Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 Oct 20, 18:33:05
When you go shopping, and you just happen to get THAT trolley.
You know which one I mean: the one with the ONE ODD WHEEL THAT KEEPS JAMMING THE WHOLE TROLLY EVERY FIVE SECONDS!!! >:O

I always test out the cart that I get before I start putting stuff in it, so if it's an obnoxious one, I find out early enough to put it back and get another one.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Ramisha

Quote from: chisoka on 2014 Oct 21, 18:18:28
The entire computer - Desktop background and the taskbar included - completely froze for the twenty-third time today.  Yes, I counted.

Don't worry, it used to happen to me too, it goes away after some time.
My problem is I have a single line of green pixels (sometimes switches to magenta on a light background). I've gotten used to it but when I'm drawing something it can really distract me.

Elphyda

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Oct 22, 01:48:57
The entire computer - Desktop background and the taskbar included - completely froze for the twenty-third time today.  Yes, I counted.

My problem is I have a single line of green pixels (sometimes switches to magenta on a light background). I've gotten used to it but when I'm drawing something it can really distract me.

Check to see if it's your monitor.  Try seeing if it's not plugged in all the way.  If it is, try running it on a different computer.  If it's still doing it, then the monitor's screen is damaged, and you'll need it repaired or replaced if it gets annoying enough.

As per my situation, it's a single core HP Compaq that has mild hardware damage from hand-me-down use.  I just need to build a new machine to fix the problem.

Jenzy

Math homework. So much paper used! I like and hate math at the same time.

Me almost every night. >A<
Oh Precalculus. You and your fractions and powers and square roots, etc.

Nuserame

Quote from: chisoka on 2014 Oct 22, 01:51:02

Check to see if it's your monitor.  Try seeing if it's not plugged in all the way.  If it is, try running it on a different computer.  If it's still doing it, then the monitor's screen is damaged, and you'll need it repaired or replaced if it gets annoying enough.

As per my situation, it's a single core HP Compaq that has mild hardware damage from hand-me-down use.  I just need to build a new machine to fix the problem.

Heh I have a bunch of those sitting around at work. Pentium 4s and such, wasn't even a great machine when it was new.

Still it should be able to run Windows XP, might be yours simply needs a fresh installation. Not thats its not a good idea to replace it... even a chromebook will run better than that.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Elphyda

Quote from: Nuserame on 2014 Oct 22, 12:16:36

Heh I have a bunch of those sitting around at work. Pentium 4s and such, wasn't even a great machine when it was new.

Still it should be able to run Windows XP, might be yours simply needs a fresh installation. Not thats its not a good idea to replace it... even a chromebook will run better than that.

Once I have the means to, I am going to build a new machine to fit all of my needs.  Prebuilds never seem to do so, and always end out like my current one.  I'm really hoping I'll be able to have my new machine completely built before the OSW after this next OSW.

Nuserame

Quote from: chisoka on 2014 Oct 22, 15:45:39

Once I have the means to, I am going to build a new machine to fit all of my needs.  Prebuilds never seem to do so, and always end out like my current one.  I'm really hoping I'll be able to have my new machine completely built before the OSW after this next OSW.

At least your current setup should be pretty easy to beat, tech made good progress since single-core CPUs. LoE also isn't very demanding.

Elphyda

Quote from: Nuserame on 2014 Oct 22, 16:05:19
Quote from: chisoka on 2014 Oct 22, 15:45:39

At least your current setup should be pretty easy to beat, tech made good progress since single-core CPUs. LoE also isn't very demanding.

Yeah.  I also multi task a lot, so I am going to make sure my new build supports that.

Midnight Breeze

My mom refused to vote because she's convinced her vote doesn't count. That attitude is exactly the reason we're stuck with the horrible, horrible politicians we have now. Only a little over half the country votes in PRESIDENTIAL elections, far fewer vote in any other election. Considering the house of representatives has a whopping 8% approval rating I would think everyone would be lining up to fire them, but nope. Voter turnout is abysmal.

Well, at least I was able to vote against that 200,000-dollar-a-year-eating jerk John Fleming. I just really, really wish there as an 'abolish congress' option on the ballot.

Nuserame

If my country had senatorial elections, I would write 'A horse' under the list of candidates ovO

Though probably none would get the historic reference even if it made it out of the voting office...

Chishio Kunrin

I don't... understand... why people will fight... with admins. :l
Like, on a wikia, if an admin undoes your edit... DO NOT REDO YOUR EDIT.
If you do redo your edit and the admin undoes it again, that's a pretty good sign to leave it alone and that whatever you were trying to put on the page is not going to be allowed on the page.

Do not get into an edit war with an admin. They can lock the page if they get frustrated with you. Then, nobody but admins can edit the page! You just ruined it for everyone, buddy! *Facepalm*

And it's not like you can't tell that this user has some kind of special rank! Their name is bold, a different color, and has a symbol next to it!
*Flips a table* Do not get into an edit war with an admin until they lock the page and then message them asking why they locked the page, while insisting that what you kept adding was right! Maybe instead of getting into the edit war in the first place, you could've started with simply asking the admin why they removed your edit. Insane, right?

MrEmu

Ugh!

The power went out for my whole day and just came back on...that is annoying...
Doubt anyone even noticed I was gone...lol

No tea...
No Video games...
No heat...

Uggghhhhhhhh...

Jenzy

Honestly, I haven't noticed much of any Activity Feed on here on the Forum.

Since it's the weekday, and I'm in school/college, I'm focusing on a bunch of homework. Going through it well or hurting my head a bit. Precalculus can be rather stressful at times, got a Psycology Lit to do, some SQL Queries for CIT 150, and some programming assignments in CIT 101.

I still hate my habit of completing assignments this late at night even more. Jenzy why?

I don't even know who notices I'm even here at all. :U

And there's a lot of friends I haven't talked to in a long time, who I still think are really great. Hopefully I'll be able to chat with them again sometime soon. Very soon.

Ramisha

People who invade other people's personal space. Pls stahp.

MrEmu

2014 Oct 23, 04:38:29 #14434 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 23, 04:42:25 by MrEmu
Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Oct 23, 04:06:52
People who invade other people's personal space. Pls stahp.
AMEN! lol

Getting crappy sleep, then crappier sleep the next night.
And when your headphones brake so only one bud makes sound properly, and the other just sputters...

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Oct 23, 08:14:33 #14435 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 23, 08:19:10 by Chishio Kunrin
The fact that Youtube lags when trying to load a page that shows a bunch of videos to choose from and the menu sidebar.
Also, the fact that Youtube just made Firefox crash because of this lag.
ALSO, the fact that I just opened and closed Firefox multiple times because it would not stop opening all of the tabs that I had, thus causing it to lag all over again!

If Firefox crashed, don't you think I would rather you not reopen the tab that caused the freaking crash in the first place?!!! I really, really wish browsers would bring up a window asking us which tabs we want restored, so we don't end up with the problem tab plaguing us until the browser finally decides to open on the startup page instead!

*Rages everywhere*
... *Actually, calm now* Bleh. :\

Post Merge

Note: It's a rather small amount of lag, but the delay is still slightly bothersome.
And I had multiple tabs and a flash game open at the time.

Nuserame

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Oct 23, 08:14:33
The fact that Youtube lags when trying to load a page that shows a bunch of videos to choose from and the menu sidebar.
ALSO, the fact that I just opened and closed Firefox multiple times because it would not stop opening all of the tabs that I had, thus causing it to lag all over again!

If Firefox crashed, don't you think I would rather you not reopen the tab that caused the freaking crash in the first place?!!! I really, really wish browsers would bring up a window asking us which tabs we want restored, so we don't end up with the problem tab plaguing us until the browser finally decides to open on the startup page instead!

*Rages everywhere*

Post Merge

Note: It's a rather small amount of lag, but the delay is still slightly bothersome.

My firefox actually does that, the asking what pages should be restored that is.

It also hasn't gotten any lags or crashes in ages either, maybe update it and adobe flash?

Also about admin duties: They are a lot more fun on game servers. I moderated/maintained a Jedi Knight 3 server (so old yet so awesome...), where we could get pretty... creative when dealing with troublemakers. I made a policy of not outright kicking players on first offenses as most got the point after a warning and kicking players really hurts traffic levels, but for the ones that simply made a point out of misbehaving we had a whole range of command to explode, slap, teleport, rename to silly names or be made invisible to other players and also unable to hit any of them. We used to make bets on how long it would take one to notice.

Yeeeah those were they days!

I can imagine wiki patrol duty being annoying though. Most users are anonymous and no satisfaction of exploding anyone.

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Oct 23, 12:17:30 #14437 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 23, 16:55:22 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Nuserame on 2014 Oct 23, 11:45:34
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Oct 23, 08:14:33

*Rages everywhere*

Post Merge

My firefox actually does that, the asking what pages should be restored that is.

It also hasn't gotten any lags or crashes in ages either, maybe update it and adobe flash?

Also about admin duties: They are a lot more fun on game servers. I moderated/maintained a Jedi Knight 3 server (so old yet so awesome...), where we could get pretty... creative when dealing with troublemakers. I made a policy of not outright kicking players on first offenses as most got the point after a warning and kicking players really hurts traffic levels, but for the ones that simply made a point out of misbehaving we had a whole range of command to explode, slap, teleport, rename to silly names or be made invisible to other players and also unable to hit any of them. We used to make bets on how long it would take one to notice.

Yeeeah those were they days!

I can imagine wiki patrol duty being annoying though. Most users are anonymous and no satisfaction of exploding anyone.

It's funny how some anons seem to think that they can't be punished, when the admins can do an IP ban. :P
This can sometimes lead to people causing trouble more because they think they're invincible just because they don't have a username. Some of them also probably don't realize that everyone can see their IP address, and if they stir up too much trouble, people will actually memorize their IP address. That, and the wiki makes a helpful list of every single edit, comment, and forum post that you make and places that list on your profile, regardless of whether or not you have an account. So all the admin has to do is click their IP address to go to their profile, click Contributions, and go through the list to see that they've been committing serial vandalism or starting flamewars or posting spoilers, etc.

Though, the guy who got into an edit war with an admin actually has an account.

Post Merge

The hype train for the new RWBY episode has hit me, and I can't get off! Even worse, the new episode is mocking me with its title: "No Brakes"

The hype train for No Brakes has no brakes! D:

The sponsors who've seen the episode are freaking out over it, saying how amazing it is and how crazy everything got, and some of them were actually intimidated, and and and and and and and adn adn adna ndfands faonaowoe rnahwoeraowera *Foams at the mouth*

I can't see the episode until 6:30, and it's 3:55 right now! Curse you, sponsors!! DD:

Midnight Breeze

I hate men's suits. Why? Because to me they sort of put off this weird aura of arrogance.

Quick, name some professions that wear suits. Off the top of my head : Politicians, executives, bankers, pundits, ect. To me, wearing a suit is sort of a nonverbal way of saying "I'm above you." I know that's a really one-dimensional; probably judgmental, way of looking at it. I don't know, I just don't like them, I'm weird like that.

If I'm elected president someday I won't wear a suit. Seriously. Could you imagine a president give his inaugural address in jeans and a hoody? Now that's one cool president!

LostSanity

Wonderful. Just wonderful.

One of the moderators from the MLP:FiM forum I left found me on DeviantArt. It's the moderator I hate the most too.

You know what? Fine.

I'm going to tell these jerks off. Once and for all. I can talk in long text too.

>:O
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Go Up