New Forum Theme Suggestions

Started by Liska, 2013 Feb 10, 03:26:28

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Liska

2013 Feb 10, 03:26:28 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 17, 18:14:30 by AnyaSmash
YOU GET A NEW FORUM THEME. AND YOU GET A NEW FORUM THEME. EVERYPONY GETS A NEW FORUM THEME!

Changes:
+ I will make different color themes.
+ I might add ponies from the game's storyline to the sides of the forum.

Hey, everypony!
As usual, I make a forum theme, use it for a few months, and then get tired of it and make a new one.

But right now, I'm all out of ideas of how the new theme should look.
So, I'm leaving it up to you guys.

Not really completely up to you guys, but I'll be sure to take in any of your suggestions and ideas.

Let's do this.

Cha cha cha.  :nod:

Julius

Quote from: AnyaSmash on 2013 Feb 10, 03:26:28
So, I'm leaving it up to you guys.

Really?! *-*

Quote from: AnyaSmash on 2013 Feb 10, 03:26:28
Not really completely up to you guys, but I'll be sure to take in any of your suggestions and ideas.

OH COME ON! lol

I'll see if I can come up with something sweet. ^-^
Purr~

Night Pony

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Liska

How many points do I receive!? =P
I'm iffy about creating multiple themes. While giving players options would be lovely, we don't want to take up too much space with a bunch of themes.

Julius

Add different ponies doing silly things in the background. ^-^

Make new buttons. With that I mean that a new color and perhaps different style for the buttons would be nice. :nod:

Make a more... Shall I say... "Complete" background. The current one is only clouds and two rainbowfalls. :P

New color scheme up to you, but I liked how the old theme changed according to the time of the day. Perhaps something similar could be done this time. :)

Add more emotiponies to the "more" button! I know there's a few secret emotiponies! :ajshifty:

... That is all I got for now. I'm pretty happy with the current layout. :]
Purr~

Jenzy

I see we currently have a Cloud theme. Seems to resemble Cloudsdale...

Maybe a Sweet Apple Acres theme? :] (Unsure what to have besides apples/apple products and accessories apple trees)

Or, Crystal Empire theme. With that aurora thing coming from the Crystal Heart (Center, the LoE logo).

Julius

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Feb 10, 04:27:28
Crystal Empire theme. With that aurora thing coming from the Crystal Heart (Center, the LoE logo).

Crystals... I like it. :3

Oh, yes, crystalize EVERYTHING! ovO
Purr~

Night Pony

Quote from: Julius on 2013 Feb 10, 04:29:06
Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Feb 10, 04:27:28
Crystal Empire theme. With that aurora thing coming from the Crystal Heart (Center, the LoE logo).

Crystals... I like it. :3

Oh, yes, crystalize EVERYTHING! ovO

Crystals....yess....

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Julius

Yesssss... You read my mind Pony of the Nightsssss... Crystalsssss... lol
Purr~

Jenzy

Somewhat simpler...

Just having the current theme, and re-color to orange/midnight blue. For day evening night...

Liska

2013 Feb 10, 04:43:52 #10 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 10, 04:45:31 by AnyaSmash
lol The new theme I'm making doesn't have image resizer installed on it, so all the images are super huge.
We are staying away from official show themes, and we kept ponies out of the forum and website theme for a certain reason. :ajshifty:
We might have to shy away from show characters as well, so I'm not sure about the status of our beloved forum emoticons.
I'm making a blue-ish theme right meow, and following the critiques of the last new forum theme thread, I'm trying to not make the colors too bright.

Oh, and as far as the images changing every 4 hours like on the ooold old forum, that took quite a bit of code. Not to mention I'm going for a minimalism theme with this forum theme, so I'm not sure how well that'd work.

I'd also like to have a few forum members volunteer to preview the new theme once I finish it, to make sure everything is in tip-top shape. ^-^

Julius

Quote from: AnyaSmash on 2013 Feb 10, 04:43:52
We are staying away from official show themes, and we kept ponies out of the forum and website theme for a certain reason. :ajshifty:

Oh, right. X3

We might have to shy away from show characters as well, so I'm not sure about the status of our beloved forum emoticons.

What?! Oh no... :c

I love these so much... Seriously, I can't write now without thinking of adding an emotipony, no matter where I'm writing. It's difficult to ignore the fact that I'm not on the forum. lol

Oh, and as far as the images changing every 4 hours like on the ooold old forum, that took quite a bit of code. Not to mention I'm going for a minimalism theme with this forum theme, so I'm not sure how well that'd work.

I'd also like to have a few forum members volunteer to preview the new theme once I finish it, to make sure everything is in tip-top shape. ^-^

Well, changing theme or not, you know I'm in to test it out if you'd like me to! ^-^
Purr~

Jenzy

Yes. We do have our certain reasons... :ajshifty:

And. If so, I will dearly miss them emotiponies. They're so fun to use! x3

I'll be glad to test it too. See how it looks. ^-^

Darkangel

No more emotiponies? I'll miss them... :c <- *One of the last emotiponies on this forum*
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Julius

Hey now guys, don't be sad, she said might. Don't be saying goodbye to our lovely emotiponies just yet! :)
Purr~

Liska

Well, I don't want to leave you guys hanging.
So here's what I got so far.
Feel free to comment or critique while I go off to bed.
Some colors may be off since I'm using f.lux.

Those stars will probably be changed. x-x

Liska

And incase anypony can't tell. The image resizer is broken.

Little Judas

2013 Feb 10, 07:11:48 #17 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 10, 07:16:54 by Little Judas
You mean
Spoiler: This • show
// --- Begin added code - nCode Image Resizer --- $txt['ncode_imageresizer_warning_small'] = 'Click this bar to view the full image.'; $txt['ncode_imageresizer_warning_filesize'] = 'This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1$sx%2$s and weighs %3$sKB.'; $txt['ncode_imageresizer_warning_no_filesize'] = 'This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1$sx%2$s.'; $txt['ncode_imageresizer_warning_fullsize'] = 'Click this bar to view the small image.'; $txt['ncode_imageresizer_mode'] = 'Resize Mode'; $txt['ncode_imageresizer_original'] = 'Keep original size'; $txt['ncode_imageresizer_enlarge_same'] = 'Enlarge in same document'; $txt['ncode_imageresizer_open_same'] = 'Open in same window'; $txt['ncode_imageresizer_open_new'] = 'Open in new window'; $txt['ncode_imageresizer_max_width'] = 'Maximum width'; $txt['ncode_imageresizer_max_height'] = 'Maximum height
Leave blank for no max height.'; // --- End added code ---

Isn't normal?

The images of what could be are nice, classy and also...
THEY'RE GRRREAT
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Cerebrate

I have removed the image resizer to prevent that error for now.

Julius

I like it! Like Judas said, it looks classy! :]

Even though I'm not particularly a fan of the Dark Blue color and overall how dark it seems compared to the current theme, I am sure many will appreciate it. And hey, I'm a fan of Black and Dark Gray.

I would prefer a color like... Orange or Yellow instead of Blue, but at least this matches my iPhone's UI. lol

Glad to see the new search bar and the return of the profile picture! ^-^

I can't wait to see how the new theme affects mobile browsing. It shouldn't of course, but that's what testing's for! ;)
Purr~

Go Up