[Herd] Warriors of Harmony

Started by HerpyDooves, 2012 Jun 13, 13:43:39

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Natsu

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Apr 12, 18:32:10
Are you... are you requesting to become the general?

Nothing wrong with this idea, of course. But, why, exactly, would you like to become such a high rank?

And yes, I'll work on the skype stuffs. ;)

I don't mind taking the rank of general if that's what suits the guild and your personal preference; but my reason is because of experience. I know what to expect from this game, and how to handle it.

Where does this spike of leadership come from?

I led a raid team (heroic, which means very hard difficulty) group in WoW up until the release of MoP. Now, obviously this game isn't even close to as advanced; however, those leadership traits are stuck with me. I'm good with people, and as along as people want to listen then they can get things done.

What do you hope to accomplish?

First and foremost, we need to find out if this game has a working economy that allows players to trade items for (bits, I assume?) money. With this in mind, everything gets easier. We need to farm materials, specific materials that we can sell for a high price. Getting a lot of money will help us later on.

Secondly, we need to progress through the game as quick as possible. Warriors have no time to sit back and take it casually. TRUST ME. the faster you get through content, the more powerful you will be; which is better for the Guild. I'm not going to force anyone to sprint through the challenges, but a lot of top rated players is highly important for guild reputation.

Third, I want to make the guild the most fun and enjoyable one out there. All is welcome, and by our code, we preserve harmony to the world. A cold, ruthless, power hungry guild is literally no fun. I will see if I can host events for our guild to accomplish, and contests.

This is why I believe I should be a General. (But regardless of my rank, I will continue to help the guild in every possible way I can)

~Nastu

HerpyDooves

You make very, very valid points, and your leadership you show interests me. You also want to encourage the guild to be the best it can be, and this, I love.

Quote from: Natsu on 2013 Apr 12, 18:59:33

First and foremost, we need to find out if this game has a working economy that allows players to trade items for (bits, I assume?) money. With this in mind, everything gets easier. We need to farm materials, specific materials that we can sell for a high price. Getting a lot of money will help us later on.

The need for money in-game seems punishing, but that's my WoH spirit kicking in, so this point is very understandable. Currency is important to most MMORPGs.

Secondly, we need to progress through the game as quick as possible. Warriors have no time to sit back and take it casually. TRUST ME. the faster you get through content, the more powerful you will be; which is better for the Guild. I'm not going to force anyone to sprint through the challenges, but a lot of top rated players is highly important for guild reputation.

This part is also valid, but seems a little too punishing. So for this, we will only let ponies that want to enjoy it, enjoy it. Others that want to get to the good stuff quickly are the ones you'll probably want.

Third, I want to make the guild the most fun and enjoyable one out there. All is welcome, and by our code, we preserve harmony to the world. A cold, ruthless, power hungry guild is literally no fun. I will see if I can host events for our guild to accomplish, and contests.

Don't forget over-populated, never-active, dead guilds are also very boring. Don't worry, the way I'll run the guild in-game will make the game 20% cooler, but help from the General is also very helpful. :3

Let me think about, and you'll have your answer, my pony friend.

HerpyDooves

You know what, it didn't take me long to think about it, and it's pretty obvious why:

You've shown dedication to the herd 100%, you're the most active member here, AND you've also had experience of  being a leader. And so, the time has come, that we declared you...

General! Congratulations.

Natsu

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Apr 12, 19:32:58
You know what, it didn't take me long to think about it, and it's pretty obvious why:

You've shown dedication to the herd 100%, you're the most active member here, AND you've also had experience of  being a leader. And so, the time has come, that we declared you...

Splendid! Though, what about your brother(or whoever it was), might I ask?

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Natsu on 2013 Apr 12, 19:50:03
Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Apr 12, 19:32:58

Splendid! Though, what about your brother(or whoever it was), might I ask?

Oh, please! lol He's not even a Brony, that was like a 'Deafcon 1' emergency mega button. Even then I wouldn't let him be the general. lol

Natsu

Ah, do you have the General signature?

if not, just pm what you did to create the sig, and i'll create it myself.

HerpyDooves

2013 Apr 12, 20:25:22 #246 Last Edit: 2013 Apr 12, 20:31:35 by HerpyDooves
Quote from: Natsu on 2013 Apr 12, 20:15:30

I do, I'm actually looking for it right now...

Spoiler: show

There ya go!

Natsu

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Apr 12, 20:25:22
Quote from: Natsu on 2013 Apr 12, 20:15:30

I do, I'm actually looking for it right now...

Spoiler: show

There ya go!

Wonderful, thanks!

HerpyDooves

HerpyDooves

I've thought about it, and I was thinking, would you like to become the combat leader of the group? This is seperate from your general position, of course.

Also, this is a new list of ranks I've up with:

War Leader

Lore Master

Law Keeper

Bit Treasurer

This is all I can think of at the moment, but there's more there!

Natsu

2013 Apr 14, 10:48:00 #250 Last Edit: 2013 Apr 14, 10:53:13 by Natsu
Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Apr 13, 21:46:29
I've thought about it, and I was thinking, would you like to become the combat leader of the group? This is seperate from your general position, of course.

War Leader

Lore Master

Law Keeper

Bit Treasurer

I thought about something similar to this when I was promoted, however it's not really much of a personal choice anymore. I'm going to take 'War Leader' since I'm going to roll the tank class, Earth Pony. Tanks usually are the leaders since they drive all the attention on themselves, and they last much longer.

For the rest of these 'ranks', I would give loyals the chance to take one. That is, if they can pass the tests ;)

And perhaps give some minor responsibilities to warriors. I'll make a list of things and post them soon.

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Natsu on 2013 Apr 14, 10:48:00
Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Apr 13, 21:46:29

War Leader

Lore Master

Law Keeper

Bit Treasurer

I thought about something similar to this when I was promoted, however it's not really much of a personal choice anymore. I'm going to take 'War Leader' since I'm going to roll the tank class, Earth Pony. Tanks usually are the leaders since they drive all the attention on themselves, and they last much longer.

For the rest of these 'ranks', I would give loyals the chance to take one. That is, if they can pass the tests ;)

And perhaps give some minor responsibilities to warriors. I'll make a list of things and post them soon.

I'd like to see what you have in mind for the Warriors ;)

As for Lucien and Cottonball, you have until 11 PM to finish the tests, or you fail the first out of the three. Failing two tests results in no Loyal ranking, just so you know. :P

HerpyDooves

OK Let's stray away from all of this Herd making business and talk a little...

How's it going guys?

Cotton Ball

2013 Apr 14, 16:59:34 #253 Last Edit: 2013 Apr 14, 17:11:28 by Cotton Ball
Well i figured out im youngest on the forums due to being 9 almost 10 well lets see how that goes :I aparrently Also OC forums are judgey look at mine flash dash for example I mean really so judgey I need to know How do i put my warrior of harmony banner in my signature pinkie pie is the tempoarary one
[move][/move]
Don't be a salad, be the best broccoli you could ever be.

Salveon

2013 Apr 14, 19:09:20 #254 Last Edit: 2013 Apr 14, 20:35:13 by Salveon
"I'm back after being not-active for awhile, and it being spring-break, my first order is to be working on this herd!

~ Anyone who doesn't respond to this message within a month will be kicked. (I don't want any no-actives!)"

D: Sorry I've been so inactive. I was hit in the busy season of both robotics and school, mixed with family coming over from England, so it's been a lot harder to hide my brony-ness. I think I'm still within the one month time frame, so please don't kick me from the guild. ( D; )

Natsu, could you please add me to the guild skype group? We're already contacts on skype so I can't really add you with the "I wish to preserve harmony in this world.", though if you want, I can just message it to you. (Salveonhugscreepers)

Lastly, I would like to ask if I could please take the loyal test ;D Thanks in advance
~Salveon

HerpyDooves

2013 Apr 14, 19:58:25 #255 Last Edit: 2013 Apr 14, 20:13:15 by HerpyDooves
The Loyal test will be sent to you ASAP. And the non-active rule won't apply until the game releases.

EDIT: Cottonball, I'll give you a 6/10, which is passing, but very, very close to failing. I'll explain:

You're message was very short, and lacked information, but you did get the point. You knew that something was wrong, and thus, said so. But because of the information you lacked, you nearly failed. But, I let this test slide. Two more to go though... and I won't be a softy on them.

Cotton Ball

O.o omg i barely made it oh well -pulls up google- i may need it  :I
[move][/move]
Don't be a salad, be the best broccoli you could ever be.

Dark Hooves

Congrats to you Cotton Ball. :D
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Salveon

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Apr 14, 19:58:25
The Loyal test will be sent to you ASAP. And the non-active rule won't apply until the game releases.

Thanks ^_^

Also, Congrats Cotton Ball!
~Salveon

HerpyDooves

You also said you needed help getting the banner into you're signature:

1. Go to the front page of the Herd thread and go down to the warrior banner I provided at the bottom.
2. Right-click the image and click "Copy Image Location".
3. Hover over "Profile" at the top and click "Forum Profile".
4. Go down to signature and paste the link into the box.
5. At the beginning of the URL, put

Hope I wasn't too detailed, I hate making people feel dumb. And if it doesn't work, just say so.

Go Up