Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Itty Bit

Mood swings have been getting intense, and I'm a bit worried about other things that I'm starting to pick up. I'll hang in there, and maybe see my doctor soon.

Peace Keeper

This might be a little... well... not sure how I can put it, but guess I might get a bit borderline here, almost leaning to the unnacceptable side. But, just want to give out something that bothers me, and I may do tests and reviews to see if what I fear could be true.

In CoD, I don't mind if I get defeated, just the feeling that I am being defeated by headshots very often, well what I feel is very often. The one thing that I fear thinking to myself is that my profile would be hacked to make headshots on me too easy. But that is probably me, or that I just set myself up in many worst cases to get hit in the head.

So I guess it is my paranoia getting to me, but just to be sure this isn't some hack and just stupid unlucky coincidences, I plan on looking back at several gameplays, see every player on how they were defeated and by headshot or not, and also check who got the KO and if by headshot or not. Also gonna see if they used a specific attachment when they got the KO.

Guess this is me in a nutshell, salty on the way I get defeated. Well... one way to find out. If it is just coincidences, I could bury my bothersome paranoia and finally relax....................................................................... Until someone decides to lag it for everyone.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Midnight Breeze

Too many people still think they're too cool for seatbelts, and it's especially frustrating when they're a passenger in my car. For God's sake, it's not like I'm asking for your first born. All I'm asking is for you to expend 1/10 of a calorie worth of energy to buckle up. Not only is it the law, but my car has a really annoying reminder alarm that goes off every 30 seconds or so if it detects an unbuckled passenger.

Click it or ticket, pal.

Chromastone64

YouTube Heroes.
I'm actually losing faith in this site now. Honestly, it's like they don't even care.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

BludSpammd

Every Pokémon gen being grass, fire, water and the fire starter constantly being fire/fighting in its final evolution stage.
People who try to figure out the best way to exploit the game instead of just enjoying it. Exploits are not necessarily bad, but when it becomes a meta and people hate you for going away from the meta then that is what stops the game from being fun.

When I open a game I just want to do whatever I want and still be useful. Making exotic builds is fun for me.

Sweet Brew

So, you MH fans will know what I'm talking about.

A Rathian did that tail back flip thing to me 6 times in a row, by the time I drink one antidote I get hit again, then kept just flying then landing over and over for like 2 minutes straight so I couldn't do anything due to the wind pressure.

I don't mind losing, just as long as it looks like an actual fight, not like a spamming AI.
In their defense, this doesn't normally happen, so their AI is still really good.

Chishio Kunrin

So, one of my friends refuses to follow the instructions on those kinds of foods that are ready to make, like rice or pasta sides.

She just puts a bunch of water in the pot, dumps the package into it, and boils it for a while, then eats it.

If I wanna eat that kinda stuff, I do not let her make it because it won't taste very good, since she uses too much water and doesn't cover and simmer like the package says to do. It says to use 2 cups of water, and she just puts a bunch of water in it directly from the faucet.

*Sigh* :facehoof:
There's a reason the instructions exist. It's so it'll taste good, and your pasta or rice won't be undercooked or mushy.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

I wish the global scientific community would just rename Uranus and end that stupid, sophomoric joke once and for all.

Yeah, I get it: Uranus sounds like "your anus". You're soooooooooo original to make that joke, sure never heard that one before!

I don't think I've ever once had a serious discussion about the planet without someone giggling like a 9-year-old every time the name is said since I was in kindergarten (before we learned what the homophone was).

I propose we call it 'Poseidon', since it's pretty much twins with Neptune.

Chromastone64

Spoiler: Yet another long rant about someone being an idiot. • show
My brother is one of those people who you can have a ton of fun with one day, and then absolutely hate the next. It doesn't help that he doen't seem to understand even some basic social skills. One of the biggest things, though, is his penchant for not accepting he doesn't agree with, or if it's anything I don't like, he'll go against my opinion just for the sake of it.
Let me give you an example; in the cartoon Regual Show, I absolutely DESPISE Benson. I understand he has a right to be mad most of the time, but other times he maliciously goes out of his way to make Mordecai and Rigby's lives misreable. Plus, the show tries to make you feel bad for him by piling on so many out of nowhere sad backstories, none of which feel natural in any way. Now, whenever I try to bring up one of the stupid things that Benson has done (like literally paying to see Mordecai and Rigby hurt), how does my brother react?
"Eeeeeh, no."
That's it. He's doesn't even think. And no, it's not just TV, this is ANY argument. He can't be bothered to actually think of an argument, so he says the most immature, pathetic excuses that the freaking bullies from my old school used. And half the time, he'll just walk off after saying that, leaving me resisting the urge to run after him and scream in his ear.
Now back to that social aspect. This shows especially in online gaming, case and point: Heroes Of The Storm.
As with any online game, you'll get players who are complete idiots and not follow the simple concept: when a battleground objective pops up, drop whatever your doing and go help cap it, as the whole enemy team will most likely be rushing for it. When someone refuses to do it, we ask why, if they give a stupid reason, such as "It'll make the match last longer so we get more EXP", or "It's just an A.I match", we'll both say it's not worth it/not an excuse to not help us. However, if they STILL don't help, my brother will suddenly think he owns the rights to everyone's lives, and say ""name", I order you to help with the objective" or "I command you to hand in the gems".
How the HECK can he think that's acceptable?! You don't say "I order you" to anyone! Yes, the other person's being an idiot, but you're just making yourself look like a socially inept jerk!
And now on to HOTS in general: he seems to think that because I main Lt. Morales, a very potent healer, that he can just RUSH IN, with no minions, into a group of 2+ enemy heroes at the base of their keep, or just LEEROOOOY it when I'm healing our other teammates after a team fight.
HE. NEEDS. TO. LEARN.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Sweet Brew

So, my schedule has been awful the past week as people know if they read my last couple posts.

I asked my Mom to wake me up when she gets home today after picking up some pizza so I could fix my schedule and so I wouldn't wake up to gross cold pizza. (Little Caesars isn't too hot when it's cold)

Well, I always ask her to personally do it because when she asks my bro, well... there's a whole new rant all right there.... ovO
But anyways, so she asked my bro anyways....
He wakes me up at 8PM "Did you know we have pizza? Sorry I forgot. ovO "

*sigh* I lost enough sleep that I can still fix my schedule, but the pizza is stone cold.
Oh well. :s

Stardust Dragon

Those days where you're getting things done and being productive, but just can't feel good about anything you're doing.  Like it's all a mistake waiting to backfire somehow...

Chishio Kunrin

So, earlier today, I was super tired and tried to lay down for a nap, but of course, a friend of mine came over for a few hours and refused to let me sleep. When she left, I finally started my nap.

But then at some point, someone rang our doorbell and knocked on the front door. Figuring it was just someone trying to sell something, I ignored it, but they knocked again, and then they went around to the back door (my house is on a corner and we don't have a fence around our back yard) and knocked on that door. So, I decided fine, this person reeeeally wants someone to answer the door, so I'll get up and go answer. But when I got to the door, they were gone.

It's really annoying when someone knocks on the door and has so little patience that they leave if someone doesn't immediately answer. Excuse you, that person might be in the middle of something and need a moment to get to the door!

Anyway, I decided that, if it was someone who actually knows us and if they really wanted to see us that badly, they would just call us. But they didn't. So it must've been someone trying to sell something or do yard work for us. No thank you. Goodbye. Let me sleep.

I still didn't sleep very well during my nap. Bleh. :l

And of course, when I tried to post this, my router decided to stop sending a strong enough signal for anything to consider itself connected to the internet, so I had to go restart the router! What a day! :/

Sweet Brew

People with similar likes and dislikes to me seem to be a sight unseen.
Though, that makes sense seeing as I'm a sight unseen. lol

It's why I just make my own fun with myself. :]

Kat the skeleton

The most annoying thing in the world..... DUN DUN DUN my stupid mean brother

Chromastone64

Okay, you know I mentioned YouTube Heroes?
Well, go to Angry Joe's channel, and watch his latest vid. This is how broken and inept YouTube has become.
(Warning: If you do look it up, just be warned that he's very loud, and uses a lot of language (rightfully so, however))

Bakasan94

My memory. It's not very good.

Midnight Breeze

I'm getting about sick of the imaginary 'SJW' conspiracy alarmism in the gaming community. These attitudes are so insanely illogical I don't even know where to begin. Any time there's a female character in a video game who isn't 'attractive' by the consensus standard, male gamers the world over get uptight about it.

Overwatch is probably one of the most prominent recent examples (Though certainly not the first). People got their jimmies rustled over such non-issues as Tracer's victory pose being changed to be less racy, or Zarya existing in general because her whole character was somehow "SJW pandering". It's as if they're incapable of appreciating a female character for the character itself and only care about how she looks. Not only is this ridiculous in itself, it's also insanely hypocritical given these folks' tendency to use artistic freedom as justification for all the skimpily-clothed female characters in gaming.

Dudebros: "Game developers should be able to design their female characters however they want!"

*devs choose to design non-racy female characters*

Dudebros: "OMG SJW CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!11"

Anyone who isn't currently being fitted for a fedora should be able to see how incredibly stupid and sexist this attitude is. Yet if I point that out I get labelled as a "white knight" (whatever that's supposed to mean) and down-voted into oblivion.

Chishio Kunrin

2016 Sep 24, 22:14:47 #18477 Last Edit: 2016 Sep 24, 22:24:00 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Sep 24, 15:31:44
Spoiler: show
I'm getting about sick of the imaginary 'SJW' conspiracy alarmism in the gaming community. These attitudes are so insanely illogical I don't even know where to begin. Any time there's a female character in a video game who isn't 'attractive' by the consensus standard, male gamers the world over get uptight about it.

Overwatch is probably one of the most prominent recent examples (Though certainly not the first). People got their jimmies rustled over such non-issues as Tracer's victory pose being changed to be less racy, or Zarya existing in general because her whole character was somehow "SJW pandering". It's as if they're incapable of appreciating a female character for the character itself and only care about how she looks. Not only is this ridiculous in itself, it's also insanely hypocritical given these folks' tendency to use artistic freedom as justification for all the skimpily-clothed female characters in gaming.

Dudebros: "Game developers should be able to design their female characters however they want!"

*devs choose to design non-racy female characters*

Dudebros: "OMG SJW CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!11"

Anyone who isn't currently being fitted for a fedora should be able to see how incredibly stupid and sexist this attitude is. Yet if I point that out I get labelled as a "white knight" (whatever that's supposed to mean) and down-voted into oblivion.

Yep, I completely get what you mean.

And, I'm someone who's generally for there being some variety in the characters in any entertainment media because, frankly, I've gotten kind of bored with there being so many shows, movies, and games that have pretty much all or most of the characters being similar or the same. It gets a bit bland. Things are more interesting to look at if there's variety. If all the female characters are that same generic type of "female who most males find really attractive and likes to wear clothes that show off too much", it's boring and bland. And yes, I also appreciate when there's variety in the male characters.

Of course, obviously, there are exceptions. Like, if I'm playing a game that takes place in Victorian England, I don't want there to be some random Japanese guy for no reason other than having variety and such. It just wouldn't make sense.

I've actually realized that one thing about MLP is that the mane six have variety. In the beginning, there was an even split of races (2 unicorns, 2 pegasi, 2 earth ponies). There's variety in their coat and mane colors. There's even variety in their personalities and occupations. This variety makes them each their own pony, separate from the other five, and it makes things much more interesting.

It's annoying when someone keeps trying to argue something and won't listen to anyone else, even to the point of ignoring logic. And then, when they're backed into a corner and they don't have anything else to argue, they resort to something really silly like "Dictionaries don't define things."
Like...
Wait, what? :I

Even more annoying is when someone resorts to "The writers could be lying! Writers lie, you know!" when they literally don't have any way to keep arguing their view or theory! Now, in the MLP fandom, yes, that could work because the MLP crew have lied to us before ("Nooo, Twilight's not going to become an alicorn princess" :/), but in the RWBY fandom, that does not work.

And if you try that "The writers could be lying" argument in front of fans who've been listening to and reading every single thing the writers have been saying since 2013, you're gonna have a bad time. The RWBY crew NEVER intentionally lies. Yes, some things they've said before have turned out wrong, but that was because of plans changing. Sometimes, when you're making a show, plans change and you can't foresee that happening. But at the time that they said it, it wasn't a lie.
Spoiler: Spoiler example • show
For example, when they said we wouldn't see Ozpin in action any time soon. At the time, that was true.

So, why did we see Ozpin face Cinder in the volume 3 finale?
Easy explanation: Monty once said that Ozpin does not get in on the action unless he absolutely positively needs to. Monty came up with the idea for the Maidens after they finished production on volume 2. So, at the time that we were told we wouldn't see Ozpin in action, the Maidens didn't exist yet. Once Cinder gained the full Fall Maiden powers, she became so powerful that Ozpin absolutely positively needed to step forward and get into the action.

So, trying to keep arguing for your theory that Qrow is really Ruby's dad with "Monty could've been lying about Ruby and Yang being half-sisters" is not going to get you anywhere. He didn't lie. Taiyang is the father of both Ruby and Yang. I personally don't mind the theory that Qrow could've had a crush on Summer, but he is most definitely not Ruby's father.

Chromastone64

People that can't handle something called a "running gag".
I'm British, so it's basically my job to (jokingly, of course) make fun of most things. I'll never do it maliciously, just, I have certain "themes" I run with. (Yes, this makes my life sound like a cartoon, I know). Let me list a few:
Whenever my friend brings up that strange Japanese "idol", Hatsune Miku, I'll joke about her being evil because of a silly video me and him saw about her eventually taking over the world.
There's a certain weird fan character that I legitimately hate and would like to forget about, and I'll constantly take little jabs at them.
I'll constantly drop little memes and MLP jokes whenever I can, and there's quite a few more.
The thing is that these are basically natural impulses for me by now, obessesed with the internet and entertainment as I am. So when someone tells me I'm doing it maliciously, I have to remind them "Hey, IT'S A JOKE."
Well, except the one about that character. I really wish I never found out about that character.

Grizzly

hey Chroma, long time no see ^-^

And something really dumb that annoys me is in a online PVP game i by some miracle actually do good, then the enemy player/team starts ruining the game on purpose.
The most common accident is the one noone expects.

Go Up