Legends of Equestria announces Open Server Weekend Spectacular!

Started by Ellowee, 2013 Jun 07, 10:07:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Jun 15, 19:32:01
Quote from: Zbizo on 2013 Jun 15, 18:32:02
If you don't want people to miss it wouldn't be better idea to annouce it and let servers last for these 30 days?
If you're planning to pay for dedicated server I doubt if they have three days offer, otherwise what's the problem to keep it online any longer?

Because the game is still under heavy development. There's still a massive amount of quests, hats, accessories, and abilities to put in, not to mention the combat systems, AI for the NPCs, and a ton more.

And the world. X3
Even when Canterlot is finished up, the team has other places to build, too. Not to mention building interiors.

Besides that, when the servers are open, they need to be moderated. Last time required quite some moderation, between rule breakers and people falling into holes. Plus, some servers went down and had to be brought back up. But what can I say, it's still really early in development, so there are going to be kinks like that. It's things like these that we learn from. ;) By the way, like McSleuthburger said earlier, Ponyville has been fixed up, so things should run a bit more smoothly this time. In relation to that, another good point is that we also need to look out for problems like the Ponyville spawning glitch.

As fun as it would be for you guys, we can't have the servers open for a full month yet, but we will try to have fun things like this whenever we can.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Tekner

If you're planning to pay for dedicated server I doubt if they have three days offer, otherwise what's the problem to keep it online any longer?
What makes you think we have to purchase dedicated servers just for the stress test? We already pay to host servers for our own purposes. The stress test just lets you guys log into them for a few days.

Asterian Starfall

"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

FanofRainbowDash

2013 Jun 16, 15:07:22 #124 Last Edit: 2013 Jun 16, 15:12:18 by FanofRainbowDash
I can wait that long.  :nod: -wonders how to keep the promise-  :x

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: FanofRainbowDash on 2013 Jun 16, 15:07:22
I can wait that long.  :nod: -wonders how to keep the promise-  :x

"Time is nothing more than a measurement. Accept that, and it will flow the way you wish." - Aubrey Martin
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Zbizo

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Jun 16, 03:09:30
What makes you think we have to purchase dedicated servers just for the stress test? We already pay to host servers for our own purposes. The stress test just lets you guys log into them for a few days.

I thought that you're using dedicated server only to keep up game servers online and closed tests are like hosted on home PC for certain hours, but nevermind. Yours and Chrishio's post are explaining everything well.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Zbizo on 2013 Jun 16, 18:25:26

I thought that you're using dedicated server only to keep up game servers online and closed tests are like hosted on home PC for certain hours, but nevermind. Yours and Chrishio's post are explaining everything well.

Team members are able to log into the game to check things out and make sure that everything looks right and works right.

When the open server event is over, fans won't be able to log on anymore because the team will disable your account's ability to log into the game.

jimm

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 16, 19:11:00

Team members are able to log into the game to check things out and make sure that everything looks right and works right.

When the open server event is over, fans won't be able to log on anymore because the team will disable your account's ability to log into the game.

But I'll still be able to log in. Are you saying I'm not a fan?  DD:

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: jimm on 2013 Jun 18, 20:20:02
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 16, 19:11:00

But I'll still be able to log in. Are you saying I'm not a fan?  DD:

But you're also a team member! :3

FanofRainbowDash

Does the game work best with a desktop or a laptop? Because I wanna get on the moment I wake up on the open server day.  :D

Billow Pillow

2013 Jun 19, 15:45:20 #131 Last Edit: 2013 Jun 19, 15:48:54 by Lyra Heartstrings
Quote from: FanofRainbowDash on 2013 Jun 19, 15:43:01
Does the game work best with a desktop or a laptop? Because I wanna get on the moment I wake up on the open server day.  :D
Probably best to run the game on a desktop as they tend to be more powerful.  But the game can run on either desktop, or labtop.  It all depends on your computer.
You can find all the technical information in the link below.
Click Here
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Tekner

Another way to look at it is that the game is an MMORPG, and requires a mouse to play. Most people have trouble using a laptop's mousepad to play games, so if you don't have an external mouse, it'll be harder (not impossible, though) to play on a laptop. I myself keep switching my mouse between my desktops and my laptop.

Ryo_D_Disk

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Jun 19, 16:03:19
Another way to look at it is that the game is an MMORPG, and requires a mouse to play. Most people have trouble using a laptop's mousepad to play games, so if you don't have an external mouse, it'll be harder (not impossible, though) to play on a laptop. I myself keep switching my mouse between my desktops and my laptop.

Laptop Challange Accepted, I never use a mouse (probaly why i never finish an mmon but thats a seprate story)

Asterian Starfall

Most people have trouble using a laptop's mousepad to play games, so if you don't have an external mouse, it'll be harder (not impossible, though) to play on a laptop.

That's why I have a wireless optical mouse and Logitech headset.  X3

The Wandering Magus

I use a laptop connected to a screen, mouse and keyboard to play LOTRO :P because I'm weird that way (and so I can carry my computer around with me)
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Asterian Starfall

Clock is ticking... Clock is ticking until the open server weekend...
I don't know, just passing time.

Liska

Unskilled casual. Laptop touchpads all the way. :nod:

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: AnyaSmash on 2013 Jun 19, 17:44:55
Unskilled casual. Laptop touchpads all the way. :nod:

Yes! Someone who gets it!

Oh and by the way, I never got the chance to thank you for introducing me to Bloomberg... Thank you.

Liska

Go Up