General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

2014 Oct 10, 09:36:28 #120 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 11, 00:12:05 by Rikaria
Quote from: SerebiiThe next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming game Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. While pictures have yet to be posted, the information that has come out is set to reveal Mega Latios, Mega Latias as well as two brand new Megas, Mega Pidgeot and Beedrill. Images of these specific parts of CoroCoro are yet to come, so it's technically unconfirmed, but the leakers have shown other parts of CoroCoro giving credence to this. We'll bring more, and pics, as they come so keep checking back.
- Edit @ 09:45: Mega Pidgeot is Normal/Flying-type with the ability No Guard and Mega Beedrill is Bug/Poison-type with the ability Adaptability. You can fly on Mega Latios & Latias in the overworld and find Pokémon such as Reshiram, Zekrom, Dialga & Palkia in the sky. Latios is exclusive to Omega Ruby and Latias is exclusive to Alpha Sapphire.
- Edit @ 10:00: The Eon Ticket is said to return through a special distribution. This makes Latias available in Omega Ruby and Latios available in Alpha Sapphire.
- Edit @ 10:15: This ticket will be distributed via Serial Code in an upcoming issue
- Edit @ 10:04: The Legendary Pokémon are found on islands that can only be found through areas on the sky and is said to make it so all non-event Legendary Pokémon will be obtainable in Generation VI. You access the sky through the Eon Flute item
- Edit @ 10:14: You can also encounter various other Pokémon in the wild within the clouds over Hoenn.
- Edit @ 01:45: Two more images have surfaced. One showcasing the first Mega Rayquaza, showcasing all the information we got on it last week. The second introduces the new PokéNav called the MultiNavi. It has four settings: MapNavi, TVNavi, PlayNavi which includes features like Pokémon Amie and the GTS and DexNavi which helps you find Pokémon in the wild and register them in your Pokédex. You can sneak up on Pokémon, or you can register Pokémon that you encounter in the overworld into your Pokédex. We'll bring more as it comes.

Spoiler: Images • show

About time Pidgeot got one :3
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Stardust Dragon

I agree that Pidgeot deserves a Mega Evolution, but it just looks kinda...boring.   It didn't change much during evolution, and now it's not doing much with a Mega.  Still, it's probably worth messing around with.

On the other hand, I really like Mega Beedrill's design.  Something about it's normal look always bugged me, but this new look seems to fix it: maybe it's the eyes, I dunno.

And finally, flying around on the back of a Latios...excuse me while I die and go to heaven!  :3

Rikaria

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2014 Oct 10, 12:56:43
flying around on the back of a Latios...excuse me while I die and go to heaven!  :3

Kinda a bit off-topic: you already could do that in the third Pokémon Ranger game. In fact, I wonder if that's where they got the idea from, because you also could find wild Pokémon in the air on that game.

GoldenTerrabyte

MEGA PIDGEOT OMG YES *faints*

And it looks so AWESOME!!!
I'm back

LostSanity

BTW...

I pre-ordered Omega Ruby when I went to pick up my copy of Smash Bros. 3DS.

:D
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rikaria

2014 Oct 11, 00:13:47 #125 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 11, 00:18:10 by Rikaria
Updated my recent Serebii post, but I'll outline what was added:

Quote from: Serebii- Edit @ 01:45: Two more images have surfaced. One showcasing the first Mega Rayquaza, showcasing all the information we got on it last week. The second introduces the new PokéNav called the MultiNavi. It has four settings: MapNavi, TVNavi, PlayNavi which includes features like Pokémon Amie and the GTS and DexNavi which helps you find Pokémon in the wild and register them in your Pokédex. You can sneak up on Pokémon, or you can register Pokémon that you encounter in the overworld into your Pokédex. We'll bring more as it comes.

Spoiler: More images • show

So THAT'S where GTS and Pokémon-Amie will be O: I mean, sure, they could've just directly copied X/Y, but still! This makes things really interesting.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Oct 10, 13:30:05
Kinda a bit off-topic: you already could do that in the third Pokémon Ranger game. In fact, I wonder if that's where they got the idea from, because you also could find wild Pokémon in the air on that game.

You know, that's the only Ranger game I ever played.  I can't believe I forgot about that bit of the story...I guess it's something about how it's a "mainstream" game.  X3

Rikaria

2014 Oct 14, 11:39:03 #127 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 14, 15:54:18 by Rikaria
Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Trailer & English Details

- The Pokémon Company has uploaded a new trailer which showcases all of the new information and Mega Evolutions from the past week. The US demo will come through the October Trainer Club News Letter.
- The DexNav in the PokéNav Plus has a search level as you find Pokémon. As this Level increases, you can find Pokémon with Hidden Abilities & Rare moves. You can even mark Pokémon in the area that you have seen and haven't seen.
- In the AreaNav, there is also tracking of Pokémon locations, as well as the return of the Trainer's Eyes and the ability to keep track of Secret Bases and Berries.
- Buzz Nav has information such as television shows, and you can even receive information for it with StreetPass.
- The PlayNav retains all features of the PSS, Super Training and Pokémon-Amie.
- Interview at USGamer confirms that Trainer Customisation is not in this game.
- It has also been confirmed in an interview with NTower that, although X & Y are compatible with Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, X & Y will not receive a patch to include the new Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversions.

Quote- The first details from the Pokémon ORAS demo have come in and have revealed Mega Steelix which gets the Sand Force ability.
- Mega Glalie is also in the demo. It is pure Ice-type and gets the Refrigerate ability.

I'll be editing this post whenever more info about the demo gets released.

Shadow Mare

All this talk about mega evolutions made me think of this...

Rikaria

There are other ways you can get a demo code just in case you forget to sign up for the Pokemon.com newsletter in North America. More info here.

Also, relevant to this thread: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6193.msg864871#msg864871 (read the Diancie part)

Naura

D'awww, thanks!
Without that link I would have missed to pick up this cute Pumpkaboo :3
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Rikaria

2014 Nov 07, 11:03:09 #131 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 07, 14:48:02 by Rikaria
Spoiler: Comparison video 1 • show

Spoiler: Comparison video 2 • show

___

Quote from: Serebii- The official Japanese site has announced that, while you can get the Eon Ticket for Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire through an event, if you do receive the Eon Ticket, you have the capability of sharing it through StreetPass, akin to how you could share it by mixing records in the original. You will never lose your Eon Ticket, however.
- Edit @ 09:05: The Pokémon Company has announced the Eon Ticket Relay for the UK. This will begin with Junichi Masuda giving the Eon Ticket out at the launch event on Saturday November 29th. From there, 15 winners will be sent to various GAME stores to spread the Eon Ticket through StreetPass. More details are to be released on November 13th
- Edit @ 16:14: It has also been announced that in the US, Serial Codes for the Eon Ticket will be given to Play! Pokémon Organisers and heads of StreetPass groups from November 21st. From there, the Eon Ticket can be StreetPassed to other players

Naura

Looks so cool! :o
Can't wait till they are released!
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Joylight

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Oct 16, 08:28:35
All this talk about mega evolutions made me think of this...

Lol. Yes. Why is there no like button for this?

Rikaria

2014 Nov 12, 22:19:53 #134 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 13, 13:33:47 by Rikaria
Quote from: SerebiiThe next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming game Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. This first images showcases many of the legends available throughout the game including revealing that Deoxys is available in the game at some point of a part of the game called Episode Delta. It also reveals a character who is called Higana. She travels with a Whismur and has Salamence when you battle her.

___

- The Pokémon Company has uploaded a new trailer which showcases all of the new information which came last night. First, the girl known as Hagana is called Zinnia in the localisation.
- Edit @ 15:04: A new attraction on the Pokémon Global Link has been announced called Mine Cart Adventure, which has you try and go as far as you can on a MineCart. It offers PokéBalls as prizes and costs 20 PokéMiles to enter.
It also confirms you get given the Diancite in a Pokémon Center when you trade over Diancie
- Edit @ 15:12: Details of the Delta Episode are also known. It is discovered that an asteroid is on course with the planet and it has a relationship to an event 3000 years ago. In addition to that, Team Magma/Aqua are starting to steal Key Stones from trainers.
Edit @ 15:51: The UK Eon Ticket raffle has been detailed. The winners of the raffle will get to meet Junichi Masuda on November 29th, receive a 2DS with ORAS preinstalled, and the Eon Ticket, and then be sent to their local GAME in order to share it.

LostSanity

It is officially now one week until release.

Get hyped up again?

:s
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rikaria

One week over here in North America, anyway. I think the rest of the world have to wait one week later.

Itty Bit

I'm pretty excited for this after playing the demo...
But I don't think I'll be getting it at launch, as Smash Bros is coming out on the same day... I might be getting it later, though!

Rikaria

Two more days!

Anyway, I'll be making a section on the first post for Super Secret Base QR Codes which will include any promotional ones that might come out later. If there's enough of them from us LoE users, I might consider holding design contests, the prizes being Pokémon and in-game items.

Naura

Sounds fun! Can't wait to get home from school and get the game! :3
Hope that everyone will have as fun playing it as I will (Super Excited ovO!!!!!)

Go Up