Tablets

Started by Little Star, 2012 Oct 14, 11:08:33

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Little Star

2012 Oct 14, 11:08:33 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 23, 19:22:36 by StarSong
We can basically just use this thread to talk about tablets............... I ordered a Bamboo Splash
EDIT: Check out my thread in requests.... MY TABLET IS INNNN

Cutiebone

I really want a tablet... T.T
Moved to Fluffy Ribbon. FR is universal. Rather than CB, which refers to an OC that isn't used anymore, it's better to use a name I'd actually like to be identified with... >.<

Lord of Madness

I finally got a tablet! I drew an eye on it :3

Jenzy

Got mine yesterday! :D

I think I'm really capturing the idea of how to use my Wacom Bamboo Capture~

It's fantastic! lol

ChocolateRain

Got my new Bamboo over a week ago and I love it. Didn't draw that much before. Though I have to say I find working in Gimp with it more easy than in Inkscape. Somehow I couldn't yet get used to doing vectorizing with it.

All work and no candy makes Choco a dull colt!
deviantArt

Cutiebone

2012 Oct 20, 17:10:25 #5 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 20, 17:13:26 by Cutiebone
Attention! I'm getting a tablet for Christmas (I HOPE) but my price range is $200-, whatever StarSong goes with I probably will go with! Bamboo Splash or Bamboo Create... whatever one I get, I would love it to work in GIMP and Inkscape :3

Quote from: ChocolateRain on 2012 Oct 20, 14:23:27
Got my new Bamboo over a week ago and I love it. Didn't draw that much before. Though I have to say I find working in Gimp with it more easy than in Inkscape. Somehow I couldn't yet get used to doing vectorizing with it.

What kind?
Moved to Fluffy Ribbon. FR is universal. Rather than CB, which refers to an OC that isn't used anymore, it's better to use a name I'd actually like to be identified with... >.<

ChocolateRain

Quote from: Cutiebone on 2012 Oct 20, 17:10:25
Attention! I'm getting a tablet for Christmas (I HOPE) but my price range is $200-, whatever StarSong goes with I probably will go with! Bamboo Splash or Bamboo Create... whatever one I get, I would love it to work in GIMP and Inkscape :3

Quote from: ChocolateRain on 2012 Oct 20, 14:23:27

What kind?

It's the Wacom Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch Medium (3. Generation). First I thought it's quite large, but now I appreciate it. :)

deviantArt

Little Star

I ordered a Bamboo Splash!

Sea Foam

I actually just bought myself a tablet about two weeks ago. It's a Bamboo Create.
I must say, and maybe it's just me, I really have to get used to using it.
I just hope I didn't end up making a bad investment because, initially, it felt like I could do better with a mouse when I was testing it. :I

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

ChocolateRain

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Oct 20, 19:16:25
I actually just bought myself a tablet about two weeks ago. It's a Bamboo Create.
I just hope I didn't end up making a bad investment because, initially, it felt like I could do better with a mouse when I was testing it. :I

Trust me: You can't... Just get used to it... ;)

deviantArt

Cutiebone

For me, I can't just use a mouse, it isn't possible... I have to scan drawings, paint over them, then delete the background base, that's why I think a tablet would help me so much, if I tied just using a mouse it would look like garbage lol

Sea Foam, did you draw traditionally before you got the Bamboo Create?

Firefly

I want a tablet  :c  Vectoring takes up alot of time, although the lines might be smoother.
[move=6][/move]Thanks Skardan (signature) and Fudgemuffin (avatar) :D
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

PPBG

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Oct 20, 19:16:25

I find myself working better in Microsoft Paint with a mouse than a tablet. My tablet is usually used in Photoshop Elements. I still am better with a mouse all-around, but I think I'll get used to a tablet. ( If only I used it more often.)  :\
My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

Sea Foam

Quote from: Cutiebone on 2012 Oct 20, 21:33:37
For me, I can't just use a mouse, it isn't possible... I have to scan drawings, paint over them, then delete the background base, that's why I think a tablet would help me so much, if I tied just using a mouse it would look like garbage lol

Sea Foam, did you draw traditionally before you got the Bamboo Create?

Essentially, I do the same as you: Draw on paper, scan it in, paint over it in Photoshop..... just with a mouse.

I actually just now finished a drawing in which I heavily used my tablet, and it made things go much faster. Though I fear it may seem a bit sloppy, as it's difficult to get used to at first. I think I got the hang of it for the most part.

Quote from: Firefly on 2012 Oct 20, 21:35:34
I want a tablet  :c  Vectoring takes up alot of time, although the lines might be smoother.

From what I've heard, and tried myself a bit, vectoring is MUCH harder with a tablet. The mouse is much more steady and works better, all in all.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

ChocolateRain

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Oct 21, 04:45:39
From what I've heard, and tried myself a bit, vectoring is MUCH harder with a tablet. The mouse is much more steady and works better, all in all.

Matches my observations for now... Though I thought I'd just have to get used to it. In the end the tablet made me draw more. And that's a good thing. :)

deviantArt

Little Star

My tablet will be here wednesday :D

ChocolateRain

Quote from: StarSong on 2012 Oct 21, 17:08:27
My tablet will be here wednesday :D

Yay...

Which one will you get?

EDIT: Found it in the thread... It's the Bamboo Splash... Have fun with it. :)

deviantArt

Jenzy

2012 Oct 21, 17:52:46 #17 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 21, 17:54:19 by Jenzy
Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Oct 21, 04:45:39

With the mouse, I just "cheated" using the "Paths" Tool in GIMP, much like how some art are vectored in Illustrator...
I also used Veggie55's technique without even knowing he did that too... :l

StarSong's request was the first thing I've drawn on my Bamboo Capture. Sketched her pony on Autodesk Sketchbook, and later colored it in Photoshop Elements. I shared screens with FakeSmile while I was drawing her... lol

EDIT: I used Paths with the tablet once, and it's far easier moving the curves with it... Since you can have the cursor "jump" anywhere on your screen quickly...

Little Star

My tablet came early!!!

ChocolateRain

Quote from: StarSong on 2012 Oct 23, 19:24:09
My tablet came early!!!

Yay. Had a chance to test it already?

deviantArt

Go Up