Help with Mlp Jargon

Started by Noob Bot 2.0, 2015 Sep 16, 23:09:36

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Noob Bot 2.0

I heard words like cannon and shipping, but what do they mean?? I searched up the definition and I didn't quite understand. Could I be given an example and stuff?
Thanks ^-^

McClaw

Quote from: Noob Bot 2.0 on 2015 Sep 16, 23:09:36
I heard words like cannon and shipping, but what do they mean?? I searched up the definition and I didn't quite understand. Could I be given an example and stuff?
Thanks ^-^

It's "canon" (one "n" in the middle, not two), and it refers to what is accepted as "official" for a story or setting. (Cribbed from ecclesiastical jargon.) Debating what is and isn't canon is a common pastime for fans.

And "shipping" derives from the word "relationship". For fans, it means speculating on the possibilities of various characters having various types of relationships, usually romantic, often erotic. "I ship" therefore means the speaker likes or imagines a relationship between the two (or more) characters mentioned.
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

Chishio Kunrin

Some people don't even care if it's completely impossible for two characters to end up dating. They'll ship it anyway.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Sweet Brew

If you hear the term "Crack shipping" it means a ship that makes absolutely no sense.
Regular ship: Rainbow Dash + Thunder Lane. Not canon, but makes some sense.
Crack ship: Obi-won + Maud Pie. It makes no sense...sometimes these people are actually trying to be serious with that derp.

Feel free to ask about more terms and stuff!

Noob Bot 2.0

What does 'ponysona' and 'pegasister' mean?

Chishio Kunrin

A ponysona is when you make a pony who is pretty much supposed to be you as a pony.

Pegasister is a term that some people use to describe female bronies.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Go Up