Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Thundergirl on 2017 Jan 19, 03:21:27
Why do I have to wear glasses that make me see the same as without them? When I go to the oculist, she says I have the same amounts of myopia. How?

Are you testing indoors? If you have only mild myopia then you won't be able to perceive the difference because your vision only gets blurry in the distance, which you will only notice when outdoors and focusing on distant objects.

You don't need to wear them if you don't need them. Contrary to popular myth, going without glasses does not make your vision worse.

Sweet Brew

Mail here is pretty terrible.
I ordered a package a package that was supposed to arrive yesterday morning, it still hasn't arrived and it's almost 8:30PM!
I know that's not too late but the thing is they say they don't even know where it is now.

Again, I'd not care too much if it wasn't for the fact that it's $40 which is very expensive to me and the main does this all the time!
They're notorious for being lame here.

Thunder Spin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2017 Jan 19, 19:30:48

Are you testing indoors? If you have only mild myopia then you won't be able to perceive the difference because your vision only gets blurry in the distance, which you will only notice when outdoors and focusing on distant objects.

You don't need to wear them if you don't need them. Contrary to popular myth, going without glasses does not make your vision worse.
okay, solved the problem !

Irroro

2017 Jan 20, 15:00:16 #18603 Last Edit: 2017 Jan 20, 15:05:06 by Irroro
Why am I always tired in the mornings? O.o

Oh yeah.

It's because I have untreated sleep apnea -- praise the sun!

Or rather its because my father insists that I should just get more sleep, even though sleeping more hasn't helped me in over three years now. 'Course, I've been telling him that, but he insists that it has and will continue to help eradicate my everyday tiredness.

My only response to him after all of the poo he gave me: "UGHGGHGGGGGHGHHAAAHAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAARARARARRARRHHGHHGG!!!!!!!!!" Along with a couple face-plantings on the closest pillows to me and a sigh of chronic defeat.

Look, I even made a poem because of all that manure!

Read it:

A poem: Sorrys

All they can say is sorry.

Even when everything's past.

Nothing they can do to make less awry,

Even when I stand there, aghast.

I've asked, I've pleaded, I've wanted so badly,

And they never even bothered to consider my views

They simply dismissed them as childish, unimportant things, and they pushed it aside as I suffered, I choked, I hurt. Even as I cried at night, even when I tried to convince myself with these things they've said to me... It only made it worse.

All they can say is that they're sorry, in the end.

And I've got to do the job myself.

Nothing they can do in the end.

"I had to fix it myself."

The damage done,

The scars still there,

Nothing they can do -- no -- there's nothing they will do.

'Because, in the end, I'm the one they'll have fix it.

Because, in the end, it was my problem to begin with.

And in the end, all they will have offered would have been their sorrys. Their near-worthless sorrys, as the result of their failures proudly present themselves upon my face. As the result of their neglection present themselves in my actions.

Sorrys. That's all I got.

Maddening.

You can literally feel my anger and frustration from this poem! And you know what the best part about my situation is? It still hasn't been solved!

Good day to you all.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Howitzer

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2017 Jan 19, 20:18:16
Mail here is pretty terrible.
I ordered a package a package that was supposed to arrive yesterday morning, it still hasn't arrived and it's almost 8:30PM!
I know that's not too late but the thing is they say they don't even know where it is now.

Again, I'd not care too much if it wasn't for the fact that it's $40 which is very expensive to me and the main does this all the time!
They're notorious for being lame here.

My package is over two weeks overdue and possibly lost somewhere in Europe.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Howitzer on 2017 Jan 20, 16:54:25
My package is over two weeks overdue and possibly lost somewhere in Europe.
And this is why people love Amazon... 'Cause yeah, it's still late. >:/

Midnight Breeze

I thought I was socially awkward, but I can't hold a candle to my new roommate. It's super awkward being in alone with him in our room. I've been coming down the hall to the study room for my free time.

I can't wait to leave this place and finally get my own room. Just 3 more months.

Sweet Brew

The stalk market crashed and I lost so many bells. :c
I blame Tom Nook.

PlatinumJoystick

I've recently been getting back into this whole pony thing. That's not really the bad part, because it's opening up a lot more things to do in order to pass the times. Bad part is, wanting to reconnect with people that you hadn't talked to since you left, and not being able to find them anywhere. It sucks, because I used to (and still do, for those I can talk to) have some really great friends in this community, and now I'll probably not talk to the most of them again. Little depressing thought, but it's a problem I've had to face while trying to hook up and reconnect with some people, there's just no avenue of communication with them.
Hail to the Knights Of The Dawn.

Sweet Brew

I've been feeling really touchy as of late, like the stupidest things are upsetting me.
It's weird, I'm normally chill with everything.

Midnight Breeze

"Force babies". That's what I call them anyway. Kids who joined the Air Force straight out of high school and have zero life experience. It's ridiculous some of the things they complain, reasons they regret joining and can't wait to get out for. It's as if they think being an adult in the civilian world is all sunshine and rainbows....they have no idea.

I myself am something of a chronic complainer, so when I of all people roll my eyes at someone's complaints you know it's crazy. You can tell someone's never worked in the civilian world a day in their life when they complain that $2000 a month plus food, housing, healthcare, and education at 17 years old is somehow a bad deal. For God's sake, we're not even IN the real Air Force yet, we're in tech school! I'm basically getting paid to attend college full time, and even as a lowly Airman Basic I have more spending money than I ever did working in the private sector, and I was making above the national median for my education level.

These kids are lucky they were in grade school during the great recession, they wouldn't have made it.

Sweet Brew

Another night of barely more than an hour of sleep. ovO

Stardust Dragon

This is something that gets to me because this is part of my job, but it might be understood by those with a certain desire for...reason.
Spoiler: show

This is a sheet of gel that light technicians use to color the various lighting instruments that illuminate a theater stage.  That thing it's resting on is a paper cutter.  There's a reason we use the paper cutter: because every instrument we have uses a square gel frame!  And that little tag in the corner marks what color the gel is so that we know we put the right shade of 60-80 (no, that's not hyperbole) different blues, and every section has to have it written on it.  In short: WHY did we do this!?  :facehoof:

This is on top of people never cleaning up after themselves when a class comes through.  I get that you might be in a hurry, but...so am I, when I have to hang and gel 40+ instruments, cable it, and make sure everything works in the span of my limited work hours.

-Ahem-  Pardon that rant.

Sweet Brew

2017 Feb 02, 14:55:38 #18613 Last Edit: 2017 Feb 02, 18:08:01 by Sweet Brew
Walmart....
Why you so annoying with my orders? :c

Post Merge

So I got so used to having a crazy sleep schedule that I'm used to waking up, killing an hour or something then hanging out with my friends, but now I no longer have the sleep schedule of a bat so I'm sitting here bored all day because I have to wait like 12+ hours.
*sigh*
After this week end's over I'll no longer need this sleep schedule and probably go back to being nocturnal. ;)

Howitzer

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2017 Feb 02, 14:55:38
Walmart....
Why you so annoying with my orders? :c

You put your trust in Walmart, that was your first mistake.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Peace Keeper

Yea. Really no good idea to shop online at Walmart.

But in Sweet's case that's the only way. He had a Walmart gift card, so he pretty much can only get something from there. If I were to give someone a gift card, it'll just be a Visa gift card to use it on anywhere. I never liked store-specified gift cards cause it limits them to buy anything.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Midnight Breeze

I busted my butt so hard at this month's PT test. I got 100% on strength, as usual, and I was determined to do better at my run. I killed myself, knocking off a full minute from my run time and ended up with a 91 overall score on the test (which is considered "excellent").

...but the MTL in charge of it decided to go and put me on the list for remedial PT anyway....WTF?!?!

I think I'm going to have a little talk with that MTL. I blew away all the standards, I get the suspicion they think I'm lying about my strength scores, since I'm so much better at strength than average and so much worse at running that average. Most people find running way easier than strength, but for me it's the exact opposite. I don't know why, that's just how it is.

Sweet Brew

Daaang, I've been doing a lot these past few days and it's all catching up to me.
I'd love to sleep for like... A week. :c

Pipkin

my dryer takes 2 cycles to dry my clothes

which I need to do before I can go to bed cause I need them for work in 11 hours...

Irroro

When you suddenly realize that using Tapatalk is a horrible way to roleplay on this site.

But then realizing that you're probably the only one that's probably run into this 'horrible way to roleplay on this site' since Tapatalk is relatively new.

Go Up