A guide for downloading and running the game. (Updated)

Started by Rissian, 2013 Jul 06, 11:29:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BrilliantBolt

Quote from: Pipkin on 2013 Jul 07, 23:29:17
Quote from: MrDeLoop on 2013 Jul 07, 06:05:36
Hey all! Sorry to join the countless others shouting for help from the pit of despair, but I can't seem to find any solutions for this.
Rather than the 508 errors, I seem to be getting this gem.

Huh. I'm on Windows, and I've tried redownloading the source files/deleting the saved settings in appdata. It's weird because I got the game working twice yesterday. From the looks of it, it's like I have to wait for various files to finish "downloading", but I kept the login open overnight and nothing happened.  :o

Gosh this took forever to find again.  Apparently this should work but it looks like you tried this already
Quote from: Kit on 2013 Jul 07, 11:14:19
Quote from: EddieScotch on 2013 Jul 07, 04:44:36
Anyone else got a problem with "downloading game files" error when logging in? Comes up with a list and the only item that's finished is "Item Atlas".

This should be the solution for at least Windows:

Delete all files in Users\(your_user_name)\AppData\LocalLow\LoE\Legends of Equestria\data

The contents you delete look like this:

Then you just run the game.  No need to uninstall, reinstall, redownload, reextract, reetc.  ^-^

Quote from: GravityDerp on 2013 Jul 07, 22:47:07
Okay so I downloaded it and my dad and I are confused that the game itself won't load.... And this seems really complicated with the 7zip stuff and neither of us can figure it out. Also we downloaded the game and kind find the file anywhere even though we saved it to downloads.

Quote from: BrilliantBolt on 2013 Jul 07, 22:59:03
I am having so much trouble downloading.  :l >:O I have downloaded the file in firefox and google chrome and no luck! I downloaded the 7zip and still no luck! It wont open the file. Please Help!!!

7Zip is a compressed archive, you should be able to extract the contents into it's own folder using a program like 7-zip and WinRAR.  The links for these extractors can be found in Trege's first post on this thread

I dont get the extracting part. i downloaded the thing from 7zip.org and i have no idea what to do with it.

Feather Flow

Hey I got some weird problems: when I choose settings like video or sound, no options appears  :c  what should I do?
Everypony seems to be adding pictures of themselves to their signatures. That's a little narssisistic don't you think?

3rony-Pie

Dammit! The download came with a virus. I dont know if you guys can fix that but if you can please do it as soon as you can. The waiting is killing me.  D:

Pipkin

Erm, if you downloaded it from this site there wont be a virus with it

Besides, the open server weekend is over, unfortunately.

Tiger

Just a question to the team here... We can delete the file now, right? Because we have to download another file for a future stress test just like before, right?

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Overlord123

I've reinstalled the game numerous times but every time I play it for some reason my game lookes like this:

Shuttershy

Help! When I try to log in, there's this message that says: "couldn't log in: no game access"  DD: What should I do? I downloaded the right file!

Vinyl Scratch.

I get 3 errors 1:could not login: no game acess 2:could not login 3: max amount of players reached  ovO

ImtheDoctor

I just realized they closed the open server yesterday DX I hope they do another one soon.

McSleuthburger

since the test is over im moving this to the RH
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Go Up