A suggested addition for the chatpage.

Started by Sweet Brew, 2015 Aug 29, 01:43:27

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sweet Brew

So, we had something similar for a few days what was abused and taken down...I know...Buuut...
Why not ad the ability for Italic BBcode?

Don't make it activate at the press of a button like some places do, make it so they have to go through the whole [i.] [./i] stuff, that'd reduce a lot of spam, and the absolute worst this would do is maybe some horrible spammer would have a full sentence looking like it's about to fall over...

I mean is this THAT bad? Not to me at least...
('Course we won't be doing that, jsut saying IF a spammer finds out how to do it)

Now what would this add to the chatpage?
That, right there, instead of emphasizing specific words with caps, I can use italic, which makes it look a lot more clean and less junky then caps.

Also, were someone to say a quote or something adding quotation marks isn't enough to make it stand out as a quote, I've had people countless times think I said it and was claiming it "as my own" or whatever because they sped read it and missed the quotation marks.

Emphasizing things without caps though is the main thing I think it'd add, it'll just make things a bit more neat looking.
Though the addition of color, size, Underline, Strikethrough and/or bold I would protest against seeing as that would be spammed and horribly so.

tl;dr
Italic instead of caps is nicer looking.
Enabling it in the chatpage would make messages nicer.
And they lived happily ever after.

Tekner

We are aware that this is a commonly requested feature. I'll contact the other moderators and team members involved in making the decision and see if it is a feature we would like to add back.

I am now closing this topic since no further discussion is required, nor has there been discussion for over 120 days.

Go Up