that tends to overheat. Should I expect trouble?

blackhawk

Quote from: ADHD_Broductions on 2014 Apr 17, 15:13:27
I use this processor (2.3 GHz dual-core) and have 4GB of RAM. I think my GPU is working with about 1.5GB of memory, but I'm not sure on that. Will this suffice for running this game smoothly? Should I turn the settings down a bit?

Also, I'm playing on a laptop that tends to overheat. Should I expect trouble?

Yes, you should use additional cooling pad

Zen17h

Just a question about the download versions:
The 64 bit direct download is RC2, while the torrent/magnet link is named RC1 - would both of these work and is there any difference to know about?

I've tried twice now to get the RC2 direct download but both times it failed on the last MB (Most likely just the server being very busy), but am not sure whether the torrent version would still work since it's an earlier release candidate

Drifting Trail

Oh yeah ! Now, I'm ready for this week-end !  :D

DubstepPony

I have this problem. when i have downloaded the files and try to open the loe.exe it doesn't do anything.
(btw i have x64 windows 7 and my computer is Packard bell easynote ts 15.6'')
thank you for your help.

Válkyries

What time is the Servers going to be switched on? ( in UK time  if possible)

Buttslapsmcgee

aaaah i'm just so exited i can't wait!!! <3
Pastel stuff and cutie patooties.

Nitrouspony

Quote from: Maple Melody on 2014 Apr 17, 12:14:46

Please go to the Apple Menu > 'About this Mac' and click more info so that you get to a window like this.

Then take a screen shot of the window with Command ⌘+Shift+4 and attach the image here.

Dusky Brony

I'm having trouble downloading the game. My cpu's a 64 bit on windows 8, yet the file I keep attempting to download doesn't download fully. The .zip file folder comes up being empty and this is a reoccurring process. Assistance is required. DD:

SilverHearts

hello
i live in Australia and was wondering what time it would be possible for Australians to access the game due to the time difference?

Go Up